• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think they've gotten enough of a fuck you already lol. Won't feel bad for them if they get even more but seeing Noelle being able to fight fine when they weren't and seeing their oldest brother, who they seem to idolize, acknowledge and ask for Noelle's help has to be just tearing them up inside.

That was Solid. (and also, for whatever reason, something the anime felt necessary to add cause it's not in the manga as I was recently reminded when I read that again)
Nozel "just" (lol) said she didn't belong at the ceremony and called her a failure..
But yeah him acknowledging Asta recently was cool too, especially cause there were hints of that earlier when they first fought Licht and co. For better or for worse, Nozel seems to be stricly focused on results rather than giving chances for "potential" or looking at things emotionally. (like how when Zora left them, he just said it's fine cause he's a royal knight like them and must know what he's doing)
That was Solid? My bad then. Guess Nozel is better in my book than I initially though, bad haircut aside.

I still want that final "fuck you" though. Noelle has gotten better as a magic user and as a person with no help from her actual family. I just want her put the Black Bulls above them in things that are important to her.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Btw, the cover of this chapter also talked about the anime's continuation as a "second year", just as that Yonko tweet the other day. If it really is gonna go for another year then clearly they're satisfied with its performance so I hope it'll be considered a higher priority and look more consistent, whatever way that happens. Cause Pierrot's other big current shonen, Boruto, even outside of the flashy episodes looks consistently good but that's a proven money-maker. I really hope that since it's successful they can put more care into the BC anime in the future especially since really good stuff is coming up. I just re-watched the impressive Episode 49 dubbed and it'd be real nice to get more stuff like that.

Though if it's one more year then that becomes worrying in terms of pacing and distance to the manga. Cause it would be even harder to care about the anime if it added uninteresting filler.
---------
Anyway,
YdlAbS3m.jpg

This is probably Yuno's best line in the whole series. Not like it's competing with much but still, really good lol.
Kirsch is just really fun. And beautiful. That fight against Asta's team is a really good one. It's pretty much just everyone showing Kirsch he ain't shit, from his peasant + commoner teammates putting in work, to his sister working well with another peasant + commoner who end up beating him and then Zora just tears into him and Kirsch ends up admitting that the way Asta and Magna gave everything they had was beautiful. Just a really nice short fight for a tournament arc with a somewhat dislikable but easily redeemable character who goes from threat to potential ally you're ready to root for in the future. For he then becomes truly beautiful. Zora slowly trusting and working with Asta/Mimosa more is also a cool aspect of the fight. (God I'm glad Zora's back!)

I just want her put the Black Bulls above them in things that are important to her.
She's actually done that already. Both in that she had that realization while preparing for the Underwater Temple trip but also in that she let her family know in the tournament(or rather just Solid, but the others probably get it)
3tx28bzl.jpg

ngvqhbXm.jpg

Edit: But it would be really cool if we saw Solid and maybe the other siblings understand that the Black Bulls let her grow much more than they did. Like, either we see into their thoughts or maybe they make some remark about it to a BB member or something like that

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wish the Light Novel was released in English.
---------
Speaking of songs, new OP/ED tomorrow, both by the same artist. Hope the streak continues cause I've liked every song so far.

OP
OP
Dedication Through Light
Oct 25, 2017
Episode 52

I think Guess Who's Back, BLack Rover, Haruka Mirai were the more iconic BLack Clover songs, which, unfortunately makes both of todays songs just not as comparable. That being said, I do like the ED song as it was instantly making me feel it as the song got going.

Visuals wise, ED was like super sweet and awesome, after the all girls thing Im so glad were back to AstaYuno love and comparisons, which was pretty awesome considering YUNO GAVE ASTA THAT ONE OF A KIND MELT MY HEART TYPE OF SMILE in the episode and it was so so so so worth it. like people compare him to Sasuke, and here its like, when have you ever seen Sasuke do something like that...not anywhere in canon.

OP visuals, my poor Asta's arms, and Vanessa as a caged bird, and Langris Finral, my heart this season. help.

Also Langris VA having THAT voice is cruel, why do they pick one of my favorite voices for him, now Im torn between love and hate

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Decent episode today. I really like the decision to expand on Yuno's fight here because aerial battles aren't something there's much of in Black Clover and this looked kinda cool.

