• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Evidence Document Update
  • OP
    OP
    SoH

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
    I have made my way through the evidence document. Here is what I think is the most important throughline worth knowing about..

In TG's livestream reviewing Billy Mitchell's 1,047 score the integrity of the tape source is addressed here. This is Mitchell's primary complaint because the source of the tape, Dwayne Richard, has a publicly well known extreme dislike for Mitchell.

(47:20)

In short, TG used footage from King of Kong as well as an independent copy provided by Greg Erway.

"At the time that Steve Wiebe was submitting his performances and they were being called under question, Billy's performances were used as the model of professional play to compare Steve Wiebe's tapes to as they looked for things. So what happened is Walter Day had copies of Billy's performances sent to all referees that he had asked to take a look at. One of those people was Dwayne Richard. Another one was Greg Erway who actually got digital files of both the 1047 and the 1050 performances. So we got a copy from Greg Erway"

Billy takes issue with this because Walter Day states he never dealt with digital copies of any player's performance so he couldn't be the source. This leads Billy to the wild conclusion that the only possible source of this independent copy is Dwayne Richard. The hateful man out to ruin him. It is a fucking leap and a half and a weak-ass argument. He goes on and on about various things and endless witness documents about how wonderful he is but this is what he presents as his primary evidence of tape tampering.

Quick Update: initially I didn't address line item 4 because I couldn't find whatever testimony from Erway is being mentioned. I think he must be referring to the statement on Page 29 from Richard Vavrence which mentions his discussion with Erway saying he can't confirm the tape source. Which isn't a testimony by Erway it is a second hand discussion, but regardless. It'll be trivial for TG to line up the gameplay from King of Kong if it does match since you have the score as a constant reference.

Ip6Jh7Y.png

Last edited: