• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
After the Dragon Age 4 thread went up, I decided to check BioWare's job postings, and noticed the following: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=117142&company=EA&username=

BioWare is looking for a Live Service Executive Producer to complement our Franchise Executive Producers and ensure we are building our HD experiences to sustain our player experiences and business for years beyond initial product launches. In this role, you will work as a principal partner to the Franchise EP to collaboratively drive and define the future of BioWare's live game services. We are looking for a world-class Live Service producer who can blend creative, player facing vision, and business requirements for success. You will be responsible for driving the live service business around multiple games, starting with our recently revealed Anthem title.

As the Live Service EP, your chief responsibility is to manage and lead the Live Service development of our games; you will do this working in partnership with the launch product EP. You will ensure that the game design, systems, and economies of our games are built to maintain player engagement and our business for years of successful live game service. At launch, you'll then be responsible for the care and advancement of those services.

This is a key leadership role that involves a high level of interaction with team members, development partners, studio leadership, and EA executives. You will be the chief product owner, player representative, and vision holder for our games as they launch and sustain as Live Services. The successful candidate will have a strong mix of creative, technical, innovative and leadership experience from the Live Services gaming space (MMO, Mobile etc).

BioWare is looking for a proven leader with a track record of successful live game products and someone who knows how to create and execute on a vision to deliver player delight within a live game service. If you are someone who wakes up every day eagerly awaiting new KPI reports to create actionable, creative, and player facing advancements for your games, this role could be for you!

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
You will ensure that the game design, systems, and economies of our games are built to maintain player engagement and our business for years of successful live game service.

2M8XZhy.gif

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Each loot box guarantee at least one exotic love interest.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's quite a high level position job posting. Shouldn't be open normally. Good find.

Zakari2112

Jan 11, 2018
I'll be skeptical until we see how Anthem turns out. I hope it does well that way there will be competition and drive for other live service games.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
We should put our heads together and figure out how we can get EA charged with BioWare's murder, because this injustice cannot stand.

zychi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
If Bungie couldnt do it right, i have 0 faith in an EA owned company to do this right.

Less money for me to spend on games I guess

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Instead of releasing a live game service and sticking with it they're going to continually release annual/biannual titles with live service functionality to increase revenues and milk the products further.

I can't see EA sticking with Anthem like an Overwatch or Siege, they're totally going to Destiny it to an even greater extent. Continually patch and change, and add micro-transactions masquerading as GaaS.

Deleted member 1852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Bioware we all knew and loved is long gone now, but I wonder with the struggles Destiny is having right now if Anthem actually has an opening to come in and offer a better experience.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
If this is true and BioWare is planning to transition out of single-player RPGs and just do online only multi-player games, I guess that just leaves CD Projekt, for my meat, story-driven fantasy/SF western RPGs. As long as someone is still interested in making quality games in this genre, I'll live. Too bad though, the original ME trilogy was great, KOTOR was great, and Dragon Age was pretty good too.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Well, that makes Bioware games an easy pass for me. Shame, I loved Dragon Age and Mass Effect.

Thankfully, there are still more than enough games to play that aren't riddled with this GaaS garbage.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
We should put our heads together and figure out how we can get EA charged with BioWare's murder, because this injustice cannot stand.

I think EA is just too enamored with the games-as-service model right now. I can see the appeal it holds for a corporation, but for me as a customer, It's something I have 0 interest in supporting. I don't care how neat it may be.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I get these things take time to plan out and they want to be ready, but why not wait to make sure your first foray into it is a good one?

Look at Bungie and Destiny 3 years into it, I'm sure Ubisoft had massive plans after The Division but had to completely put them on the back burner to fix it up. Chances are EA won't care to fix the game, just simply move on to popping the next one out.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm not against the idea of games as a live service - I suppose over a decade of playing MMO's made me OK with the idea coming to other types of games. I think if done right it could be wonderful. Hopefully this person takes a good, long look at what has been happening with Destiny and learns from it.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Hate to break it to y'all, but Bioware's been making live services games since Mass Effect 3's multiplayer made moolah.

The Heape

Oct 27, 2017
I read this more as a live content producer rather than the next game. Similar to the team that is currently trying to fix the hack job that was Destiny 2.

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
Yeah this sounds like the end of bioware as a single player RPG company and now being the new milking beast in EA to pump until there's nothing left of any value, or a major fuck up. And considering EA, it might be both, and sooner than we think

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
AiL1gch.gif

It's a shame what they are doing to Bioware. It's not like it was unexpected though, I mean they showed it with Westworld, Bullfrog, Origin, Maxis, etc.

Why can't games just be games? Like just games you pay 59.99 for and get the full experience with nothing locked or walled off, like games used to be.

Hasn't the backlash against Destiny or the positive support of companies like Cd Projekt Red showed the industry anything?

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Man I can't wait until Anthem is out.

In terms of curious to see how they are going to play the micro transaction game after battlefront.

Pleiades

Dec 12, 2017
The only reason I ever cared for bioware was their focus on dialogue / character heavy single player RPGs. If they're going to shift away from that focus (which has already probably happened with Anthem coming and ME:A being a turd) then for me I'm just going to put them in the same mental category as any random EA / Ubi studio working on the next open world GAAS product with a new coat of paint. So I'll just stop caring about BW as a studio.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like Dragon Age Inquisition was a blueprint Mass Effect followed. I expect the template of anthem will also continue in whatever the next Dragon Age 4 is.

EA wants a formula similar to the "Ubisoft open world" they can use on a lot of franchises that at some point turned into a Destiny like.

Who the hell knows how its going to go for them. Obviously at this stage, at Bioware and EAs record. one has to guess its going to go poorly.