I like the OP and ED songs and the OP visuals are good but there's not the hype that Black Rover and Guess Who's Back brought.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
I like the OP, not as much as the previous 2 but good enough. According to one of the staff, the OP will change as the story moves on, so looking forward to its final form. The ED is good as well and the episode today was decent.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh lord!!!! Really good chapter.

I like that solution was just to flood the room since precise and powerful magic was impossible. Also I'm now a Nozel fan too. It's really nice that he apologized (I guess in shonen, acknowledgement and respect always comes first and then apologies later). Hope he's not dead, though I doubt that's fatal anyway. But damn that Valkyrie Dress spell is dope. Looking forward to seeing how she fights with it.

Noelle is fucking awesome. God I love that power.
First, yes Noelle is fucking awesome indeed.
Second, that power is even cooler when you consider that it's what her mother, Acier Silva used

Shown when Mereoleona was talking about her in the volcano springs arc. Really cool to have Noelle use it now, except with water instead of steel, cause we have Leona say Noelle was like her mother and now Nozel too.

Also Mereoleona said Acier was stronger than her, which makes it even more likely that Noelle will be a monster by the end of this series, especially if there's a timeskip.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Really great chapter this week. I figured Noelle or Nozelle would get a new spell, but I definitely knew that if Noelle got a new spell, it'd be the armor thing her mom had. And looks amazing.

I doubly mad that Quarter Knight might not get a sequel because I would've loved playing in that form. Maybe Bamco will revert to type and do a Ninja Storm game for Black Clover in the future.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Dude!!!!! Noelle!!! Valkyrie dress aaaaaaaaaa
Noelle DOES NOT disappoint!
Really great chapter this week. I figured Noelle or Nozelle would get a new spell, but I definitely knew that if Noelle got a new spell, it'd be the armor thing her mom had. And looks amazing.

I doubly mad that Quarter Knight might not get a sequel because I would've loved playing in that form. Maybe Bamco will revert to type and do a Ninja Storm game for Black Clover in the future.

Yo I thought of that actually...Valkyrie Dress ain't a Quartet Knights spell, it's a goddamn Ninja Storm awakening!! Get CC2 on this asap (god I hope CC2 works on anything anime in the future).

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
I feel bad for Nozel. In universe at least, you'd think he be one of the 3 viable candidates for Magic Emperor, along with William and Fuego, but he's shown nothing on their level. He needs a decent W.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I feel bad for Nozel. In universe at least, you'd think he be one of the 3 viable candidates for Magic Emperor, along with William and Fuego, but he's shown nothing on their level. He needs a decent W.
True. As far as captains go, it's been mostly Yami, Fuego and Leona who have had the really hype stuff. I guess that may have been because Nozel hadn't been someone we were meant to actually like until very recently (hell he only apologized today lol). But Nozel did say that he wanted to take care of Patry during the raid so he might be in that fight, after some healing. I imagine right now Patry is much stronger than when he fought Yami so Yami may not be able to take care of him alone. Or maybe he takes part in the fight against the real Licht.
--------
Today is actually Asta and Yuno's birthday, which reminds me that I hope to learn more about the circumstances of their births.

Because it is interesting that those two were just left in front of the church together, especially because they're both special people, with Asta being the only person in their world without magic and with Yuno seemingly being related to Licht/Tetia, having a special and valuable necklace that you wouldn't imagine some random orphan would have and having royalty/noble-level magic.
Who even left them there?

Part of me wants to consider the possibility that they're both from the Diamond Kingdom (which I think I may have brought up here before but I'm not sure) and that that's another way the Diamond arc would be made important beyond just helping Mars. Because the only other known orphans in the whole series are either from there (Mars, Fana, maybe Ladros) or at the church and thy're known to make weird experiments on children and clearly Asta's not normal. But that may just be me trying to find an explanation where there isn't meant to be one really, and Asta seems to have been born with his condition while the Diamonds have only been shown experimenting on children that looked to be 8-10 years old, and also in Yuno's case what would the descendant of an elf and a Clover royal be doing in that kingdom (though what was Fana doing there? And where were Vetto and Raia). Anyway, not much to go on as far as where those two come from.

