• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Dedication Through Light
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome justification for how most of the characters are gaining new attacks, while most of the royals dont seem to be developing attacks in the same manner (unless Ive missed count of any that have like the protags, had new pages added to their grimoire in the heat of battle).

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
I caught up with the end of the Water Temple arc of the anime, slowly but surely. It was really awesome to see the episode where she succeeded in using the magic to help them get to the Water Temple and showed flashbacks of her family right after I had read the chapter in the manga where she had flashbacks to those same conversations with Nozel and family right before she powered up.

The end of the Water Temple arc felt like the end of a RPG game or RPG quest with all the villagers celebrating what they did and having a heartfelt goodbye.

The Water Temple Arc was great, but man Studio Pierrot really cheaped out in certain places. I don't know if I've seen another show that legit had characters talking without lips moving for an extended amount of time.

Charmy is great Laa~

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Really good episode, happy they adapted my favourite scenes well, and I like the little extra scene they added with Gordon and Gauche. Next week is the light novel episode, looking forward to it.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I caught up with the end of the Water Temple arc of the anime, slowly but surely. It was really awesome to see the episode where she succeeded in using the magic to help them get to the Water Temple and showed flashbacks of her family right after I had read the chapter in the manga where she had flashbacks to those same conversations with Nozel and family right before she powered up.

The end of the Water Temple arc felt like the end of a RPG game or RPG quest with all the villagers celebrating what they did and having a heartfelt goodbye.

The Water Temple Arc was great, but man Studio Pierrot really cheaped out in certain places. I don't know if I've seen another show that legit had characters talking without lips moving for an extended amount of time.

Charmy is great Laa~

Nothing about it being cheapened out. The director was just thrown into this series and also asked on Twitter for help. All the good guys were and are busy and for that i have to give major props with the anime still being entertaining (and sometimes delivering). I hoped for a break so that the team would be able to plan and all and have enough prep time but they are getting killed.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Man I really enjoyed today's episode. Flashback heavy almost like a recap one but it was fitting and made it pretty emotional. They adapted those chapters really well and the voice actors did a very good job! Also the music was on point.
Oh and the brief but still extended look at Magna and Luck in front of the dungeon was nice to see. I remember when a friend was catching up on the series, he told me he would've liked to see what they did there. I doubt the anime will expand on that but it could be interesting as it would help make the Magna/Luck bond more believable and strengthen their parts in the tournament and even more importantly the fight with Rufel/Elf-Luck.

The new version of the OP is so hype. I got so excited when seeing Ladros and Noelle's Dragon Roar (yo Noelle looks MAD when she launches the spell). And the way it transitions from Noelle's attack creating vapor to the vapor revealing a close-up of Fana who then flares up the area and Mars walks through it is just so good! The action scenes make it hype enough to stand with Black Rover and Guess Who is Back for me, rather than the first two OPs which is where this was for me before (aka I liked it but I wasn't really crazy about it). The ED I liked from the start but it seems more fun every time I listen to it lol.
(Btw the new OP's full version is already on iTunes/Apple Music and presumably other services. Just gotta search for "Miyuna" (artist) or "Gamushara" (track title)

Excited to finally see the Light Novel stuff next week.

I never saw it that way but you're right lol. The way that I always saw it was the end of a One Piece arc. I mean to begin with, the arc kinda felt like that since it was about going to a new place and the location itself was important and different (it's partly why I really want a Diamond Kingdom arc cause I get One Piece vibes from picturing that too lol) but at the end it reminded me of OP because of how they're the saviors of the place and everyone loves them so much and it even has them recovering there in the aftermath with some levity before leaving.

Btw Trojita I hate that I forgot to ask you your thoughts on the new OP before this week since it changed now lol. Gotta let me know what you think when you get to it.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing about it being cheapened out. The director was just thrown into this series and also asked on Twitter for help. All the good guys were and are busy and for that i have to give major props with the anime still being entertaining (and sometimes delivering). I hoped for a break so that the team would be able to plan and all and have enough prep time but they are getting killed.

I was unaware there was a new director on board trying to find his footing. Animation is a super hard industry to work in; I was just surprised that there were seconds of a forefront character with a closed mouth talking.

Btw Trojita I hate that I forgot to ask you your thoughts on the new OP before this week since it changed now lol. Gotta let me know what you think when you get to it.

