• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
How would that work? Please explain how to fit 3 massive games on a single cart.

It's 2020. Digital is the future, carts/discs are already "beta" when they release and require patches and updates anyway. You rarely get the "full Game" on a cart.

It's 2020. Physical media is dying at a massive pace, especially with GameStop likely shutting their doors this years. They have no need to use bigger, more expensive carts when the majority of people don't care.

Oh, bullshit. There's a lot of people worldwide that still cares about having physical media with games, even in 2020 in which most of the world doesn't have perfect internet with data caps or people who live in rural areas.

They can easily use a 32 GB card like Square-Enix did with Dragon Quest Builders 1 + 2, what CD Projekt Red Studio had with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition & what Bandai Namco did with Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition.

There should be absolutely no excuse as to why they can't do so from three very old games. They just don't want to because of greed.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
why?

screenshot2020-03-27allj5y.png

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, bullshit. There's a lot of people worldwide that still cares about having physical media with games, even in 2020 in which most of the world doesn't have perfect internet with data caps or people who live in rural areas.

They can easily use a 32 GB card like Square-Enix did with Dragon Quest Builders 1 + 2, what CD Projekt Red Studio had with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition & what Bandai Namco did with Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition.

There should be absolutely no excuse as to why they can't do so from three very old games. They just don't want to because of greed.
Even if I'm all digital with games I completely agree with you. There may not be a quality difference like there are with Blu-Ray and UHD and streaming but it's still great to have a physical object you can do what you want with

KoopaSwitch

Banned
Jan 17, 2018

Well, wrong. Digital is growing and physical is declining. Stores that sell physical are declining. Stores that sell physical are reducing shelf space. A major Game store (GameStop) likely won't even exist by the end to the year which sells physical (and used copies).

Why would any studio pay additional fees to go from an 8GB to a 32GB cart (x300k physical copies made?), when they could just do download and be done with it? You are using 3 case studies, one of which never even came to the US.

"Greed" = profit. Profit for studios which are porting games to make as much money as possible to still stay relevant and not have to raise the standard price of games to $69.99 or more (because $59.99 has been the normal since the Xbox 360 launch).

I guess I want game studios to make money so they stay in business. Crazy, I guess, since those are also jobs that would be lost if the studio closes.

I;'ll gladly pay $50 for Bioshock. No question

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I found it amusing the direct said two beloved 2K franchises were coming to the Switch. I wonder which one is the least liked in that roster :p

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
Not to be a buzzkill, but 2k sucks when it comes to their Switch game card sizes. Expect a huge additional download. I wish more devs followed CDPR's example.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Well, wrong. Digital is growing and physical is declining. Stores that sell physical are declining. Stores that sell physical are reducing shelf space. A major Game store (GameStop) likely won't even exist by the end to the year which sells physical (and used copies).

Why would any studio pay additional fees to go from an 8GB to a 32GB cart (x300k physical copies made?), when they could just do download and be done with it? You are using 3 case studies, one of which never even came to the US.

"Greed" = profit. Profit for studios which are porting games to make as much money as possible to still stay relevant and not have to raise the standard price of games to $69.99 or more (because $59.99 has been the normal since the Xbox 360 launch).

I guess I want game studios to make money so they stay in business. Crazy, I guess, since those are also jobs that would be lost if the studio closes.

I;'ll gladly pay $50 for Bioshock. No question

Just because one is declining doesn't mean "no one cares" about it; there's a vast gulf between the two. And frankly I have to look a little askance at anyone who has seen the digital rights shenanigans studios have pulled over the last few years and doesn't want at least a little bit of insurance for their purchases.

If they want to charge me $10 extra for a hard copy (which is far, far more than the cost difference to them), I'll pay it. I want the option and there are still plenty who do, "declining" or not.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
I'll never understand people who have the ability to play a game they want and the ability to download it should it be necessary and just refuse to do so. Shit is just beyond dumb to me.

Most of my collection is physical

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017

Don't bother. He always shits the thread like this.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
These are not the 360 versions of these games. Stop using them as comparison unless you want a subpar port just to fit everything in a cart
The best version of BioShock is 5.6GB, BioShock 2 is 13.3GB, and Infinite is 41.4GB. They could have at least fit the first two on a card.
That said, the remasters of BioShock 1 and 2 look worse, but they managed to inflate the size to 20GB each.

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
Excellent news. Here's hoping for gyro 🤞

Edit, from the website: "Get 3 times the mayhem, 3 times the loot, and 3 times the action with the Borderlands Legendary Collection! Employ all-new, optional motion controls as you kill bandits and beasts, collect powerful weaponry, and maybe even save the universe."

Last edited:

Psyborg

Aug 6, 2018
Edit, from the website: "Get 3 times the mayhem, 3 times the loot, and 3 times the action with the Borderlands Legendary Collection! Employ all-new, optional motion controls as you kill bandits and beasts, collect powerful weaponry, and maybe even save the universe."

Cool, thanks for bringing that to my attention. I'm a little surprised it wasn't mentioned in the trailer.

Oct 27, 2017
Lmaooo

" "The physical game contains an 16GB cartridge including the opening acts of BioShock Remastered, BioShock 2 Remastered, and BioShock Infinite: The Complete Edition. Later game contents and add-ons will need to be downloaded." "
And worst of all...

So basically, physical demos with one-time use DLC codes to unlock the full game? Or perhaps just DLC.

So, okay. BL is like the Capcom Resident Evil packs, with one game on cart (I'm guessing Vanilla BL1) and the rest is an one time DLC.

But with the other two, is it going to be more like Doom or Spyro, where there is a download required, but isn't one time only (al Final Fantasy X/X2 Western versions?)

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
So, okay. BL is like the Capcom Resident Evil packs, with one game on cart (I'm guessing Vanilla BL1) and the rest is an one time DLC.

But with the other two, is it going to be more like Doom or Spyro, where there is a download required, but isn't one time only (al Final Fantasy X/X2 Western versions?)
Not at all.

At least Capcom includes a full game on the cart. 2K doesnt.

Joedev

Apr 24, 2018
I don't expect it, but it would be really cool if Xcom had the Steam save sharing that Witcher 3 has. It's really nice being able to switch between the two platforms.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Wish all the BLs were on a cart... or a game per cart at the least.
Need to invest in a 1TB mSD card for switch, 400GB is hard to manage for me now ha.

I don't expect it, but it would be really cool if Xcom had the Steam save sharing that Witcher 3 has. It's really nice being able to switch between the two platforms.

Yes! I'd love that for the BL games, though with 2 not having fight for lilith wonder how that would go.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure, 2Ks own Civilizations VI on Switch the first game that offered cross-saves between Steam and Switch - long before TW3.
So its not THAT unlikely.