• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Disney was part of Battlefront 2 just like with BF1. The knew about all of MTX and supposed problems before release since Lucasfilm is supervising the content of the game as you can see in the credits so don't take the blame out of them. They were part of it and people act like they're not. If the reaction wasn't that big, Disney would completely allow all of this without any problem like they did in first place.
And Disney is still the one who told them to fix the issue. That call isn't coming from within EA.

shnitzel

Dec 3, 2017
giphy.gif

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Erm, what?

They tried it with DA:I and it was a huge flop as nobody wanted to play the mp in that game.

They tried it with Andromeda which also flopped.

Think before you post.

OT Anthem will be riddled with sneaky MT stuff but I do think people are starting to wise up now. Bioware could go the way of Visceral imo, but the more victims that are created by EA/Activision greed, the less companies will want to be consumed by them in the first place. Its a shame because 5 years ago a game like Anthem would have me hyped as fuck. Right now, I yawn inside at the thought of how tiresome the MT side will be.
Nothing in your post contradicts what I said in mine.
Bioware's live services components have given them great ROI.

TCi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I made EA delete my Origin account two weeks ago. I did not play games for it to be a service. Times are changing and I am beginning to have a shorter and shorter list of devs to even care for.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Well, I guess this puts PC Bioware fans and console Bioware fans in the same boat. Neither will get the games they used to love from this developer.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I guess this puts PC Bioware fans and console Bioware fans in the same boat. Neither will get the games they used to love from this developer.

Despite the wild negativity in this thread we don't even know if that's true. Like at all. If you want an exclusively SP RPG with no GAAS elements sure but as an absolute BioWare nut (Mass Effect is my favorite franchise, SWTOR is my favorite MMO, and I even love Jade Empire) I think Anthem could be an absolute MEGAHIT. When I think about all the things I love about Destiny with ACTUAL good storytelling and world building I get giddy. If they can just take what they did with SWTOR and apply that to a Destiny like console game it could be the best selling game of 2018.

It's definitely a tall order though. No one has gotten a Shared World Looter Shooter right off the bat and it's still a genre in its infancy. BioWare also has never shown the ability to put out top tier gunplay mechanics (ME3 was good but not great) so it's doubly tough.

The ingredients are there though.