• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
dUkJqao.png

Really gotta get a party of friends and some resources boosters to figure this one out!

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
All right then. Another game not to buy until 2 years past release once all the content is avaialble in a single discounted edition with none of the "come back to the game and boost our engagement numbers for extra content" bullshit.

Oct 24, 2019
the plague continues to spread.. Rocksteady, Bioware, Bethesda, Rockstar, now this.

Soon all the old, highly-esteemed studios will be bowed and broken by the live service disease. All shells of their former selves.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely going to have some fanatical fans but not in the way they hoped.

Oct 27, 2017
I always wondered, was that puzzle originally more complicated and testers couldn't get past it? Why include a puzzle so insultingly simple.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Just what we need. Another live service game that nobody asked for, in a series that isn't remotely suited to it.

What's next... Alan Wake 2 is an MMO?

the plague continues to spread.. Rocksteady, Bioware, Bethesda, Rockstar, now this.

Soon all the old, highly-esteemed studios will be bowed and broken by the live service disease. All shells of their former selves.

Rockstar's single player campaigns are still well made, but I feel like it's only a matter of time before their games become pseudo offline MMOs with questionable game design.

Mar 25, 2019
I personally detest most live service games, but I'm always open for one to change my mind. A bit bummed they are taking this direction with Bioshock, but without Levine there was already no guarantee the narrative would be any good to begin with. Not like they are scrapping some grand Levine story for this style. Only problem is the worst part of Bioshock (infinitie at least) has been the combat outside of the fun of getting new plasmids to play with. Never got into that pre-Burial at Sea dlc because it was all combat focused, and cant see myself sticking with a Bioshock game purely for gameplay

Oct 24, 2019
Rockstar's single player campaigns are still well made, but I feel like it's only a matter of time before their games become pseudo offline MMOs with questionable game design.

True, but they've already sacrificed a focus on single player content for MP. We used to get some of the best expansions in the industry with Ballad of Gay Tony, Undead Nightmare, etc. Now they don't make singleplayer DLC period, just more buffalo bucks and shark cards and whatever

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine seeing how every one of these games launches fucked up and then seeing Anthem do it, then see Borderlands 3 not, then going yeah I want one of those

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
cool, as long as it's good. i didn't care for the original bioshock 1 and 2, rapture is such a grimy and boring setting. but i can see interesting routes within that model for something similar. i'd have to wait and see how it turns out

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My first reaction upon seeing that title was "of course".

I think I've finally reached the last stage, acceptance.

Success

Oct 27, 2017
I am very much looking forward to what they do with this.

For everyone bemoaning the live as service aspect I strongly recommend that they check out Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I only ever finish AC1 and played half way through AC 2 and I was never interested in AC:O until the Uplay+ trial.

But playing AC:O opened my eyes as to just how great live as service/gaas games can be.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
I would legit be pissed if they turned Bioshock into a GAAS.

I want my immersive, story-driven, single player, ludonarratively dissonant, video game.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
They should call it Bioshock Infinite.

GaaS doesn't inherently turn a game into something else, or shit.
Granted some games are better suited for it than others...

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
Why is everyone being so pissy about this? It states several times that this is post game content. This has nothing to do with the main campaign, it literally doesn't effect your enjoyment of the game at all of you don't play it.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
It is acceptable if the live service is done in a manner like AC Origins and Odyssey.

Are those live service games or just GaaS?

Because, at least to me, "Live Service" means always-online (required), shared-world (usually), with daily incentives to keep logging on along with regular events.