• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jan 11, 2018
Also, I applaud you dodging the subject of the post.

You've previous dodged most of what I've written, so I guess I'm just following suit. At least I don't retort to using foul language. That's a sure-fire way to create a hostile environment and have people not take you seriously.

Easy to say when it isn't your humanity being questioned and assaulted.

If only liberals like you directed all of this anger towards the Republicans and the people who actually ruin people's lives with their policies rather than fellow Democrats that you consider imperfect, that'd be great.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
User warned: hostility
If only people like you directed all of this anger towards the Republicans
I'm just gonna stop you right there.

You can also fuck right off, because I have put more blood sweat and tears into working for, stumping for, and generally busting my ass for political campaigns, get out the vote efforts, and protests than you could possibly comprhend.

You've got a real problem opening your mouth to say stupid shit when you don't know anything.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If only liberals like you directed all of this anger towards the Republicans and the people who actually ruin people's lives with their policies rather than fellow Democrats that you consider imperfect, that'd be great.

f5yiWCl.gif

The only reason there's even a convo about this is because you went all "butt Hillary" in a topic that wasn't even about a politician.

Jan 11, 2018
User warned: derailing the thread
The only reason there's even a convo about this is because you went all "butt Hillary" in a topic that wasn't even about a politician.

And people took it out of context and turned it into Sanders vs. Clinton discussion, which I honestly didn't intend for to happen. Whatever your thoughts on Sanders are, Clinton is clearly centre-right and to me it's baffling that someone can be so upset about a comedian like Maher not being progressive enough (implying they care so deeply about progressive values that they're that picky) yet be comfortable with voting for someone who's clearly not the most progressive on her side of the political isle.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And people took it out of context and turned it into Sanders vs. Clinton discussion, which I honestly didn't intend for to happen. Whatever your thoughts on Sanders are, Clinton is clearly centre-right and to me it's baffling that someone can be so upset about a comedian like Maher not being progressive enough (implying they care so deeply about progressive values that they're that picky) yet be comfortable with voting for someone who's clearly not the most progressive on her side of the political isle.
Oh hell no. Post #216. You brought up the goddamn 2016 Democratic primaries yourself, directly talking about whether people voted for Sanders or Clinton. You knew damn well what you were doing. There's no other reason to do that than Sanders vs. Clinton. There's no other way to read that, no other purpose to that.

Like, there was literally no other context to that post. Just that you, as a non-American, hoped people voted for Sanders over Clinton. C'mon. There is no other context there. None. Just an attempt at a witty remark and trying to bring in the primaries for no reason at all. Ain't having any of this.

Edit: You can say whatever you want, but it doesn't change the fact that there was no reason to even bring up either Clinton or Sanders or the 2016 Democratic primary in the first place. That was all on you, bringing it into a completely unrelated thread for no reason. Doesn't matter why or whatever, there was no need to do that, and you did it anyway, derailing the thread. That's all on you.

Jan 11, 2018
Like, there was literally no other context to that post. Just that you, as a non-American, hoped people voted for Sanders over Clinton. C'mon. There is no other context there. None. Just an attempt at a witty remark and trying to bring in the primaries for no reason at all. Ain't having any of this.

You don't have to believe me, and I'm owning up to my poor way of trying to get my point across, but my intention was to highlight the cognitive dissonance in "fuck Maher" and at the same time supporting a centre-right candidate. Sanders was the first point of reference that came to mind as someone to the left of Clinton, but I could have mentioned Stein too. Ideally I should just not have made it about the election but about supporting centre-right Democrats in general, but you know what they say about hindsight :)

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Enough of this derail. This thread is not for 2016 primary relitigation. This thread is about Bill Maher and his comments on Rosanne Barr. Either stay on topic or stop posting in the thread.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love Bill Maher and agree with him 90% of the time. I think he's funnier than most political hosts. For example, I find John Oliver to be informative, but offensively unfunny.
We must be polar opposites humor-wise because I find Oliver to be hilarious where as Maher doesn't do much for me.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Just for all the Maher defenders, here's him going off on "snowflakes" and "purity police" this week:

If only he would stop being a snowflake about Roseanne I guess, right?
Oh, but it's fine when he does it. lol

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
That New Rule was definitely one of the least convincing and most confused in a while.

Oct 29, 2017
Just watched his newest comedy special on HBO.

He was hilarious and completely on point.

Dems need to take a page from his book if they actually want to defeat Trump in 2020.