If it is the OP after "Guess Whose Back", I haven't seen it yet!

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
Silfer

I just saw the 5th OP, the one that comes after "Guess who's back?"

q85Bui5.gif

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Silfer

I just saw the 5th OP, the one that comes after "Guess who's back?"

q85Bui5.gif
Yeah it's tough to go from Guess who's back to the new one. I liked the song from the start but the visuals weren't hype. But let me know what you think about the updated version cause I love that one! (hell, according to a post from PhantomKnight we may get more than one update lol)

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
BEAST.
I'm ready to learn more about her. Her being unreasonably strong and skilled has been teased a few times and she's the only person in the manga to have been referred to as a "beast" besides Vetto which makes me curious (Vetto was gonna call Asta beast then he said "no, a demon"). I can't wait for the time where she actually has to go all out since she's been purposely kept away from the big battles so far (which is partly why I don't like how the anime added her/Gauche/Grey to the Vetto fight just so she could do basically nothing).

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Good chapter. I like that we got that flashback of their mother. Nozel being the only one with his mother's magic makes his bond with her even cooler but the more interesting part is the one about Acier being the strongest captain.
I just checked the wiki and Nozel is a year older than Yami, meaning he would've received his grimoire earlier. When Yami became a Magic Knight, he joined Julius' squad (Ashen Deer I think). This means that Acier would've been stronger than Julius. That seemed surprising to me at first but I thought back to Mereoleona saying that Acier was stronger than her so it doesn't seem too improbable.
And also...she's a royal lol.

That makes thinking about how OP Noelle could get pretty interesting but for now it means that Nozel needs to show much more than he already has.

Besides that, I'm happy that compass woman is down and Zora is back. Oh and pretty convenient they just have a healer on hand lol (btw damn Solid is in a bad way right now)

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Nozel being the only one with his mother's magic makes his bond with her even cooler but the more interesting part is the one about Acier being the strongest captain.

One translation made it seem like she was just a strong captain, but another had it where she was the strongest of all the Captains. Wonder which one is more correct. Though, as you said, her being a noble and stronger than Mereoleona doesn't make it too surprising that she was stronger than Julius as well. Maybe we'll see some past interactions with the previous generation of Captains sometime.

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The [redacted] chapter made it seem like she was just a strong captain, but [redacted] had it where she was the strongest of all the Captains. Wonder which one is more correct. Though, as you said, her being a noble and stronger than Mereoleona doesn't make it too surprising that she was stronger than Julius as well. Maybe we'll see some past interactions with the previous generation of Captains sometime.
We can't name scan providers.
I'd only read the first one but I checked the other and they actually both say "strongest" so I don't doubt the translation for now (one translation I'm curious about though is about Nozel "fortifying" his body with his magic, seemed to me like he just closed his wound so I'm waiting for Viz on that one).

Her being stronger than Julius is very interesting cause it means she could've been Wizard King QUEEN if not for her death in Noelle's birth (presumably very soon after the flashback we saw since she seemed in the late pregnancy stages).

And yeah flashback of past captains would be cool but honestly this made me wish for an interaction between Julius and Noelle. Unfortunately he's too dead for that now

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the heads up. Thought we just couldn't post the watermarked scans.

I'm curious because one made it seem like she was just another captain leading a squad, while another said she was the strongest captain.

Yeah, sjr definitely would've been the Magic Empress had it not been for her untimely death.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
YOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noelle best current Jump Heroine without a doubt. She just went from her Valkyrie mode to sea dragon roar blast like it was nothing.

So was Noelle's mom the original royal and the father married into the family? I mean Silva aka silver is metallish and could go somewhat with steel. Or is the Silva family water users, in contrast to the Vermillion family?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
YOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noelle best current Jump Heroine without a doubt. She just went from her Valkyrie mode to sea dragon roar blast like it was nothing.

So was Noelle's mom the original royal and the father married into the family? I mean Silva aka silver is metallish and could go somewhat with steel. Or is the Silva family water users, in contrast to the Vermillion family?

Noelle's mom is Silva from birth. The water/fire contrast is probably just a lucky coincidence from who she married, though I'd never actually thought of that contrast and it's pretty cool.

