• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FairFight

Oct 27, 2017
Chandler, AZ
07-minister.jpg
Ahh made me laugh. Nicely done. Good old Bob.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Sure, I hope they get the time and resources they need to make this game worth the investment on part of consumers and the company that funded it, but man... how did it turn out this weak.

Perona

Oct 31, 2017
I will be back as soon as they fix the game's issues because the actual gameplay was super fun but it was like the game was fighting to keep me from enjoying it and I finally got sick of it. I'm playing The Division 2 now and the game is Feature Complete and I'm enjoying my time with it but the gameplay just feels so.. bland to me.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
These are multimillion dollar corporations so of course you won't know anything until it happens. I don't get what your point is besides stating the most obvious thing in the world. Why would Bioware ever say anything but that they'll support the game? It's called PR every company does it.
Exactly. It is obvious, so Bioware coming out and saying their prepared statements doesn't really mean they are all ok.

My initial response was on the assumption that people might think Bioware PR is anyway related to their overlord EA's action.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure the servers will stay up for a while, but I doubt many people will play.

I can't believe that EA has still not learned to not let games be published if they are broken and lacking content. It's what, the 4th time in 18 months?

Battlefront 2, and what else? Not defending them; I'm genuinely drawing a blank.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I can't be the only one who read the whole thing and just went....what? Like, I feel like he said absolutely nothing.

Like, yet again "well hey guys don't blame me. I don't have all the info."

Well yes. They weren't asking you. They weren't addressing you in particular, Darokaz. They were complaining to Bioware about things Bioware isn't explaining or addressing. Giving excuses why you can't give answers is meaningless because it just makes Bioware look even more incompetent. Like they aren't communicating within themselves.

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Even if they turn it around, I'm not down with this idea of shipping half-measures and then trying to complete them down the line. GaaS seems too often to be a way to offer half a product for full price. Sometimes they even sell you content the game should have released with.

Jun 17, 2018
Good for them for sticking by their game. The problem is that Division 2 is now out and for those just wanting a shoot and loot, this will likely scratch the itch. From the little I played of both, division 2 is far superior

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Good for them for sticking by their game. The problem is that Division 2 is now out and for those just wanting a shoot and loot, this will likely scratch the itch. From the little I played of both, division 2 is far superior
It's a good iteration on Division 1. It's not doing anything unique, so it stands to reason it would be a capable, is unspectacular game. Personally, I think the mobility, combat and overall setting is far more interesting in Anthem. It just needs all the rest sorted haha.

Jun 17, 2018
It's a good iteration on Division 1. It's not doing anything unique, so it stands to reason it would be a capable, is unspectacular game. Personally, I think the mobility, combat and overall setting is far more interesting in Anthem. It just needs all the rest sorted haha.

I agree and I prefer the setting in Anthem, the game is a mess though which puts me off entirely, I'm not even sure if it's fixable at this point.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I agree and I prefer the setting in Anthem, the game is a mess though which puts me off entirely, I'm not even sure if it's fixable at this point.
Tbh, the loot could be fixed. They just need to go back to fundamentals of loot and make sure its regular and rewarding. Plenty of games have done an OK job at it, some have done great jobs. Bioware should talk to the Diablo 3 team that did loot 2.0 and revamp Anthem.

Content wise, plenty of options they could take. They seem to have stuff in the works, its just not out now, which people want. Personally if they fix loot, then content is not as much of an issue.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
This game is so bizarre. An utterly strange thing for Bioware to make.
And it just didn't work. They should of stuck to their strengths.