• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lishi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You tell that to my son and wife who were held at gun point during a home invasion. You can also tell that to my son's therapist for 2 years as a result of that incident. If you don't want a gun, then that's fine. But you don't tell me or my family that I don't have the right to protect myself and my family. My hope is that I never have to use it, but it is there in case I do.

I love the way some in this forum are so judgmental of others while living their, what has to be, perfect lives. Never committing a single sin. That has to be the reason why some stand so high on their pulpit and point down.

Why you need to take it personally?

Im saying that research and statistic don't show that having a gun make you safer.

www.hsph.harvard.edu

Scientists agree: Guns don’t make society safer

Scientists who conduct research on gun violence overwhelmingly agree that firearms make society more dangerous, according to a recent poll conducted by David Hemenway of Harvard T.H. Chan School of…

You are free to believe that your situation would not fit the average and your outcome will be better.
Or like someone said the black subsection of the society will have better outcome of the total.

No one preventing you to buy gun.

Just that a gun don't mean you made automatically your home safer. Research show that in average it make it less safe.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
You tell that to my son and wife who were held at gun point during a home invasion. You can also tell that to my son's therapist for 2 years as a result of that incident. If you don't want a gun, then that's fine. But you don't tell me or my family that I don't have the right to protect myself and my family. My hope is that I never have to use it, but it is there in case I do.

I love the way some in this forum are so judgmental of others while living their, what has to be, perfect lives. Never committing a single sin. That has to be the reason why some stand so high on their pulpit and point down.

This is NRA nonsense. It really is.There mere fact that you now have a gun in your house increases the likelihood that you or one of the people you want to protect will die. This is a statistical fact. It's a lot more likely a gun in your house would have led to an escalation and death of a family member or that it will now lead to an accidental death with the firearm.

Owning a gun doesn't help you protect your family. It helps you feel safe. Getting a gun means that you are value your own feeling of safety as more important than the actual safety of the people you want to protect. The same goes for carrying a gun. Carrying a gun around to make you "feel safe" makes you provably less safe.

Overall, Branas's study found that people who carried guns were 4.5 times as likely to be shot and 4.2 times as likely to get killed compared with unarmed citizens. When the team looked at shootings in which victims had a chance to defend themselves, their odds of getting shot were even higher.

This is what is so frustrating about this. This issue keeps being framed around people wanting to be safe and claiming that people arguing against guns ignore their need to be safe. But this is proven to be wrong. You are endangering yourself and everyone around you by owning a gun and make it a LOT more likely that you or the people you claim you need to protect actually get shot to death. No amount of anectodes of "Good guys with guns" successfully chasing away a home invader changes that fact.

Last edited:
We're currently going through a high-profile trial where someone was recorded kneeling on another human being's neck for nine and a half minutes and despite those circumstances we're still justifiably terrified that the killer will get off. The burden of getting America to give an iota of a shit about black lives is so difficult that crystal clear evidence of a cop murdering us doesn't even come close to a guarantee of justice.

You don't have to like the notion of gun ownership increasing to acknowledge that it's understandable that black america has a good reason to feel insecure enough to find anyway to protect ourselves.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
This is what is so frustrating about this. This issue keeps being framed around people wanting to be safe and claiming that people arguing against guns ignore their need to be safe. But this is proven to be wrong. You are endangering yourself and everyone around you by owning a gun and make it a LOT more likely that you or the people you claim you need to protect actually get shot to death. No amount of anectodes of "Good guys with guns" successfully chasing away a home invader changes that fact.

I mean, the post isn't about home invaders or crime in the classic sense though. That's what's weird about this post; people are talking about defending themselves against police officers..that's how deep in the woods we are. So its weird to see these examples get trotted out as if the circumstances are the same. The underlying theme of the post is fear of weaponized systemic racism, not dudes trying to take your flatscreen. There's been horrific crime waves that have affected the same demographic, and while I don't have the same stats on hand, I doubt you saw a similar spike (I make this assumption that even through those years 80's-90's black ownership lagged heavily behind white ownership).

