• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017

"What We Need:

Our formula for success is Fantastic World + Incredible Story = Fanatical Fans.

In the game we're making, the story itself will come to a conclusion. The world, by contrast, is something we are designing to be alive and engaging past the main narrative arc. To leverage this, we want to build a post-narrative set of systems, quests and player progression that gives our fanatic fangirls and fanboys more content to experience on an ongoing, live-services basis. We need a senior game designer with strong ideas and communication skills who can own the endgame design for this title. What cool tasks are our players digging into as they keep playing?What short, medium and long-term goals are they focused on? What kind of player skill progression and loot are keeping people attached to gameplay? We need someone to start answering these questions.

What You Will Do:

You care about being a member of a harmonious, yet critically minded and quality-driven team of game design experts. You're excited by new ideas, experimentation and in unlocking the creativity of the team. You will work with the Design Director and Lead Designer to define the parameters of the endgame scenario and communicate/direct members of our hands-on design team as they build endgame systems and content.

Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:

You have a passion for player-driven systems and simulation but also love a killer narrative and action spectacle. You love noodling on gameplay loops, from combat to player progression systems to AI behavior. You're inspired by games that value emergent experiences and that empower the player to experiment and innovate in a sandbox world.

You have shipped at least one triple-A title with end-game style content as a senior or principal designer. You have a sophisticated understanding of current trends in first-person action game design, the ability to articulate a vision for the evolution of same, and, know what it takes to execute an idea from concept to ship. Experience in live services content is a huge plus, here."

Will be curious to see how they can add endgame grinding to Bioshock. The gameplay has already seemed way too thin for that. This game and studio only started development like two years ago so don't expect to see it (beyond like a CG trailer or logo) before 2021 at least.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Always a man, always a lighthouse, always recurring spending

Oct 28, 2017
Live-service... BioShock.

I don't think a single person on this planet other than 2K executives and investors asked for that.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Would you kindly stop making every damn game a live service.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...why can we have a twelve hour Immersion Sim/horror title with no live service :(

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
I'm not as pessimistic as everyone else seems to be. Obviously this could go badly, but I like the idea of, say, a version of Rapture that you can continue to explore and have new adventures in after the story ends.

My dream is an "open world" Rapture set during its heyday and covering the fall.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not as pessimistic as everyone else seems to be. Obviously this could go badly, but I like the idea of, say, a version of Rapture that you can continue to explore and have new adventures in after the story ends.

My dream is an "open world" Rapture set during its heyday and covering the fall.
Same here. I'm going to be cautiously optimistic. I think it could actually work