At the very least I want to know who left them at the church.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm satisfied with this turn of events. I also find it funny how some people are calling Nozel a mom-con and a sis-con now.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
https://shonenjumpplus.com/episode/10834108156636211659
I skimmed through the first spin off chapter out of curiosity. Artist draws Asta really well. Would be neat if Viz picks this up like vigilantes.
So flashback I assume? Seems awkward from a storytelling standpoint? Would have fit in better before he broke his arms.

Eh, at least it's being animated.
I wonder if the initial order of episodes was just for a year so they didn't think they'd get to it. Flashback is better than nothing though, maybe I'll check out those episodes.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah hopefully Viz picks this up.
Also now watch out for Karna in the main manga lol. (hell she could even be made the Bulls Vice Captain but Tabata would have to change a bit of stuff from the game.)

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that was a great chapter and Valkyrie Armor, Noelle is awesome.

Now I need Noelle for Jump Force!

Respect to Nozel.

OP
OP
Dedication Through Light
Oct 25, 2017
Today's petite clover was just as good as the episode.

I love seeing people fighting over Yuno but its like Yuno heart is only focus and on Asta (though he did at least seems to be grateful to Charmy and he apologized)
DpEcuEJWwAAXa2X.jpg:small
DpEcuETXgAAD1yV.jpg:small

DpEcuEEWwAowcy2.jpg:small

Beyond the AstaYuno moments, I thought Finral standing up for his squad to Langris was pretty awesome and the fighting was awesome with Asta and his mouth sword.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nice episode today. My favorite moments with Yuno are always when he tells people not to underestimate Asta.
It's cool to see Langris here when he recently came back in the manga and the Finral/Langris arc is presumably gonna reach its conclusion. I finished re-reading the tournament arc yesterday and I found Langris to be a more interesting character than I first thought so I'm looking forward to the upcoming chapters with him. (although I assume it'll be Silva house first then Vermillion then Kira which is where Ratry/Langris is so it may take a few weeks)

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What William said to Julius before giving control to Patry
ubGOx3Dl.jpg

"that my mana pointed out to me" is interesting. Suggests that it wasn't just Patry blatantly saying "pick this dude and that one over there!!" but it does confirm suspicions of Patry having had a role in making it so 99% of the members were elves. But then why Mimosa? Who, interestingly, isn't pictured here despite being one of the notable GD members. Could she have been a backdoor member like Noelle and Zora, as opposed to those who took the exam like Asta (cause right now, I believe the only known rookies who were shown at the exam are Asta, Yuno and Sekke)? But if so, why would she have entered GD? Just what is the deal with Mimosa? I'm very curious and hoping to find out soon cause the GD stuff is interesting but also Mimosa's just one of my favorite characters.

Anyway, besides that, Mereoleona is still immensely hype. And the start of the raid really makes it clear that Nozel wants revenge for Fuego so he's just got to have something big coming up in the arc, otherwise he won't really compare to the other captains as ArgyleReptile pointed out.
And now that I now Henry has appeared in the manga at least twice prior to this arc, his introduction is even cooler.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Pretty good video by Gigguk, an anime YouTuber who made a video about Black Clover last year when the anime started and decided to revisit the topic. He talks about how the manga compares to the anime, how the arcs that have now been adapted (as well as manga-only stuff) compare to the beginning which is all the anime had to go on last year, the strengths in the cast of characters (with particular focus on Yami and Asta), pacing and usage of tropes and how BC overall finds its identity. It's cool to see he's enjoying it more, though even in last year's vid I think he said that the manga didn't have the anime's problems.

Something particularly interesting he brings up is how it feels like a "2003 anime in 2018" which feels accurate because not many Jump series nowadays are adapted in non-seasonal productions like Black Clover is. Of the current Jump series, I think the only ones that started this decade and have had adaptations of this sort are Black Clover, Boruto and World Trigger.

I'd make a thread but ehh, I don't really feel like making one just to mostly get "Nah it still sucks" or "I'm still good" replies.

For reference, here's last year's video.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nah it still sucks.

