• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Saw it last night, it was fun but I think it falls short of making my top 3 for DC Extended Universe films.

If you were to take the best part of Birds of Prey and Suicide Squad and put them together it would be a great film.

OP
OP
Nov 13, 2017
Did you guys notice that Margot re-recorded the "ah shit, I got this all wrong" voiceover line from the trailers?

I'm the trailers, her Australian accent came through in "wrong" but in the film, she held the Brooklyn accent perfectly. Love that attention to detail.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Did you guys notice that Margot re-recorded the "ah shit, I got this all wrong" voiceover line from the trailers?

I'm the trailers, her Australian accent came through in "wrong" but in the film, she held the Brooklyn accent perfectly. Love that attention to detail.

They often use different takes in the trailer because the trailers are cut by a trailer house rather than the editor of the movie. I was a bit disappointed that the hilarious snap-zoom of the guy getting his legs broken by Harley in the trailers wasn't actually in the final film.

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Ewan and the actor playing Zsasz were fantastic rouges. Really impressed by Jurnee Smollett-Bell her version of Dinah Lance was great.

Nov 9, 2017
Mary Elizabeth Winstead is so great! I feel like she has the makings of a major star like Scar Jo or Margot Robbie, but she hasn't really done anything big for some reason.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, I loved Ewan's black mask. And zaaz was great.
My only issue is they fucking Killed Black mask off.
I'm not too bummed becasue it seems like he's a junior and wants his approval of his dad. I think evenually if they want to make another they can focus on his dad coming into the picture as the orginal black mask as a more fucked up version

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I really liked it. McGregor was amazing, best villain the DCU has ever had.

Considering there were plenty of lines from the trailer that have F bombs in the final movie, I wouldn't be surprised if they brought her in one day to record those trailer lines and her Aussie accent came through because she just didn't give a shit about rerecording lines just for a trailer.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I hope we get to see this deleted scene on the home video release
Joker kicking Harley out of his home complete with a Joker stand-in

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I really enjoyed it; the film has a unique feel and tempo unlike most other comic book movies.

My friend hated it however and in truth, I don't think he much cares for the character of Harley.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I've never seen Jurnee in anything else before. She was excellent, not to mention absolutely beautiful!

As reminded of this morning...

EQJF86VWAAI5hzJ.jpg

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
It was ok. The paint powder confetti scene was amazing, other than that the action was meh. I thought it started really strong until it became a team up movie. I think i'd prefer it if it was just Harley Quinn focused.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I think I've come out liking Huntress the most of the bunch, and that's what I least expected. I didn't know she was part of the Bertinelli family so that was a great tragic way of involving her. I just loved how much focus there was on the whole gang thing in this Gotham, even though the aesthetic didn't remind me of Gotham until the third act.

I also feel like Margot's Harley accent was all over the place, and she especially lost it in the truck saying "I got a plan." It pulled me out of it sometimes.

I hope we get to see this deleted scene on the home video release
Joker kicking Harley out of his home complete with a Joker stand-in
I was looking for this scene during my watch, since set photos of it came out. I feel like it's something they wanted to try out and see if it worked in practice.

OP
OP
Nov 13, 2017
The scenes with the confetti shot gun felt like they were ripped right out of a comic book/BTAS. I was drooling at the colors and visuals.

Starphanluke

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 15, 2017
Goddamn, this rocked. Knew nothing about it going in.

Black Mask and his blonde buddy were definitely a thing, right?

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
That was lots of fun. Good action and pacing, funny, and best Bruce Wayne cameo (he's such a dog!).

Dyl

Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoyed the movie. I was surprised by how soft R it was--and from looking at the box office news, the F bombs probably weren't worth abandoning the younger audience.

Some spoiler thoughts:

- Really enjoyed all of the characters. Renee Montoya probably less so, particularly because her scenes in the police department were the weakest of the movie I thought. However, she was great outside of that.
- Damn they did everything they could to not show Leto's Joker lol. Even cut around him in the SS flashbacks.
- Beforehand, I saw some people saying they didn't enjoy how low-stakes this movie was, but it seemed perfectly acceptable to me. Much more fitting than Suicide Squad's world-ending threat.
- Maybe it was just my theater, but the sound mixing was really inconsistent. Which leads to my next point...
- Some jokes were well-written but poorly executed. Too quick to cut away to the next scene/line, and sometimes not easy enough to hear.
- Action was really solid. The group fight at the end was probably the weakest from a choreography/editing/cinematography standpoint, but still enjoyable.
- Black Mask's death was GREAT.

