• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Nov 13, 2017
unknown.png
Hell yeah! Up to 91% now!

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I figured that the movie would at least be decent given the recent upswing for DC's films with regards to quality, but I'm glad that Birds of Prey is legit solid. I'll definitely need to go see this soon.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Slightly surprised (but happy) to see it doing this well critically, and hopefully this translates to a decent box office result.

Obviously there's a lot of prasie for Robbie but Jurnee Smollett-Bell and Ewan McGregor stole the show for me.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Is there a lot of puns in this movie? I want to watch it but it's only available in french and when jokes are puns they're really badly translated

still hesitating to go watch it tonight or not... It's annoying cause suddenly maybe next week they'll add a showing with the english dub, but there's not way to know that... there's not even a way to know if they'll still show it next week in my little town theater

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'll be fine with a paper thin story as long as I get the craziness I expect of Harley, and some sick action. Hell it seems like people wanted more Huntress, Black Canary and Montoya but I'm fine if it leans real heavy on Quinn.

Last edited:

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Holy crap! Glad Robbie gets to do a GOOD movie as Harley, I liked her in Suicide Squad but found the film itself insufferably bad.

Deleted member 4260

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As far as big budget movies go, Squad was one of the worst I've seen in the past decade. It was so horrible. I'm glad this seems like it turned out much better.

May 9, 2019
As expected BC and Huntress barely get anything to do and Cass was a wasted opportunity.

At least its getting good reviews. Margot must be happy especially if it succeeds at the box office.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Fuck I had like negative desire to see this after previews. I wouldn't go see it if someone paid me to see it because it looked like suicide squad again and that was ass on ass on ass. Yet I'm thinking about seeing this now after such stellar reviews that's crazy!!!

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I'm gonna eat crow for doubting this movie, but I couldn't be happier. DC is finally a competitor to the MCU in the movie market.

Oct 28, 2017
Reviews don't match what I saw in the trailer. I had no desire to see it before reviews hit but it's been upgraded to a rental.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
This is going to be a short thread.

What happened to the one where everyone was shitting on a 30 second clip from from the movie?

jerd

Oct 26, 2017
Glad it's reviewing well, didn't know what to make of the late embargo

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so petty I wish the review thread title poked fun at the haterz

----------------------------

this post brought to you by
▀▄▀▄▀▄ 🎀 𝐻𝒶𝓇𝓁𝑒𝓎 𝒢𝒶𝓃𝑔 🎀 ▄▀▄▀▄▀

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Yeah the trailers were a huge turn off for me, BUT, I've been binging the Harley Quinn cartoon this week (stupidly good show) so I'm all in on this! Gonna go tonight

Deleted member 51789

Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Uh what? Everything I'm hearing is that Huntress is one of the best secondary characters.
The scenes that Huntress has are good, but the character is definitely underutilised in the film, was expecting a bit more.

Black Canary was fantastic though and used well so not sure where the poster you'rer replying to is getting that from...