Just messing. I do agree that I just read the manga at this point and catch occasional moments I really like in the anime.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Good video, I agree with most of what he said. I liked that he highlighted Asta not giving up on his arms part, since it is one of my favourite part of the series.(should be next episode btw)

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nah it still sucks.

Just messing. I do agree that I just read the manga at this point and catch occasional moments I really like in the anime.
Lol. But yeah while I've been liking the anime more recently, I still think what you're doing is the way to go and is what I recommend. I do with Black Clover what I did with Naruto Shippuden where I watch the anime and then when there's a standout episode, I go tell my friends to check it out but otherwise I don't tell them to follow it in addition to the manga.
Good video, I agree with most of what he said. I liked that he highlighted Asta not giving up on his arms part, since it is one of my favourite part of the series.(should be next episode btw)
Honestly that moment is when I started loving Asta when I first read the series. I always liked him, except maybe the very start where I didn't care too much, but that moment just took it to another level for me. Especially because in the fight against Vetto, when Vetto outlines Asta's weaknesses (which is a pretty cool moment btw cause it's Vetto trying to psychologically affect his opponent without just shouting "DESPAIR" repeatedly), Asta says that not knowing when to give up is not a weakness but rather the only weapon he's got and then that moment on top of the rock came and that's when I really was able to buy into that line.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite moment happens shortly after with him breaking down in tears after seeing all his friends trying to find ways to save his arms. It's just as powerful.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That first page saying "Royals ars lazy. They don't do shit, especially not training or risking their lives,etc." and then saying "Noelle has..." gave me chills lol. Seeing her enjoying magic is cool and I like that Nozel got to see it.
From the look on the elf woman's face though, it doesn't look like a final blow too much. Maybe next week we get Zora and maybe also a hint at demon transformation but she's stopped before it's complete, which happened in the Luck fight and the Hage village fight. Or maybe it is a final blow and Zora is just taking care of the rest of that elf's team. I'm eager to see the Vermillion fight but also to see more of Noelle fighting so I'd be happy regardless lol.

Noelle for best Jump heroine.
She's easily up there for sure, if not at the top.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Noelle's definitely up there. Definitely the best any current publication in the magazine.

Chapter was great, though I wish both double spreads had a bit more clarity and some more epicness. It took me a second read to understand that Noelle's magic caused the Compass Magic to go crazy, instead of the other way around. At first glance, it looks like Noelle's magic is just no selling the Compass Magic's wild spinning that they did last chapter.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
She's had conversations with other girls/women that aren't about men though. She's talked about stuff like her family and her troubles with magic control and such with Mimosa, Vanessa, Kahono and Mereoleona.
I remember most of her magic talks eventually coming around to mentioning Asta in some way and her family talks being about either Solid or Nozel, but I could be remembering incorrectly. That happens when you marathon the whole series in like 4 hours.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I remember most of her magic talks eventually coming around to mentioning Asta in some way and her family talks being about either Solid or Nozel, but I could be remembering incorrectly. That happens when you marathon the whole series in like 4 hours.
With Mereoleona she discussed her mother and I think with Kahono she discussed her family at a broad level I think, though we know that Solid and Nozel were her more notable critics compared to Nebra who's just kinda there. With the magic stuff I think Asta mostly comes up as an inspiration when she's fighting but with Mimosa they talked about how other royals/nobles judged her as a kid when she trained and with Vanessa, they went shopping for magic control/training stuff and before that Vanessa offered to help her train. Though still, Asta does remain a big part of the topic when it comes to her training.

And yeah when I binge these things it can turn into a blur for me too lol. This stuff is mostly fresh for me cause I'd been re-reading the series over the past month and a half and finished yesterday.
---------
Btw, it's so funny in a dumb way to me that apparently a lot of the royals and nobles in this series are like "UGGHH...training..." and just scoff at the notion. You'd think they'd look at how strong Mereoleona is and think "oh maybe training isn't so bad".

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Btw, it's so funny in a dumb way to me that apparently a lot of the royals and nobles in this series are like "UGGHH...training..." and just scoff at the notion. You'd think they'd look at how strong Mereoleona is and think "oh maybe training isn't so bad".

They probably view her as "uncouth" or automatically assume they are equals anyway thanks to their nobility.