• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KoopaSwitch

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
24eN2pP.jpg

9DsKkID.jpg

OMvubO2.jpg

Download & MicroSD required for every game.
The XBOX ONE version of Bioshock Collection came on 2 Blu-ray's but you question why download is required for a Switch Cart?

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I hope they release the games in the collections separately too.
I've already played Borderlands 1 and 2, so I'm just interested in the pre-secuel.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm gonna wait for the performance for XCom 2. If it's good, maybe I'll double dip - if it's compatible with PC savegames, it would be even better!

I've also never played Bioshock, so maybe it's finally time for that. We'll see on how the price is and if at least the first one is on the cartridge completely.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Heck yeah Xcom 2.

Shame it's so far out, but I can play other things in the future.

KoopaSwitch

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Cool they're all on Switch, gross that 2K is still refusing to put games on cards properly.

How would that work? Please explain how to fit 3 massive games on a single cart.

It's 2020. Digital is the future, carts/discs are already "beta" when they release and require patches and updates anyway. You rarely get the "full Game" on a cart.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Weird to put them on the same day. I could have used a game in April but I'm guessing some of these games were delayed due to the virus situation.

Havok

Oct 27, 2017
Northern VA
Absolutely do not buy Xcom 2 on Switch without previewing how it runs or something. That game is a technical shitshow on much more powerful consoles and they never bothered to fix it.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Yep! Digital individual SKUS and bundled at retail. Eg. Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, Bayonetta...

Oh! And it looks like this will be the case. Check out this search from the eshop... listing 2 SKUS. Handsome collection (2 + pre sequel) and BL1 GOTY. Prices not yet listed, this this likely confirms that they won't be DLC on one sku. I'd imagine it means you get a code for BL1 in the box? Perhaps Pre-Sequel is DLC for 2?

www.nintendo.com

Search Nintendo.com

Search Nintendo.com for games, products news and information.

Taka could we threadmark this?

EDIT: Bioshock follows suit with 3 SKUS for 1, 2 and Infinite.

www.nintendo.com

Search Nintendo.com

Search Nintendo.com for games, products news and information.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Lmaooo

" "The physical game contains an 16GB cartridge including the opening acts of BioShock Remastered, BioShock 2 Remastered, and BioShock Infinite: The Complete Edition. Later game contents and add-ons will need to be downloaded." "

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Nice selection of games that will be nice to have on the switch.
I just hope they have local wireless multiplayer too in addition to online.
There have been some weird omission on that part like Wolfenstein Younglbood that only supports online MP and not local.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Lmaooo

" "The physical game contains an 16GB cartridge including the opening acts of BioShock Remastered, BioShock 2 Remastered, and BioShock Infinite: The Complete Edition. Later game contents and add-ons will need to be downloaded." "

I-..... WHAT? Sorry, let me just reread th- WHAT?

EDIT: I guess at least they can say "all the games are on cartridge" lmfao... where is this from?

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Will have to see how well these port jobs are first.

Virtuos has been hit or miss, but have often addressed problems via patches. This is the first time I've heard of Turn Me Up games, so the quality remains to be seen.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
So now we'll have Mutant Year Zero, Divinity Original Sin 2 and XCOM 2 on the Switch. Holy smokes. That's incredible.

Absolutely do not buy Xcom 2 on Switch without previewing how it runs or something. That game is a technical shitshow on much more powerful consoles and they never bothered to fix it.

XCOM 2 on PS4 is probably the buggiest, worst performing, crashiest game I've ever played. It's almost unbelievable that'd they sell it in the state it's in.

It'll be interesting to see how the game runs on the Switch, specially if the port is not handled by Blind Squirrel.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Also interestingly, all of the Borderlands SKUs show as full retail box arts on the eshop, whereas bioshock appear as smaller download only icons, with the bundle as a retail SKU. Hmm.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
And worst of all...

The XCOM 2 Collection physical game contains an 8GB cartridge that features two base game missions. A download is required for the rest of the Total download size will not exceed 24GB.

So basically, physical demos with one-time use DLC codes to unlock the full game? Or perhaps just DLC.

mieumieu

Oct 25, 2017
The Farplane
I understand and wasn't expecting that. I was hoping they'd do what other games like RE have done, eg. put one full game on the cartridge and provide a download code for the others.

Oh you meant by that, yeah that's shitty. The XCOM 2 situation is even shittier but I assume it has to do with how XCOM 2 missions are played out randomly.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Oh, Borderlands is going to scratch the loot shooter itch so hard. My only concern is download size as I'm all digital, but I love that they're offering the games separately -- might just start from the first game and go from there.

So I dropped off the Bioshock train early on, despite being interested in it conceptually. Didn't people not like one of the games, or did I make that up? Anyone got a basic postmortem on the series?

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Oh you meant by that, yeah that's shitty. The XCOM 2 situation is even shittier but I assume it has to do with how XCOM 2 missions are played out randomly.

Yeah and in Borderlands case, a 16gb card (which they're using for Bioshock) could have contained the full first game. Odd choice there, I wonder if there's a price difference between the two? EDIT: nope, below

Aug 12, 2019
How would that work? Please explain how to fit 3 massive games on a single cart.

It's 2020. Digital is the future, carts/discs are already "beta" when they release and require patches and updates anyway. You rarely get the "full Game" on a cart.

We have 32 GB cards that exist and developers can actually invest in at this point. Bioshock games aren't massive, nor are the Borderlands games by any stretch of the imagination even with DLC, especially when they'll have less intensive textures and files in general due to being ported to a weaker system. It's just 2K being scummy as usual when it comes to their Switch releases.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017

I see we are still lying eh?