Oct 30, 2017
some of y'all make it seem like owning a gun means that you will inevitably die by its hand at some point in time.

like the gun is just gonna hop out of its holster and just start blasting itself around the house. or the gun will shove a tapeworm up your ass and make you shoot yourself.

it is not mine or anyone else's responsibility or right to brow beat black americans for choosing to protect themselves.

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017

Well, it's either that or the fact that a lot of people on this forum don't live in a failed state where pretty much everybody has easy access to guns.

Like, don't take this the wrong way, I feel for you, and it is horrible what happened to your family. But from the outside looking in, american gun culture is so unbelievably inconceivable and hard to understand.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
It's unfortunate but i get it
I'm not ready for gun ownership, nor can i see myself getting one, but i cant tell the future and anything can happen tbh

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States
Guns are so common and ingrained in our culture that people need to change how they approach it. People are going to want guns there's no way around it and until people don't have a need or ability to get a gun then it won't end. Simply throwing statistics at people does nothing just like throwing std statistics at teenagers does nothing. The only thing you can really do now is educate them and show them how to be safe with it. But coming in and telling people that they're wrong because of xyz statistic is not the right approach.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
some of y'all make it seem like owning a gun means that you will inevitably die by its hand at some point in time.

like the gun is just gonna hop out of its holster and just start blasting itself around the house. or the gun will shove a tapeworm up your ass and make you shoot yourself.

it is not mine or anyone else's responsibility or right to brow beat black americans for choosing to protect themselves.

You'd think so.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's either that or the fact that a lot of people on this forum don't live in a failed state where pretty much everybody has easy access to guns.

Like, don't take this the wrong way, I feel for you, and it is horrible what happened to your family. But from the outside looking in, american gun culture is so unbelievably inconceivable and hard to understand.

And I completely agree. It's a shame, being an actual opponent of gun use, that I can't take the moral high ground on this. I would love to live in a society where owning a fire arm (I'll use this phrase other wise more people will link studies) to make me feel safe isn't required. But sadly, I do.

true, this is Resetera after all.

the only place where everyone's intelligence is as big as their dick

And have never done anything bad in their entire lives.

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
Makes sense. If you're going to have to deal with this country, mind as well shoot back.

Historically, White people have thought that the 2nd amendment gives them to the right to defend themselves, but not us. I expect some kind of republican demonization and head shaking from white liberals.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Makes sense. If you're going to have to deal with this country, mind as well shoot back.

Historically, White people have thought that the 2nd amendment gives them to the right to defend themselves, but not us. I expect some kind of republican demonization and head shaking from white liberals.

People say when we start arming ourselves, it'll suddenly be far easier to have gun control laws implemented. But we know already from history that the enforcement of said laws will not be even handed, which is exactly why people like me are considering applying for those gun licenses and getting armed.

Yrch

Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (Duration Pending Review): Inflammatory False Equivalences Around Race; Prior Ban for Dismissing Concerns Around Racism
The fuck is wrong with people saying this is a good thing.

I get that people want to defend themselves with all those right wing idiots running around like military while cops shoot blacks on sight.
But more guns is never ever a good thing cause it just increases the amounts of accidents and suicides.
And things like white idiots not wanting blacks in their gun club and now blacks forming their own "black only" clubs just leads to more tension and segregation.

Get your fucking gun laws straight and stop all that needless hate on any skin color. The color or your skin doesn't make you a good or bad person you are still a human being and should be treated as that, another fellow human being trying to live your life.

Night

Late to the party
Nov 1, 2017
Clearwater, FL
There's nothing wrong with wanting to own and/or owning a gun, especially for the sole use of self defense. I don't blame anyone, especially black Americans, for feeling the need to do so.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Damn, I'd like to see the same amount of effort ITT when it comes to dissuading white people from buying guns.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a european i see this as a dumb situation generating a dumb reaction.

