• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
From The People's Champion himself

EJWW0KxXkAAABhs

The Man in Black ⚡️
Like most kids growing up, I dreamed about being a superhero. Having cool superpowers, fighting for what's right and always protecting the people.

It all changed for me, when I was 10yrs old and was first introduced to the greatest superhero of all time - SUPERMAN.

As a kid, Superman was the hero I always wanted to be. But, a few years into my fantasy, I realized that Superman was the hero, I could never be. I was too rebellious. Too rambunctious. Too resistant to convention and authority.

Despite my troubles, I was still a good kid with a good heart - I just liked to do things my way. Now, years later as a man, with the same DNA I had as a kid - my superhero dreams have come true.

I'm honored to join the iconic #DCUniverse and it's a true pleasure to become, BLACK ADAM.

BLACK ADAM is blessed by magic with the powers equal to SUPERMAN, but the difference is he doesn't toe the mark or walk the line.
He's a rebellious, one of a kind superhero, who'll always do what's right for the people - but he does it his way.

Truth and justice - the BLACK ADAM way. This role is unlike any other I've ever played in my career and I'm grateful to the bone we'll all go on this journey together.

BLACK ADAM
12.22.21 ⚡️

Huge thank you to my friends, @jimlee and @bosslogic for this first time ever bad ass collaboration.

Last edited:

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thank God. I hope it gets sequels so that Rock is too busy for an mbs backed presidential run.

DCEU needs to keep at it, Shazam was great imo. I wanna see Lobo down the line.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How would they tie this in with Shazam? This can't be a comedy so it'd clash with Shazam's intensions

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
This is coming out only five days after Avatar 2 and the same day as Sherlock Holmes 3.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
This is going to be a very jarring movie in terms of tone for a lot of people.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
the aquaman slot

just days after the director of the original aquaman releases his big new movie

what a battle this will be

Skyejack

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2019
So which Adam were they referencing in Guardians 2?

NiallGGlynn

Apr 16, 2019
Can't wait for this to be a gritty film about Black Adam trying to become a comedian whilst going CUHRAZY

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The Rock still thinks Black Adam is a superhero so I'm already convinced this movie is going to be freaking stupid.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
It's obviously should be Sherlock, but maybe this plays like jumanji and greatest showman and how Star Wars was supposed to decimate those.

The Rock still thinks Black Adam is a superhero so I'm already convinced this movie is going to be freaking stupid.
the rock knows what's up.

hopefully because his cavill connection and star power he makes WB bring back supes.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
How so? I know nothing about Black Adam, by the way

Black Adam is a fantastic character first of all. But he is usually positioned as an antagonist for Shazam, who is light hearted and good natured.

Black Adam is dead serious-always. He's usually not portrayed as a straight up villain, but usually an anti-hero with dark tendencies. He will straight up just murder people. He's also the ruler of a Middle East country called Kahndaq-and while he isn't a dictator per se, he's a very stern ruler - albeit one who truly loves and protects his country.
The power set and origin is also of course very similar to Shazam so it will be weird to see it done again on screen without Shazam there.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Black Adam is a fantastic character first of all. But he is usually positioned as an antagonist for Shazam, who is light hearted and good natured.

Black Adam is dead serious-always. He's usually not portrayed as a straight up villain, but usually an anti-hero with dark tendencies. He will straight up just murder people. He's also the ruler of a Middle East country called Kahndaq-and while he isn't a dictator per se, he's a very stern ruler - albeit one who truly loves and protects his country.
The power set and origin is also of course very similar to Shazam so it will be weird to see it done again on screen without Shazam there.
Wouldn't say it'd be weird as well his circumstances are very different from shazam and his family. And well, black adam is super old, so if they do his origin straight up. It would be weird to see billy and family there.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017

Knowing nothing about this character, I'm sitting here on Black Adam's wikipedia and I'm confused about his use of the word "superhero" also.

If they really wanted to be controversial, they could turn him into some kind of quasi-sympathetic Killmonger type character easily enough since slavery seems like a big part of his backstory.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
the rock knows what's up.

hopefully because his cavill connection and star power he makes WB bring back supes.
I love The Rock but what makes you think he knows what's up? Rampage? San Andreas? Skyscraper? Baywatch? Central Intelligence? Hercules?

Honestly the only way I could be less excited for this movie is if it came out that it was actually a Terminator movie

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Knowing nothing about this character, I'm sitting here on Black Adam's wikipedia and I'm confused about his use of the word "superhero" also.

If they really wanted to be controversial, they could turn him into some kind of quasi-sympathetic Killmonger type character easily enough since slavery seems like a big part of his backstory.
Black Adam flirts with being an anti hero. He's not like completely evil, but he will kill if he finds it necessary.

AzerPhire

Oct 25, 2017
Man BossLogic has really blown up. Doing this art, all the work on Far From Home, the guy has really come a long way. He is super talented so the success is well deserved.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad to see that Rock's initial official statement on this totally misses the point of the character. What could go wrong?