• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
lmao why would he do this? Also I don't even think this is good election to raise your profile anymore as there are far too many voices. He literally offers nothing that the other candidates don't.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
giphy.gif

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
Someone needs to do a video of all the candidates in the style of Smash Bros "Everyone is here!"

Deleted member 45211

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 19, 2018
Literally made an "ugh" sound. Great intentions or not, this guy is not nearly the skilled politician he thinks he is. He overestimates himself and his standing at every turn.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
No clue how unpopular or popular he is, but as an outsider I have to say that someone who did this:

de Blasio will always have my respect.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say he has zero chance but he's a Red Sox fan who somehow became mayor of New York and managed to celebrate their WS without being killed so maybe he knows what he's doing

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017
No clue how unpopular or popular he is, but as an outsider I have to say that someone who did this:

de Blasio will always have my respect.

He's not exactly liked in NYC, but he's not afraid to call people out on BS on Twitter. Also, he got some major props recently when he told people in Williamsburg either get the MMR vaccine or get fined.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I guess since Bloomberg isn't running de Blasio felt obliged to. How long until Rahm decides to throw his hat into the ring for some dumb reason?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
This has got to be the most delusional presidential run of the whole field. Michael Bennet has a more realistic shot than de Blasio.

shem

Oct 25, 2017
I mean if he wants to burn some money I could be his social media director.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
lmao why would he do this? Also I don't even think this is good election to raise your profile anymore as there are far too many voices. He literally offers nothing that the other candidates don't.

I hear it's because he saw Buttigieg getting so much press and he's a mayor of a much much smaller city, so de Blasio thinks he somehow has a chance...

Oct 25, 2017
1. Announce presidential bid
2. Raise money
3. Drop out quickly, saying you aren't gaining any traction.
4. Spread that wealth you raised around to your cronies to help buy their elections.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
he can help shape the debate, but i hope he isn't hoping to upgrade his career to cabinet or vp or something.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
He's not exactly liked in NYC, but he's not afraid to call people out on BS on Twitter. Also, he got some major props recently when he told people in Williamsburg either get the MMR vaccine or get fined.

I like him free Pre-K and free 3 k is the greatest thing ever enacted.

Maybe running it into the ground. Take it from someone who lives here - he's awful.

Although +1 for implementing Universal Pre-K - but that's it.

Take it from someone who lives here. He's been pretty good. Free Pre-K and 3 k is a literally saving my family's ass. "That's it"? It's seriously the best idea that has been enacted in the last 50+ years. That alone is enough to make him one of the greatest mayor's this city has ever had.

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Totally uninspiring as mayor, personally offputting and running for vanity and exposure now that his time in office is almost done. New Yorkers sure aren't asking him to do this, he's been testing the waters for what seems like years and no one cares. Bending over for Amazon was the last straw, your progressive rhetoric falls flat when you pull shit like that behind closed doors.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
There's a difference between people running for president to be president, and those running to raise their national profile.

This is the latter. I expect he wants a future as senator or governor or possibly a cabinet position.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
There's a difference between people running for president to be president, and those running to raise their national profile.

This is the latter. I expect he wants a future as senator or governor or possibly a cabinet position.

Him being New York's governor would be great. Anything to get Cuomo out.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
DeBlasio is here to win this. He's done a decent job but New York mayors have a long tradition of losing badly in Presidential runs. I'm looking forward to seeing what he offers. At the minimum I expect him to be one of the most engaging candidates.