It is not a dumb situation. It is a hateful situation which has been going on for centuries and will never end. This is what we are facing:

5ef954f4dc2d0.image.jpg

michigan-anti-quarantine-protest-05-gty-jc-200415_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

GettyImages-1211395473.jpg

200430-lansing-protest-al-1403_5391b85a0629b7903af26aa8a57c4241.fit-2000w.jpg

These people are heavily armed and they are angry. What would you have us do in response? America is never going to take their guns away. This is the reality of the country that we are living in.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
It is not a dumb situation. It is a hateful situation which has been going on for centuries and will never end. This is what we are facing:

5ef954f4dc2d0.image.jpg

michigan-anti-quarantine-protest-05-gty-jc-200415_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

GettyImages-1211395473.jpg

200430-lansing-protest-al-1403_5391b85a0629b7903af26aa8a57c4241.fit-2000w.jpg

These people are heavily armed and they are angry. What would you have us do in response? America is never going to take their guns away. This is the reality of the country that we are living in.

Yes sure white people like that all have guns... But.. blacks shouldn't because they don't understand statistics!!!

The fucking thread.

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
As a european i see this as a dumb situation generating a dumb reaction.

Please, let us know what you would do. I want to hear this.

Get your fucking gun laws straight and stop all that needless hate on any skin color.

So glad the solution to our complex centuries old social problems is this easy.
We just have to get the laws straight and stop the hate.
Why didnt we black people think to do that sooner.

Last edited:

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I'd like to see the same amount of effort ITT when it comes to dissuading white people from buying guns.
Half of these people in here won't even talk to their racist family during the holidays.

Let's just throw it out there. The issue here is people are afraid of black people getting guns because black people with guns are terrifying. The quotation of statistics is an ad hoc justification for that reaction.

Like, only five or so non-black people, if that, have said that the way to properly disarm is to address the reasons for why black people feel the need to arm up, which is white supremacy.

But we circle back around to my first observation.

This thread is a joke.

Yrch

Oct 29, 2017
Please, let us know what you would do. I want to hear this.

So glad the solution to our complex centuries old social problems is this easy.
We just have to get the laws straight and stop the hate.
Why didnt we black people think to do that sooner.

I didn't say that it's easy, but it seems that politics don't care to fight racism and this is what infuriates me.

Cops still get away with murder while everyone and their dog can buy an Assault rifle and carry it around, while politicians and rich jerks make money of the lower class shooting each other dead.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I didn't say that it's easy, but it seems that politics don't care to fight racism and this is what infuriates me.

Cops still get away with murder while everyone and their dog can buy an Assault rifle and carry it around, while politicians and rich jerks make money of the lower class shooting each other dead.

yes, the black (now we're all the lower class?) shooting each other dead in response to fascism is the goal of everyone in OP.

jesus christ.

Another friendly reminder.

Asians arming themselves in response to how society is going, the thread, was 2 pages without the pearl clutch brow beat finger wagging international free for all.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Reminds me of the episode of BoJack where women start carrying more guns for self defense and suddenly America ban guns because America hates women more than they love guns.

Jun 10, 2018
The fuck is wrong with people saying this is a good thing.

I get that people want to defend themselves with all those right wing idiots running around like military while cops shoot blacks on sight.
But more guns is never ever a good thing cause it just increases the amounts of accidents and suicides.
And things like white idiots not wanting blacks in their gun club and now blacks forming their own "black only" clubs just leads to more tension and segregation.

Get your fucking gun laws straight and stop all that needless hate on any skin color. The color or your skin doesn't make you a good or bad person you are still a human being and should be treated as that, another fellow human being trying to live your life.
Can we not allow gaslighting anti-black rhetoric like this on the forum please?

Thanks.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Half of these people in here won't even talk to their racist family during the holidays.

Let's just throw it out there. The issue here is people are afraid of black people getting guns because black people with guns are terrifying. The quotation of statistics is an ad hoc justification for that reaction.

Like, only five or so non-black people, if that, have said that the way to properly disarm is to address the reasons for why black people feel the need to arm up, which is white supremacy.

