• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lmao Axe's look when Wags said 9 million

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
We all knew something like that was coming, but it didn't make it any less fucking amazing.

That was a stand up from your couch and applaud moment. I can't wait to see how it plays out in the finale.

Adding the character of Taylor is the best thing this show ever did, and it's done a ton of great things.
Agreed. I'm surprised he's going to partner with the Russians though. Axe is going to be fucking stunned when Taylor resigns, I can't wait to see his face, especially after having paid the biggest bonus ever in the company lol. I also wonder how much Dollar Bill got as a bonus lol. Also, did Wendy get more than Mags? Axe said it was twice the Juice trade profit, don't remember if they ever mentioned the figure. Season 4 will be spectacular

Lmao Axe's look when Wags said 9 million
lol do you think Axe thought he was younger when he found the magazines?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is all going to blow up in Taylor's face in the most horrible way.

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
^^^ Oh he's terrible, but a fascinating character. I always wonder what awful thing he's going to do or say every time he appears.

OP
OP
BeforeU

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
that was amazing. And ending lol I found it slightly cringeworthy

But was a solid finale

Chumley

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Connerty and Dake sold their souls to the devil just to get back at Chuck. Slimy pieces of shit. Looking forward to Chuck and Axe bringing them all down.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Connertys line to chuck at the door was a nice touch.
What was awesome is you could just see it on Chuck's face that he knew exactly what Connerty was going to say to him as well. His face wasn't even so much disappointment as "Yeah I get it, you win. I'm going." Was half expecting an eye roll from Chuck at that moment.

Finale was awesome.

Deleted member 3761

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chuck needed the circuit breaker, he was out of control.

I also liked how Taylor made both Wendy and Axe seem completely outmoded and out of touch.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Shame more people aren't watching this show because it continues to be one of the best things on TV.

Great finale. It was surreal to see Axe and Chuck plotting together but they really are setting things up for an epic showdown where the two most intelligent and inherently dangerous characters - who have been at each other's throats for the better part of three seasons - unite to obliterate their respective enemies.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chuck needed the circuit breaker, he was out of control.

I also liked how Taylor made both Wendy and Axe seem completely outmoded and out of touch.

I agree to a point but I also think the show has made it clear that Taylor is operating without any real emotional and interpersonal instincts and rather believes that everything in life can be broken down into data that can be analyzed, aggregated, anticipated and manipulated, which is why Wendy's warning is foreshadowing the manner in which Taylor might finally falter.

Deleted member 3761

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Taylor was right though, saying success is built on relationships is largely garbage. How many bridges does Axe burn?

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017
literally every character in this show is happy to screw over anyone when its in their interest and are absolutely shocked and upset when someone does the same to them, which is fine, but does each one of them have to have a long speech about it too

Deleted member 12950

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I enjoyed the finale, but did I miss Sacker giving up Chuck? The guy Chuck plotted with is the Deputy Attorney General now, Dake said he got satisfaction of seeing Chuck's fall, Connerty got revenge and is the interim District Attorney, but Kate was just standing there in the background the whole time in the office.

I guess maybe Jackoff owes her a favour but it's not like he'll be in office in 3 or 7 years in the Billionsverse. Or maybe she got nothing because she gave Chuck's plan up to Connerty at the bar and had no leverage after giving that for free. Either way I'm finding it hard to see how she comes out ahead, I guess not going down with Chuck might be enough?

Chumley

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
With how angry Axe was, I don't really believe he could have stopped himself from calling Taylor a girl at some point. Dude does not have a moral backbone when it comes to wanting to destroy his enemies, I also don't think he has a conscience at all whereas Chuck kinda sorta still has one.

Deleted member 3761

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With how angry Axe was, I don't really believe he could have stopped himself from calling Taylor a girl at some point. Dude does not have a moral backbone when it comes to wanting to destroy his enemies, I also don't think he has a conscience at all whereas Chuck kinda sorta still has one.
Malkovich's character said "she's your property" I was surprised they left it in, because he didn't seem to mean it.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I enjoyed the finale, but did I miss Sacker giving up Chuck? The guy Chuck plotted with is the Deputy Attorney General now, Dake said he got satisfaction of seeing Chuck's fall, Connerty got revenge and is the interim District Attorney, but Kate was just standing there in the background the whole time in the office.

