• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

President Donald Trump made a stark appeal to black Americans during the 2016 election when he asked, "What have you got to lose?" Three years later, black Americans have rendered their verdict on his presidency with a deeply pessimistic assessment of their place in the United States under a leader seen by an overwhelming majority as racist.

The findings come from a Washington Post-Ipsos poll of African Americans nationwide, which reveals fears about whether their children will have a fair shot to succeed and a belief that white Americans don't fully appreciate the discrimination that black people experience.

The pessimism goes well beyond assessments of the president. A 65 percent majority of African Americans say it is a "bad time" to be a black person in America. That view is widely shared by clear majorities of black adults across income, generational and political lines. By contrast, 77 percent of black Americans say it is a "good time" to be a white person, with a wide majority saying white people don't understand the discrimination faced by black Americans.

"Laugh to keep from crying The African American Story"

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I'm shocked only 65% think it's a bad time to be black.
Don't mistake that as 35% saying it is honey and milk, that is folks remembering Race riots, lynchings, George Wallance, etc. Take that in consideration yeah black folks are on an upswing

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Decades after major civil rights victories and we still have a long ass way to go

Deleted member 43514

User requested account closure
Banned
May 16, 2018
My father and both of my grandmothers all remember jim crow. My father still remembers colored only water fountains in the early 1970s. He said it can be (and was) worse.
not surprising, trump brought all the racists out of hiding
They weren't hiding. None of this shit has changed behind closed doors what they were saying. It's just acceptable to be mainstream again.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
But remember, it's the white working class we have to reach out to so we can cure their imaginary economic anxiety!

Status
Not open for further replies.