This thread is a joke.

If this thread is a joke then you can lock it since you are an admin. We've got people in here literally promoting the "training arm" of the NRA which is known racist institution instead of an ethical one for this type of subject. There seems to be a large gun-owning community on this site, there's probably better sources out there

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
If this thread is a joke then you can lock it since you are an admin. We've got people in here literally promoting the "training arm" of the NRA which is known racist institution instead of an ethical one for this type of subject.
It's interesting that that's the thing in here that offended you most. You also don't know how my job works.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
It's interesting that that's the thing in here that offended you most. You also don't know how my job works.
Oh, I didn't know that sorry, and I'm not sure what you are referring to there. But I am offended by anyone referring to NRA that has taken money and given money to racists for decades.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I didn't know that sorry, and I'm not sure what you are referring to there. But I am offended by anyone referring to NRA that has taken money and given money to racists for decades.
It's good that you are offended by the NRA.

It's sus that you quoted my post decrying white people's unwillingness to confront white supremacy (the thing that's making black gun ownership spike) and went "but the NRA tho."

Like, just completely side-stepped the major point of contention.

But sure, Jan. Report any posts you think are irresponsible. Do you have anything to say about my wider point or nah?

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
It's good that you are offended by the NRA.

It's sus that you quoted my post decrying white people's unwillingness to confront white supremacy (the thing that's making black gun ownership spike) and went "but the NRA tho."

Like, just completely side-stepped the major point of contention.

But sure, Jan. Report any posts you think are irresponsible. Do you have anything to say about my wider point or nah?
I'm not white so I didn't think those were applicable for me to reply to. Historically you're correct that black armament has been a successful deterrent of racist violence. But like in my last post in here, I think people are disregarding the individual risk like how some might say I'm disregarding the historical successes.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
There is some real cognitive dissonance going on this thread.

On one hand, some of y'all are criticizing gun owners for "spewing right-wing/NRA talking points to defend gun ownership" - apparently completely unaware that you are embracing the beloved right-wing hobby of telling minorities how they should and shouldn't react to racism and hate crimes.

"You have the right to protest and fight against racism and hate crimes all you want, but please only do it in ways that make me feel comfortable, kthx."

I feel like some of you would be shocked to find out that, no, kneeling during the anthem at sporting events was not enough to stop the rise in hate crimes this country has seen since Trump happened. Marching for George Flloyd didn't stop it. Posting that black square on your Insta profile didn't stop it.

Is it sad and depressing that we're at this point? Of course it is. The only people who are thrilled that minority communities now feel the need to arm themselves for protection against both extremist groups and the fucking cops are the gun manufacturers themselves. I'm a gun owner and I find all this to be incredibly depressing.

But until you take away all the guns from everyone in the country, including and primarily the white people who own 98% of them (ie the people who have used their guns to intimidate minorities and their communities in this country for fucking centuries), you cannot fault Black or Asian Americans and their communities for finally wanting to "even the odds" so-to-speak in the most immediate and visible way that they can.

Will this have any sort of long-term positive affect against hate crimes? We literally have no idea. The last time anything like this happened was in the 60s during the Civil Rights movement, which ironically brought about stricter gun control. So until we get some hard proof that the current wave of Black and Brown people buying guns en masse for protection had any affect at all on hate crimes, positively or negatively, I'm willing to just wait and see before going full Chicken Little and saying this will only make things worse.

Last edited:

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Yes sure white people like that all have guns... But.. blacks shouldn't because they don't understand statistics!!!

The fucking thread.

This thread is a joke.

Can we not allow gaslighting anti-black rhetoric like this on the forum please?

Thanks.

Agreed on all these points. It's always been fear of Black people. I guess the worry is we're going to fully embrace Vengeance Day™ and just go raw Nat Turner on everyone.

Like has been said time and time again, if you want Black people in this country to disarm then the reasons why we're arming ourselves should be addressed. But that won't happen because half the people reading this thread roll their eyes at the terms "systemic", "racism", "oppression".

