• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
The second tweet is promising. Even though bioware had that dogshit blog response, maybe they are actually taking it more seriously behind the scenes.

So while dismissing the importance of investigative journalism in that post, in reality they have no choice but to reckon with the power of that report.

Great work Jason.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
It's almost like publicising disastrous work conditions and the subsequent pressure from your market causes you to reassess your production pipeline and company direction.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
It's sad that these things have to be made public first before things change.

Hope they actually introduce changes that improve their work conditions.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
It's stupid how it took them an article exposing them to pull their head out of their ass, and start fixing the shit that has been happening for years now.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im am going to be optimistic about this.. glad this entire ordeal could potentially lead to positive outcomes. Jason's article basically real journalism that needed to be done and hopefully is part of a studio-intervention of sorts.
I love you Bioware, I know you can fix this situation and pull through, same for all involved.

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
Making internal issues public has forced Bioware to do this, good job Jason.
Won't be surprised if nothing comes out of it though.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
Actions over words please. Very easy to promise the world. Especially if you know that whatever you say will be reported directly to the same media that did the original story.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
This will likely take years before showing any results, if at all. Still, if it happened here maybe other big studios will try to prevent it from happening again.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
Bioware putting out a response to jason's article before the article even came out was the nail in the coffin for them as far as im concerned.

The management would need a total shift.

Oct 25, 2017
Bioware putting out a response to jason's article before the article even came out was the nail in the coffin for them as far as im concerned.
giphy.gif

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Funny how the games industry actually can be affected by real journalism articles and not the awful subservient mess it usually is.

May 18, 2018
How did they need a report to realize what was happening in their own company? Then, put out a blog post before the report even came out? Not too optimistic about this.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
I know this is only gaming, but it is nice to see that real journalisme can make a change. No PR pieces, BS articles or hidden agenda's and sites who funded by who they are praising. I thank you Jason, be aware that what you did made an impact and can bring change. I hope our favourite franchises will be saved.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like articles like these does make industry a better place, doesn't it Bioware?

Crow Pudding

Nov 12, 2017
I'm more inclined to think that the meeting is to assure internal status of the company remains more hermetically closed, so in the future they can avoid more articles like that. Nothing to change, only less filtrations.

Oct 29, 2017
I'd be very surprised if anything actually came from this.

Nothing will change. It's just too ingrained in their company culture.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
I think they've got enough for one more game in the tank, but if it's a failure then EA will probably start hacking the company up and closing parts down.

Anthem I'd guess has been a bomb for them, but apparently they still made money on Andromeda.
According to AskAGameDev on Twitter, who knows devs who worked on Anthem, it's met it's short term sales targets but but not long term (yet)

Mango Polo

Nov 2, 2017
"Hey everyone, now that our practices got exposed and it makes recruitment a challenge let's take a moment to discuss making some changes but let's be clear the people at the top who wilfully chose to inflict this on all of you are staying right where they are, but don't worry things will change!"

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is why we need more games journalism in games journalism (as opposed to rewritten press releases).

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I'd be very surprised if anything actually came from this.

Nothing will change. It's just too ingrained in their company culture.

That's silly to say. The factors that make EA EA won't go away but Bioware went through significant leadership changes. They could easily change the leadership overnight and it would have an even more negative or positive change than leaving in the current management to figure things out.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I really want to know why people are so skeptical about this. If BioWare wants to survive, it will have to change for the better. It's not just affecting the lives of their employees (like Rockstar or CDPR), it's also affecting the quality of their work. The very thing they need to exist as a company.

If they won't do this for the good of their employees, they will have to for their own good, or else they're fucked.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
All eyes are on them now so management better shape up because it looks like Jason will be following this very closely from here on out.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Frostbite doesn't work for single player games.

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
For people who play anthem. Is the eng game just repeatedly playing the same 3 strongholds with huge modifiers? Are they just equivalent of destiny's strikes?