Now I'm just concerned we're not going to get Gotham City Sirens or any follow-up to this whatsoever. At least Harley plays a major role in Gunn's Suicide Squad, I guess...

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just got out. Really loved it. I thought the action was excellent. The scene in the police station especially. The choreography with the bat was standout stuff. Just really creative and brutal.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoyed this. Probably my fav of the DC flicks so far just due to tone and the quality action and lack of overall CG in the fights.

Huntress was incredible and not at all what I expected.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
That's a good action movie! No Question shout-out but I really enjoyed Renee Montoya.

Fights were pretty cool and well directed. Loved how every protagonist had a different fighting style, Harley pulls out some BRUTAL wrestling-style stuff I was not expecting haha.

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I really liked it. McGregor was amazing, best villain the DCU has ever had.

Considering there were plenty of lines from the trailer that have F bombs in the final movie, I wouldn't be surprised if they brought her in one day to record those trailer lines and her Aussie accent came through because she just didn't give a shit about rerecording lines just for a trailer.

Better than Ledger? Ok then.

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Caught this yesterday and felt like it achieved what I hoped Suicide Squad to be: a fun, cohesive ensemble comic book movie.

The non-linearity at the start was clunky but not clunky enough to ruin it. The action was competent and at its best when in service of building up the different character's relationships. The police shootout is flashy and well-choreographed but it has the same problem I have with the John Wick series where the action becomes kinda clinical and monotonous. It's just Harley beating up random mooks one after the other without push/pull or a sense of escalation

Looking forward to seeing more of Cathy Yan's work in the future (:

Bor Gullet

Oct 27, 2017
Caught this yesterday and felt like it achieved what I hoped Suicide Squad to be: a fun, cohesive ensemble comic book movie.

The non-linearity at the start was clunky but not clunky enough to ruin it. The action was competent and at its best when in service of building up the different character's relationships. The police shootout is flashy and well-choreographed but it has the same problem I have with the John Wick series where the action becomes kinda clinical and monotonous. It's just Harley beating up random mooks one after the other without push/pull or a sense of escalation

Looking forward to seeing more of Cathy Yan's work in the future (:

Finally someone who shares this opinion with me about the john wick movies!

SpitfireKit

Oct 27, 2017
I took my daughter to see this last night, reluctantly.
I hated Suicide Squad, I've watched it twice since the theater and still disliked it both times.
With that said, I really ended up enjoying BOP!
I thought the action/choreography was great, and I liked the humor and the disjointed narrative borne from her disjointed mind.
I've begun to tell people that didn't like SS to check it out.

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally someone who shares this opinion with me about the john wick movies!
I wanna see the third one for this reason, seems like the odds are stacked against him and the different setpieces are gonna have more tension/urgency. I've got no problem with him being an unstoppable force of nature much like how Harley always gets the upperhand despite being outnumbered and outgunned, but it needs to balanced.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when this movie was totally not connected to Suicide Squad. Not a continuation at all of that movie. Nope.

A movie whose events are referenced multiple times in this one.

Oct 27, 2017
i wish harley had a more clear goal. it reminded me of the tomb raider movie, where too much time was spent setting up her character, before her motivation. cast is sooo perfect tho. i wish the movie started where they were all together in the funhouse, then went from there. also, if you do flashback stuff, you should get back to the main narrative before people start forgetting where they were. Also, I would have liked more bespoke fight styles...like this is my own thing, but i picture harley being clutch in a fight cause shes crazy as shit, and will headbutt and grab anything around her as a weapon, not as a jujitsu master. overall sets up the right tone and characters for a franchise...MEW deserves to run he own show

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the replies.

I'm not all that big on Margot as Harley, but I want to like this one. I imagine if I don't see it this weekend, I'll wait till it's on HBO.

Bor Gullet

Oct 27, 2017
The joker that we see in this via animated clips or pictures looks nothing like Leto's Joker anyway.