Black Americans didn't write the second amendment.
Black Americans didn't create Jim Crow.
Black Americans didn't create this situation.

But we and other minorities have little choice but to live with these consequences. The simple fact is I live in a nation that has and still continues to want the extermination of my people. That's a fucking fact. And one of the few things that will keep a bigot from going ham is the idea of a bullet in that ass.

Now add to that the segregation that still goes on. Fully intentional. Add to that the economic disparity. Fully intentional. Add to that the educational disparity. Fully intentional. So it's that AND having to deal with the fact that we just had a mob of racist motherfuckers storm the fucking Capitol Building, kill a cop, and attempt to overthrow American Democracy:

And some of ya'll gonna wag your fingers at us? On some "both sides" shit? Condescend like we are some child race that needs to go sit down and let the adults handle this? While NOT handling racism in this country for centuries? After repeatedly selling us out to those same racists time and time again?
BrilliantUnevenCopperhead-size_restricted.gif

I don't hate anyone. But that doesn't mean I have to be passive in the face of genocide. And if you're rolling your eyes at me saying that then please wake up. How many racists been trying to start a race war? Time and time again. Kill some Black people to get us pissed. We never fall for it. That should tell you something. It should tell you something about the motives of bigots (they want to fucking KILL us) and the motives of Black people in America (despite ALL the bullshit for CENTURIES we still trying to just live in peace as equals).

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not white so I didn't think those were applicable for me to reply to. Historically you're correct that black armament has been a successful deterrent of racist violence. But like in my last post in here, I think people are disregarding the individual risk like how some might say I'm disregarding the historical successes.
You may not be white, but that doesn't automatically mean you're black, and I've certainly noticed an uptick in non-black minorities thinking not being white gives them the high ground to tell black people what for.

For example, I don't think black people, of all people, need lecturing from Era about the individual risk of firearms, as if we are a people who aren't ever besieged by gun violence!

Because this topic (and my post) is about black people responding to white supremacy by arming up, thus the obvious solution to increasing gun ownership rates is to decrease white supremacy.

So let's talk about white supremacy, or do you still think this "isn't applicable?"

Last edited:

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
The thing that I can't wrap my head around when it comes to the people who are clinging to the statistics argument (still) is...that argument works retroactively. Because the technology behind "gun handling" is safer today than it was in the past. Access to responsible gun safety training is also more available today than it was in the past. So if your argument today is that Black people (especially Black people, going by this thread), shouldn't buy guns because owning guns is inherently unsafe...then that argument logically extends to "Black people should never have owned guns, because owning guns and having a gun in the home has always been unsafe."

Which then begs the question, do you think Black people have historically never had reason to take up arms in this country? That Black people have never needed the means to protect themselves specifically from oppressive racial violence? Because the history is there.

There are the massacres (here's a handy-dandy Top 10 List, complete with images and body counts).
Then there are the isolated incidents we hear about, like Emmit Till, which only serves as the historical example for the untold number of Black people who have fallen to white, racist, vigilante "justice" who will never be named.
The thousands of lynched Black people during the Jim Crow era.
The existence of the Black Panther Party, period.
And all the racist white militias that exist today in all 50 states.

And when you look into this history (especially the riots and massacres), you can see a through line: how much worse the violence perpetrated against Black people would have been if Black people had not begun arming themselves.

So, when I see people equating Black people arming themselves in defense to white power fantasies, or blanketing themselves in statistics, I can't help but think you either don't know the history, are choosing to ignore it, or believe that we live in some version of a post racial society where Black people don't have to worry about violence of this scale being perpetrated against them. Which...I wish I could be that naive.

And this is where the statistics argument fails. When it comes to the racial violence in this county, those statistics are often colorblind. They don't address the "preventative" aspects of Black people owning guns. It promotes some false sense of mutual disarmament (which would be great!), but fails to address the realities of American society, where white supremacists have been encouraged to stockpile weapons and have been encouraged to enact racial violence.

