• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
blog.bioware.com

Happy N7 Day!

It’s tough keeping a big secret (and we really struggled to keep this one a surprise) but now it’s official: today we announced the Mass Effect Legendary Edition! We’ve heard (for years!) you…

EmO5CLbXMAIxcL_

For many months now, our team at BioWare has been hard at work updating the textures, shaders, models, effects, and technical features of three enormous games. Our goal was not to remake or reimagine the original games, but to modernize the experience so that fans and new players can experience the original work in its best possible form. It's been amazing to see the adventures of Commander Shepard take on new life in super-sharp resolution, faster framerates, and beautiful visual enhancements. As game developers, we always hope that our games will transcend their original platforms. Having the opportunity to remaster the trilogy means that the fruits of a decade of our work will live on, and will be experienced better and clearer than ever before.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition will include single-player base content and DLC from Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3, plus promo weapons, armors, and packs – all remastered and optimized for 4k Ultra HD. It will be available in Spring 2021 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, with forward compatibility and targeted enhancements on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. More information to come in the new year!

Meanwhile here at BioWare, a veteran team has been hard at work envisioning the next chapter of the Mass Effect universe. We are in early stages on the project and can't say any more just yet, but we're looking forward to sharing our vision for where we'll be going next.

For me personally, Mass Effect represents years of work and countless special memories, so every year I feel incredibly fortunate to celebrate N7 Day with players around the world. Thank you so much for supporting us over the years. I can't wait to continue our adventure together – revisiting our favorite memories in the Mass Effect universe, and creating brand new ones!

Casey

teaser for the new ME title

EmO402CXUAgdrN3

Last edited:
OP
OP

Raigor

May 14, 2020
  1. Dragon Age 4
  2. Anthem NEXT
  3. Mass Effect 5
EA giving another shot to BioWare after Andromeda and Anthem.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I say again

You will never get me to play another mass effect game until the ending to 3 is fixed.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
if it's on the dragon age schedule i guess we'll have it in 10 years

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Y E S
The absolute best news here is the new game from the veteran team, as a massive ME fan this means EVERYTHING

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
This is like the best news and outcome.

A remaster trilogy with improvements AND all single player DLC and to top it off , news of a brand new game in the series.

Oct 27, 2017
They doing it again. Stop announcing shit far out, y'all ain't even got anything for DA4 yet and you talking about a new ME. And your veterans gave us the star child last time😒

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
PLS NO ANDROMEDA
PLS NO ANDROMEDA
PLS NO ANDROMEDA
PLS NO ANDROMEDA
PLS NO ANDROMEDA

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Awesome, hope they can pull it off. They need to continue on after the original trilogy. None of this tip toeing around the ending nonsense like Andromeda.

Still wish they went all out and remade the original trilogy instead of just a remaster, but better than nothing I guess. Lets new people experience it.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty much what I expected to hear.

Shame that no gameplay improvements seem to be confirmed in this article.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Curious that they don't mention any changes to ME1, since that was supposedly the reason for it being delayed.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Very happy they are working on a new entry and didn't let the franchise die over Andromeda

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
After 3 and Andromeda, I'm not getting hyped for a new Mass Effect. They have to prove a lot to claw back even a shred of respect after those two abortions.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
I hope the new Mass Effect leaves out the reapers. Keep the conflicts between the different aliens and stuff, that was the best part.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they actually have some footage of the remaster, so we can judge whether or not it's actually good.

I wonder if they're going to do any retconning of the ME3 endings to make the new ME game not take place in Andromeda, or if they're just going to reboot the series (hopefully without the Reapers).

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally, I can experience these games. Never so much as touched a Mass Effect before.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
How did a new one get the go ahead after the last one was a complete disaster reception wise?

Hopefully this one turns out decent.