• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Billions_s2-feat.jpg

I couldn't find Billions thread on Era, so thought I should create one. This has to be one of the most underrated shows. Its fucking fantastic. From acting to music to dialogues. Every character in the show stands out.

If you haven't checked it out, you should. There are just too many great scene in this show.

Season 3 Trailer

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Last season axelrod lost in big time, so I expecting a huge payback this season

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
oh man, march 25th?
still quite far away :<
totally love this show, damian lewis and paul giamatti are incredible in this

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I'm intrigued. Really should add some info to the OP. Never heard of this show (and rarely am browsing when I can watch videos / trailers)

Billions is an American television drama series created by Brian Koppelman, David Levien, and Andrew Ross Sorkin, starring Paul Giamatti and Damian Lewis, that premiered on Showtime on January 17, 2016. The series is loosely based on the activities of crusading federal prosecutor of financial crimes Preet Bharara, the former U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York,[1][2]and his legal battles with hedge fund manager Steve Cohen of S.A.C. Capital Advisors.[3]. In Season 2, it also incorporates loosely the cases involving Treasury bond auction market manipulation conduct of Salomon Brothers, including the roles of CEO John Gutfreund and bond trader Paul Mozer, in 1991.

The second season premiered on February 19, 2017. Showtime renewed the series for a third season,[4] set to premiere on March 25, 2018.[5]

this_guy

Oct 26, 2017
Billions and West World this spring. Can' wait.

*Did they ever announce a date for West World?

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking of watching this, as I love Paul Giamatti. Give me the rundown on this show.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait for the new season. Fully expecting Axe to go full scorched earth mode

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know how long they can keep this show going for without it just going around in circles.

Liked most of S2 though.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
Love this show. Hope it can continue to maintain the high levels of the first two seasons.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, it really is one of the best shows out there in terms of excellent drama propelled by interesting and complex people portrayed by talented actors.

And I've got to admit, I'm on Team Axelrod.

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
Really solid premiere. This show went from good to great when it made Taylor a central character.

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I'm so glad this is back. One of the most talented and deepest ensembles in recent memory with Giamatti and Lewis really killing it with great chemistry to boot.
Going to try and let a few episodes sir before I get started on season 3, but doubt I'll be able to resist

Jack Remington

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Started watching this about two weeks ago, and I got caught up last night with S3E1. This is probably now my favorite currently running tv show. I just love everything about it. The writing is amazing, and I find myself rewinding scenes just to listen to the dialogue again at times. Awesome characters, with outstanding acting performances behind them.

Taylor is one of the coolest characters on tv right now.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
I am way behind on this show, completely missed season 2 there is too many good shows to watch.

MasterVampire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why did Axe's wife leave him?

He told one little lie about hiring back Wendy and that's it??

He never cheated on her, never did any hard drugs or alcohol, never hit her or the kids etc.... it seems so trivial.

Jack Remington

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why did Axe's wife leave him?

He told one little lie about hiring back Wendy and that's it??

He never cheated on her, never did any hard drugs or alcohol, never hit her or the kids etc.... it seems so trivial.

They were on their way to getting back together, and then he got indicted for corporate sabotage and got his assets frozen. She tried to consult with Axe's lawyer about her options, but he wouldn't talk to her for ethical reasons. But since it's been stated several times that there's no pre-nup, it looks like she's splitting with him to protect her share of the wealth in case Axe loses it all.

nightwatcher

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Chinese guy trying to hide his screen was hilarious

Started watching this about two weeks ago, and I got caught up last night with S3E1. This is probably now my favorite currently running tv show. I just love everything about it. The writing is amazing, and I find myself rewinding scenes just to listen to the dialogue again at times. Awesome characters, with outstanding acting performances behind them.

Taylor is one of the coolest characters on tv right now.

Same

dean_rcg

Oct 27, 2017
Just caught the first episode of S3, great to have it back, can't wait to see what happens.

The quality of the writing is impeccable.