• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
A player posted a long open letter of his problems with the Anthem and BioWareon reddit

BioWare rep responds point by point here
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheG..._bioware_whats_going_on/eih2azb/?context=1000

Excerpt:

Turning a good game bad –
All I'll say on this is that Anthem is here to stay. Do we have a lot of work to do to fix parts of the game? Yes, and the team is committed to making improvements and releasing new content.

Conclusion –
Again, I want to thank this community for everything. The team is listening to all of your feedback for Anthem on how you'd like to see the game improve, or how you'd like to see us engage with the community differently. I know that players want to see updates faster, but these things can take time to make sure they are done right. We're very appreciative of this community and look forward to the days, weeks, months and years ahead. Strong Alone, Stronger Together.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
The problem is that there's too much to fix, too much to add, and too much to change. Sure, it might be here to stay, but when will it (if at all) be good?

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Remember Telltale bosses shutting down the company within hours of public knowledge. Remember Activision firing 10% of their workforce, selling Bungie and whatnot out of nowhere.

If there is another shot to the head coming for Bioware, the signs are there but you won't see it coming. EA, if they wants to, will pull the trigger at their own accord within days.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
07-minister.jpg

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
If the sales are bad or players start leaving?

lFOMZis.gif

I'm rooting for Bioware to turn things around, I want to see Dragon Age and Mass Effect make a comeback but not feeling too hopeful lately after Andromeda and now Anthem..

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly I don't think that's really up for them to decide. EA will continue to support this for the next few months. If the player base don't grow and just keep falling I'm not quite sure there'll be anthem anymore.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Now Bioware will be split 2/3, 1/3, two thirds making Dragon Age something, and the other third "roadmapping" Anthem. Question is how many people would rather see those resources spent elsewhere

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Remember Telltale bosses shutting down the company within hours of public knowledge. Remember Activision firing 10% of their workforce, selling Bungie and whatnot out of nowhere.

If there is another shot to the head coming for Bioware, the signs are there but you won't see it coming. EA, if they wants to, will pull the trigger at their own accord within days.
EA isn't closing down Bioware, jesus.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
If it's one thing I've seen over the years, it's that negative, hostile and even toxic communities can turn around if developers actually improve the game.

That means real changes to the live game. Not promises, not forum posts or long messages from some studio head.

Messaging is important, but nothing will quell the anger until real changes are implemented.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure that's the plan for now. Really depends on player retention and Anthem is already #8 on the most played list on Xbox. That doesn't seem great but we'll have to monitor that over the next three months to really know.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
I just want the game to be stable. Since last patch I cannot get into Freeplay most of the time and when I do , it crashes to desktop 5mins in. This was not happening before. I work full time and when I get on my PC at night I do not want to deal with issues. If your game crashes or disconnects me, I am going to kill all the left over tasks it left behind and fire up another game.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Well it's really up to EA, if the player base dwindles, I doubt they will continue to support it.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Hopefully for their sake, Anthem players are here to stay too lol

This is where the core of the problem exist. There are simply too many other GREAT games, even ones within the same genre to just sit on the sideline and wait for bioware to get their shit together. If the playerbase isn't there the decision will not be theirs whether this game lives or dies.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure the servers will stay up for a while, but I doubt many people will play.

I can't believe that EA has still not learned to not let games be published if they are broken and lacking content. It's what, the 4th time in 18 months?

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster

Activision didn't sell bungie, they never owned them or anything.

Sloane Ranger

Oct 27, 2017
New Albany
End of March games are upon us, April has a lot of new titles as well. Announcements for a Remake or new Borderlands. Division 2 looks like it will perform well. I think they missed their window of opportunity to fix the title and gain some traction. It will die a slow PR strewn death.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is a fun game buried under all the crap, so I'm rooting for them. It will take a lot of work but they salvage it if EA doesn't figuratively murder them in their sleep first.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People are still playing it. I get matched on every activity within seconds. on Any of the difficulties.

And this is on PC which probably has the smallest base.

It will be fine. That reddit post though, my god! so entitled. "You guys at Bioware used to come and chat with us all the time and now you dont!" well why is that? Could it have something to do with how toxic reddit was being to these devs? the whole subreddit had a meltdown because bioware fixed the loot cave. i remember destiny players being bummed about getting our loot cave patched out but we got over it pretty fast. these guys are refusing to play the game on higher difficulties.

that whole post reeks of entitlement tbh. their whole excuse for not trying the hardest more rewarding content in the game is that it takes too long. sure the loot drops are low. but come on. thats the case with every game. i played destiny 2 forsaken for 200 hours last year and got like 3 exotic weapons.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
I expected a bit more of a...robust...response?

Either way, I'm looking forward to jschreier 's inevitable breakdown of what happened more than I am the next few patches, so there's that.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure the servers will stay up for a while, but I doubt many people will play.

I can't believe that EA has still not learned to not let games be published if they are broken and lacking content. It's what, the 4th time in 18 months?

Welcome to games as a service, where for a publisher, lacking content at launch isn't a problem, it's the ideal.

Oct 25, 2017

Activision sold a company they didn't own?

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Anthem isn't here to stay if the playerbase evaporates.

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018
Of course it's here to stay, EA is not throwing away their 100+ million dollar investment. Especially when they can milk more money out of their fans with expasions that are supposed to make the game better, instead of including it for the entry price.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
they should just make this F2P a la all the others, and make it freemium or something. pretty sure everyone will be playing it by then and they can earn way more money.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
To be fair to Bioware though, they're fighting for their life here.

They need Anthem to succeed badly.

Dragon Age Origins is in my top 20 games of all time. I badly wanted Anthem to be critically sucessful. They fell well short, I just hope people stick around long enough for them to right the ship because selfishly, I want more Dragon Age content =)

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
There is a fun game buried under all the crap, so I'm rooting for them. It will take a lot of work but they salvage it if EA doesn't figuratively murder them in their sleep first.
I really want them to be successful but looking at feedback from some of the devs I don't have much hope. It's like they had no clue what they were doing when they made it. I don't understand how the E3 demo is a completely different game basically.

Nov 23, 2017
can we stop with this dumb fear mongering when literally every single official comment has indicated nothing of the sorts? What's up with the obsession over failures and closures here?
This.

For me personally, the game is not any more buggy than any other online game on my PS4 Pro...PC, well, that's a different story. I hope PC players can get the fixes they deserve. There really is a good game buried in there.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario

Company: "Please pre-order our games!"
Same company: "Lets keep releasing our games unfinished!"
Also the same company: "I think 5 days is a long enough wait. Put on sale!"

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Of course it's here to stay, EA is not throwing away their 100+ million dollar investment. Especially when they can milk more money out of their fans with expasions that are supposed to make the game better, instead of including it for the entry price.
EA execs have already came out and said Anthem's future content would be free, they cannot possibly backtrack from that

Nov 23, 2017
I really want them to be successful but looking at feedback from some of the devs I don't have much hope. It's like they had no clue what they were doing when they made it. I don't understand how the E3 demo is a completely different game basically.
It looking slightly better then doesn't mean this in the slightest. It's like no one knows what a vertical slice is.