• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
Mod Edit: More at the link:

There is of course a lot of work ahead to get things ready for Anthem's Feb 22 launch date. And, since what you get with Anthem isn't just the launch game but the ongoing story, features and content that will follow in live service, there are teams already working on entire seasons of post-launch content. It's scary and exciting to work on something on this scale and complexity, but we're doing everything we can to make sure it's an amazing experience for you.

As busy as we are with Anthem, there's a lot more going on at BioWare. A couple of weeks ago it was once again N7 Day. It's one of my favorite times of the year – a day when people around the world share their experiences with Mass Effect. It's so inspiring to know that there are so many fans of the series out there that are enjoying the games we've made, and hoping that we'll make more. We announced one of the things we've done recently (a 4k enhancement to Mass Effect: Andromeda on Xbox One) but as we alluded to in our N7 Day video, that was just a small part of the plans we're making for Mass Effect going forward.

This could be anything, but considering they mentioned legacy as a key word - Origins remaster?

If you've been following these blogs, or myself and Mark Darrah on Twitter, you know we're also working on some secret Dragon Age stuff. Dragon Age is an incredibly important franchise in our studio, and we're excited to continue its legacy. Look for more on this in the coming month (though I won't tell you where to look…)

http://blog.bioware.com/2018/11/29/november-update/

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping for a new game, but that's not happening is it?

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So that tweet didn't mean anything bad after all? I guess they could always pull a SE and announce bad news.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Mark Darrah polled if people wanted a Tactical RPG once, and BioWare stated they were interested in making smaller games, so I wonder if they went ahead and did that.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
Probably either merchandise or books related.

My guess was going to be a new book, which is as good as a new game confirmation. Probably something to set up the plot of DA4.

Mark Darrah polled if people wanted a Tactical RPG once, and BioWare stated they were interested in making smaller games, so I wonder if they went ahead and did that.

It probably would have been needed to be outsourced, right? Don't know where the Bioware staff to make one would have been considering their studio workload.

Sal

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Please be like the first one.
giphy.gif

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Do they actually have other games in development? I figured they'd be all hands on deck with Anthem at this point.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm certainly on board for more DA. Haven't they had some ongoing comics series since Inquisition with the latest of them wrapping up sometime next month.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't fuck this up.

Dragon Age 4, full standard RPG, similar to Inquisition except less MMO quests, finish the Dread Wolf storyline (maybe explain the Black City too?), and no MTX in the singleplayer.

Anything less is bullshit.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
I have the feeling that this may be an outsourced immortal mobile game, considering the fact that the crew in charge of Dragon Age is still very small according to that other update I saw a week or two ago.
Hoping for more though.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It would hurt my heart if the first thing we get is just the DA version of that garbage C and C mobile title.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
The best i can expect is a Dragon Age spin off made by a team not related to the Bioware team that amde the original Dragon Age.

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
Yep, Bioware would totally look at Blizzard and say, yes, a mobile game, when in fact they have a DA mobile game already. Especially makes sense since EA is working with EX-Westwood for proper C&C games... unless they are retarded and hold my beer, but I doubt it

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
A port of 1 and 2 to modern systems could be neat. Or yeah, a tactical thing, why not.

I wouldn't be interested in a mobile game but its existence wouldn't bother me, as long as they manage expectations accordingly before announcing it.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Don't fuck this up.

Dragon Age 4, full standard RPG, similar to Inquisition except less MMO quests, finish the Dread Wolf storyline (maybe explain the Black City too?), and no MTX in the singleplayer.

Anything less is bullshit.
I mean, they sent that back to the drawing board in January. It's really unlikely they have anything to show on Dragon Age 4.

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt we'll see or hear about any full AAA titles from BioWare until after Anthem ships. Not expecting much here.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
This won't be DA4. This is going to be something else. Whether that's a game - a smaller game or a remaster - is a different story.
I wouldn'tr be sure it's not - a dev dropped a hint on the BSN forum (who worked on DAI, and has said they are working on "secret unanounced project" which they've hinted is DA4 and they've asked for feedback on what people would want from a melee mage class.... ) that they may announce DA4 before Anthem is out - link is here http://bsn.boards.net/post/1158348.
He often uses the wee ninja emoji to hint stuff.