• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

BioShock 1, 2, and Infinite Remastered look to be set for individual releases, as per PEGI ratings. Currently they're only playable by purchasing BioShock: The Collection.
I would imagine these are the games included in the Collection and not some kind of new remastered games.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i m playing the collection now.

Bioshock 1 is stilll a masterpieace
Bioshock 2 is amazing and more of the same with nice addition to combat
Bioshock infinite :

What the fuck? this doesn't feel like much of bioshock. gunplay is ofcourse better but everything else is worse than the others. there is absolutely no atmosphere like the last 2. i dont understand even how this one got higher rating than 2? this is a poors man far cry 5(i played far cry 5 before this haha)

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally able to play the only good one, Bioshock 2, without needing to sully my hands with the others

Deleted member 47318

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Good, now console only folk will also be able to pick up just the good trilogy (1, 2 + Minerva's Den), while not having to waste any money on Infinite.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i m playing the collection now.

Bioshock 1 is stilll a masterpieace
Bioshock 2 is amazing and more of the same with nice addition to combat
Bioshock infinite :

What the fuck? this doesn't feel like much of bioshock. gunplay is ofcourse better but everything else is worse than the others. there is absolutely no atmosphere like the last 2. i dont understand even how this one got higher rating than 2? this is a poors man far cry 5(i played far cry 5 before this haha)
If the game actually represented racism well and wasn't so pretentious it'd be a really great fantastical period piece

but nop

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
I played the collection very recently, I enjoyed Bioshock but really didn't want to spend any more time in such a depressing environment so I went straight to Infinite and loved it despite losing a few things from the first game.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Some of y'all need to learn how to express your opinions without trying to be "correct", or fluffing your chest feathers to try and express a "superior" opinion on a purely subjective topic (or at least be less aggressive about it). All the BioShock games are well received and have their fans and detractors, since all three games are relatively different and have different strengths and weaknesses. Happy it seems people on current consoles will be able to pick the one's they want individually though, to match their taste, forge their own opinions, or pick up whichever ones they didn't own and didn't want to buy them all again.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played the collection very recently, I enjoyed Bioshock but really didn't want to spend anymore time in such a depressing environment so I went straight to Infinite and loved it despite losing a few things from the first game.
If it's any consolation, and if you dont mind spoilers for a game you might not play:
Bioshock 2's canon end has Delta sacrificing his life to save both his "adopted" daughter and all the little sisters left by sending them out in an escape tube. It's a really sweet story imo and predates the whole "father/daughter" dynamic craze

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of y'all need to learn how to express your opinions without trying to be "correct", or fluffing your chest feathers to try and express a "superior" opinion on a purely subjective topic (or at least be less aggressive about it). All the BioShock games are well received and have their fans and detractors, since all three games are relatively different and have different strengths and weaknesses. Happy it seems people on current consoles will be able to pick the one's they want individually.
Oh, yeah, jokes aside they're all fine games.

Except for Infinite's handling of racism and slavery. That was Yikes.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If the game actually represented racism well and wasn't so pretentious it'd be a really great fantastical period piece

but nop
totally agree . i feel people who like bioshock infinite dont like bioshock series . its so different it caters to different audience compared to the amazing dark grim atmosphere of first 2.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
I'd gladly player proper Bioshock 1-2 PC remasters that have no FoV, framerate, physics framerate, mouse sensitivity and other issues that, IIRC, kept partially existing in all versions. :/

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017

but nop
Yeah, I agree. Game just ends up being a poorly written dimension / time period fuckery story. Daisy Fitzroy isn't even a good character. World building fades into the background so that our gruff dudebro and Disney princess can get the spotlight, when BioShock 1 & 2 were more overt with telling other stories via the environment. Plus, the way this game ties into the lore of the original BioShock is just laughably unnecessary. I don't think I'll ever come around on Infinite.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
...how do you 'show racism well'? The entire columbia is nationalistic and racist....i don't think there's any way to show it 'well'.
They start off showing racists being awful and immediately take a centrist "both sides" esque depiction by making Daisy the leader of a hyper violent revolution

FutureLarking

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wish we could get the multiplayer from 2 included - it was legitimately great gameplay only hampered by a framerate that quite often dropped below 30. 60 FPS with minimal input lag and it would be beautiful.

Deleted member 47318

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 1, 2018
...how do you 'show racism well'? The entire columbia is nationalistic and racist....i don't think there's any way to show it 'well'.
By not sanitizing it to the extent they did, for starters. Racism is a subject that deserves to be depicted fully truthfully, with all the comfortable horrors that came with.

Infinite shows you a comfortable modern day white man's "interpretation" of racism instead.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
They start off showing racists being awful and immediately take a centrist "both sides" esque depiction by making Daisy the leader of a hyper violent revolution
i'll argue the vox populi are just a representation of moral extremism and the conflict is basically an analogy of the french revolution.......

also, just like the 1st bioshock is just a FPS with some objectivism & freewill subtext (and not really a scholarly presentation), infinite is just a FPS with some nationalism and extremism subtext (and not really a scholarly presentation). The time travel plot is a unfortunate though as it basically opens itself for scrutiny and it's something i could've done without it.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Not made Daisy and other other black revolutionaries out to be "just as bad" when they violently revolt
I've been going through the series and finished the main campaign of infinite yesterday and that was pretty bad lol. Shame because I liked lots of other aspects of the game.

I think I'll do a LTTP thread with all my thoughts of the series after I play Infinite's DLC.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
By not sanitizing it to the extent they did, for starters. Racism is a subject that deserves to be depicted fully truthfully, with all the comfortable horrors that came with.

Infinite shows you a comfortable modern day white man's "interpretation" of racism instead.

i'll argue that the depth of racism shown in Infinite is no more than the depth of objectivism depicted in bioshock 1. It's a game using these ideas briefly as a subtext. It's not going to enlighten anyone about the subject.

I'm not the biggest fan of infinite (mostly for the pacing) but i think many harped too much on the themes of Infinite. It's depth of the subject matter is no better or worse than BS1's objectivism or BS2's Utopianism...in fact, BS2's implementation of its main theme is weaker of the trilogy because i am still having a hard time understanding sofia lamb's motivation after completed the game twice.