I guess maybe Jackoff owes her a favour but it's not like he'll be in office in 3 or 7 years in the Billionsverse. Or maybe she got nothing because she gave Chuck's plan up to Connerty at the bar and had no leverage after giving that for free. Either way I'm finding it hard to see how she comes out ahead, I guess not going down with Chuck might be enough?
I don't think she gave him up to anyone except Connerty. The vibe I got from Thai scene is she was brought in on it when everyone got to the office that day and she pieced it together. Her comment before he walked in was like saying "I told you how this would go."

The fact she wasn't mentioned by the AG at all in that scene makes me think she didn't rat Chuck out but she also didn't fall on the sword for him.

I think she comes out ahead by staying low. Brian isn't gonna crush her because he got the Intel from her. And she's still in the office for when Chuck goes on his eventual revenge tour I bet.

Deleted member 12950

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I don't think she gave him up to anyone except Connerty. The vibe I got from Thai scene is she was brought in on it when everyone got to the office that day and she pieced it together. Her comment before he walked in was like saying "I told you how this would go."

The fact she wasn't mentioned by the AG at all in that scene makes me think she didn't rat Chuck out but she also didn't fall on the sword for him.

I think she comes out ahead by staying low. Brian isn't gonna crush her because he got the Intel from her. And she's still in the office for when Chuck goes on his eventual revenge tour I bet.

Ahh right, that makes a lot more sense than my limited thinking. Thanks.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Taylor was right though, saying success is built on relationships is largely garbage. How many bridges does Axe burn?

Axe can most assuredly destroy people as he deems fit but he also has a tight cadre of individuals loyal to him in a way Taylor probably won't be able to replicate.

But you have a point in regards to the bridges he's burned.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, I'm on Taylor's side for the most part.
They're only major blunder was trying to get the Russian mob guy on their side. Wasn't Taylor actively against hiring that dude in the first place since he's obviously a violent mobster?

Now there's really no good solution going forward between Axe, Taylor, and the mobster. Im guessing no matter what goes down somebody is dying next season. I'd be interested in what would happen if Axe's ex or kids were killed (he really hasn't had many personal bad things happen to him that he hasn't been able to bounce back from), but I wouldn't be surprised if Wendy or Wags might get whacked (as much as that would suck to lose those characters).

jey_16

Oct 28, 2017
What an amazing show, finished season 3 in just a few days

Could see that finale coming but was still fantastic, that final scene was dope

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Still love this show but these cameos are killing me!
The salt bae guy, really? At least they didn't give him any lines lol

I saw the finale twist coming but still enjoyed it, about time Connerty got a win.

DragonElm

Oct 28, 2017
UAE
I just finished my binge. Love this show. It kept getting better and better each season. The characters are very well written and developed through well thought out plot arcs. The supporting characters are equally well written and memorable. I can never decide who's side I'm on, Axe or Chuck. Also liked how season 3 switched up the pacing a little bit.

Jack Remington

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I just finished this last night.

Why would Sacker betray Chuck? Throughout season 3, Sacker has struggled with the directives coming in from the Attorney General, particularly prosecuting an innocent young black man, which led to his death by police brutality, and Jeffcoat's order to start doing broken windows policing in minority neighborhoods.

She had a chance to work with Chuck to bring Jeffcoats down and end the injustices they were forced to carry out. Instead she betrays the guy trying to bring down King Racist. So now what? SDNY will be under Jeffcoats' thumb even more than when Chuck was there. She's going to have to carry out racial injustices for as long as he's the AG. She just guaranteed that she's going to be forced to do appalling things for at least another couple years.

It just makes no sense that Sacker would side with Jeffcoats given what we know about her motivations. It's not like she was going to get a promotion. She was already Head of Crim, and Connerty got the District Attorney job, so there isn't a promotion open for her.

Also, given that Connerty's key motivation is rooting out corruption, why would he side with Jeffcoats, who is far more corrupt than Chuck ever was?

I'm excited to see Chuck and Axe team up next season, but I can't help but feel that the actions that led to Chuck getting ousted were completely out of character for Connerty, Sacker, and even Dake to be honest (he's also motivated by ending corruption, so why Jeffcoats over Chuck?).

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
My wife and I binged seasons 1-3 in the last 2.5 weeks. Great show. Can't wait for season 4.