• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I felt it was important to highlight this because the others are pretty predictable.

The AA hype is real folks.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
The game looks so amazingly weird and video gamey.

I cant wait to play it

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
I've been anticipating this game for a couple years now, it looks like its shaping up nicely going off of recent gameplay.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Hypecheck:

ImpishTartFly-max-1mb.gif

546664.gif

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The combat looks interesting and the overall vibe of the game is pretty wacky, definitely something I'm looking forward to.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'm absolutely interested in this game and will most likely buy it. I hope it comes out at a good time with little competition so it can shine .

OP
OP
Derrick01

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly surprised it got so much attention. I mean I'm glad it did but I had the feeling it was flying under the radar a bit.

The date right now for it is summer 2019 so if they can nail a good release date away from anything too major this could be a surprise hit next year. Hopefully the same way kingdom come was this year.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's the furrys! Lol

It does look like it has great potential though. And hearing the narrator can be toned down is great too. I'm hoping it ends up being good.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
It's a cool and unique IP with just the right amount of jank. I'll definitely be following this game.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This makes me so happy. Hurray for innovative, smaller budget games!

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As others have said, it feels like a game that stepped out of the ps2/xbox generation (plus a fresh coat of paint and some modern design sensibilities), which is cool.

DyByHands

Jul 16, 2018
I was hooked after seeing the character (or maybe I should say creature, lol) editor. I want to make a charcater that looks like an evil chihuahua. I am in.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
On Game Scoop they said the most popular gamescom game on IGN was Grandia. Daemon lied to me :(
They were probably only talking about the most popular single news story.

But, while I hate the name, I've been super intrigued by Biomutant since its announcement. Happy to see the game is generating some buzz.

Maffis

Oct 29, 2017
That's impressive. I am anticipating this game too. It seems to offers something extremely creative and unique.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Well deserved imo. Its just a refreshing game to see between all this "super immersive cinematic" experiences the last couple of years.

Finally a game that wants to be a game.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AA is something like I Am Setsuna:

i-am-setsuna-ps-vita-west.jpg

And AA games are priced less than full price games as well. BioMutant on the other hand:

bT0spPg.png

Pricing has nothing to do with development budgets or costs. Back in the 6th gen games that weren't graphical powerhouses still retailed for the same price as, say, Final Fantasy.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Pricing has nothing to do with development budgets or costs. Back in the 6th gen games that weren't graphical powerhouses still retailed for the same price as, say, Final Fantasy.
Folks were paying the same 69 bucks for the SNES version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles tournament fighter that they were paying for the Genesis version

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And you ignored the first part of my post. I made the comparison with a title like I Am Setsuna which is a true AA budgeted game. Biomutant on the other hand is a full on action RPG with massive amounts of customization & crafting in an open world with all its models developed in HD assets. You don't develop a game at that scale on a AA budget.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
AAK making sure nobody celebrates this relatively unknown game showing out at Gamescom.

I don't feel as though the definition of AAA vs AA matters.

Syphon

Oct 25, 2017
I have been interested in this game for a while now. I am really surprised to see that it has been getting a lot of attention. Can't wait to finally play it next year.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
It's so weird, I wanted to play it there, but the queues were always so looong. I didn't expect that. Last year it was the same.