I have to say, words cannot truly express how profoundly disappointing this thread has been. We are on page 8 of people talking down to Black folks, infantilizing us, condescending to us, as though the reason Black people have felt moved to purchase guns in the light of EVERYTHING. WE. ARE. SEEING. is that we just don't know that guns are unsafe.

No shit.

Black folks, we are really on our own.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I get why people are motivated to do this and it's also every American's constitutional right as argued by the Supreme Court, but it's certainly a bad thing if you're worried about being killed by a gun. External violence will always be more motivating than internal harm, this is the reality of gun ownership in America regardless of race. The perception is that owning a gun is a means of protection against external violence -- it's not -- but that perception is a strong motivator. Insofar as it's a protected right enshrined in our interpretation of the constitution, I don't blame people for wanting to own guns. I disagree with it, I don't want it for myself, and I wish we didn't have this fear-driven culture combined with a radical interpretation of the rights protected by the 2nd amendment, but we do. I'll continue to advocate for common sense gun reform as a matter of public policy, but people are free to do as they please in their own homes (and I suppose out in public) if that's what the interpretation of the law says they can do.

Last edited:

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Access to a gun would not have made your wife and son any safer during that home invasion.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I have to say, words cannot truly express how profoundly disappointing this thread has been. We are on page 8 of people talking down to Black folks, infantilizing us, condescending to us, as though the reason Black people have felt moved to purchase guns in the light of EVERYTHING. WE. ARE. SEEING. is that we just don't know that guns are unsafe.
Yep. Era really thinks we ain't shit.

Ripcord

Oct 30, 2017
Man I gotta remember to join these threads after they've had some time to simmer and weed out the clowns. Ruined my whole fuckin day yesterday.

Glad to see that it's kinda leveled out now.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
It's all so horribly depressing.

It's understandable why this happens, and it's hard to blame anyone for doing so, but it really demonstrates just how lost and broken so many aspects of life here are. Any hopes of trying to get some sort of end to the madness of poor/nonexistent gun control and a country flooded with guns seems virtually nonexistent.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Access to a gun would not have made your wife and son any safer during that home invasion.

So let's chime in on the question Nepenthe has been attempting to ask regarding that: Would access to guns have EVER made Black people safe in the history of America? If so when, if not why not?

Also, I've lived through an attempted home invasion and guess what made dude stop and reconsider his life choices? A gun. Now it's not ALWAYS the case. But it's not always NOT the case either.

Jun 10, 2018
Man I gotta remember to join these threads after they've had some time to simmer and weed out the clowns. Ruined my whole fuckin day yesterday.

Glad to see that it's kinda leveled out now.
Relatively speaking. Still got clowns pouring in wanting to flaunt their privilege on the global racial hegemony.

Threads like this serve as a reminder of just how embedded and pervasive anti-blackness is. Worse is these same people we likely interact with and live among daily, truly believing they hold no negative biases toward black people.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Relatively speaking. Still got clowns pouring in wanting to flaunt their privilege on the global racial hegemony.

Threads like this serve as a reminder of just how embedded and pervasive anti-blackness is. Worse is these same people we likely interact with and live among daily, truly believing they hold no negative biases toward black people.

Yep. But if we telling them in plain English what we're dealing with and thus why we make certain choices within that context it's like "No, I don't believe you sir".

I just don't get that.

Yep. Era really thinks we ain't shit.

:( Not shocked. Happens every time...

If you are against guns, you should be against guns ALWAYS. Otherwise is a double standard.

Case in point.... Some of ya'll ain't shit.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
If you are against guns, you should be against guns ALWAYS. Otherwise is a double standard.

This thread has been a long fight between rationality and personal fears.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
This thread has been a long fight between rationality and personal fears.

So in a thread with multiple black posters explaining this in painstaking detail. Providing references. Receipts. Hundreds of pages of documentation. You really gonna ignore it and gaslight us as irrational?

jesus christ. Is there a sign or something on the door?

Reading "Black" in a thread title brings ignorant bigots out in droves.