Also Silva from birth is Mimosa and Kirsch's unknown mother, who is Acier's sister and married a man from the Vermillion house so their children have the Vermillion name but have Silva blood too. Mimosa and Kirsch both have plant-based magic (actual "Plant Magic" for Mimosa and "Cherry Blossom Magic" for Kirsch) and I was gonna write about how that may be tied into their Silva bloodline due to metal and plant types of magic both probably being part of the greater "Earth" type of magic in the series...but now I literally just remembered a discussion with NSESN on the MHA where he told me "silva" in portuguese means "forest" so it's actually pretty possible that there's kinda two meanings to the name which are represented through those two families, which is pretty cool!

(Oh and the situation with Mimosa's mother tells us that Noelle's father is probably not royal from Vermillion or Kira because if he was, Acier probably would've joined that family like her sister did. So Noelle's father is probably "just" a noble.)

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
YOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely. How is she so badass? T_T I feel so proud

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
Noelle's mom is Silva from birth. The water/fire contrast is probably just a lucky coincidence from who she married, though I'd never actually thought of that contrast and it's pretty cool.

Also Silva from birth is Mimosa and Kirsch's unknown mother, who is Acier's sister and married a man from the Vermillion house so their children have the Vermillion name but have Silva blood too. Mimosa and Kirsch both have plant-based magic (actual "Plant Magic" for Mimosa and "Cherry Blossom Magic" for Kirsch) and I was gonna write about how that may be tied into their Silva bloodline due to metal and plant types of magic both probably being part of the greater "Earth" type of magic in the series...but now I literally just remembered a discussion with NSESN on the MHA where he told me "silva" in portuguese means "forest" so it's actually pretty possible that there's kinda two meanings to the name which are represented through those two families, which is pretty cool!

(Oh and the situation with Mimosa's mother tells us that Noelle's father is probably not royal from Vermillion or Kira because if he was, Acier probably would've joined that family like her sister did. So Noelle's father is probably "just" a noble.)
Yeah after I made my post I found the family tree

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure this was intentional, but Vermilion is both color red representing the fire of the Fuegoleon, Mereoleona, and Leopold side of the family; but Vermillion (the color) was first made with the earth mineral cinnabar, also representing Mimosa and Kirch's side of the family (Mimosa and Kirch both use earth magic).

Silva aka Silver is an earth metal. Noelle's mom used Steel magic, an earth element magic type. (In the real world Silva means forest or woodland though).

The main royal family is named Kira, likely named after the Wizard King that they claim lineage from. Kira Kira means glittering or shiny, a nod to 1st Wizard King's spell type.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
but Vermillion (the color) was first made with the earth mineral cinnabar, also representing Mimosa and Kirch's side of the family

The main royal family is named Kira, likely named after the Wizard King that they claim lineage from. Kira Kira means glittering or shiny, a nod to 1st Wizard King's spell type.
Interesting! I wonder if the current king has light magic too. He showed his magic a bit at the festival but there was no indication of what type it is. I hope it's just some lame light magic with no actual spells.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting! I wonder if the current king has light magic too. He showed his magic a bit at the festival but there was no indication of what type it is. I hope it's just some lame light magic with no actual spells.
I highly doubt it since Light is probably a really specialized type, with Wizard King / That stupid elf poser being the only ones that we know of that have had the 4 leaf clover book with the light type.

We should start declaring guesses to what we think is going to happen or be revealed

Asta is eventually going to get full access to the purified form of his grimoire and will be wielding Licht's sword magic.
a) Yes
b) No

Asta won't get access to mana, will keep his anti-magic ability, and will specialize in his demonic form.
a) Yes
b) No

Nero is...
a) a bird with Licht's soul inside
b) a bird with the first Wizard King's soul inside
c) a regular bird

Noelle will at some point form a contract with the water magic elemental (Undine?)
a) Yes
b) No

The reincarnation of Licht/Human Princess' unborn son is
a) Asta
b) Yuno
c) Yami

The massacre of the elf village was caused by a closed time loop created by Fake!Licht's light magic being sent in time by Julius Novachrono. (having just caught up with the anime, that scene in the anime REALLY supports this theory)
a) Yes
b) No

Mimosa is the reincarnation of the Human Princess. This would explain why Mimosa was recruited into the Golden Dawn, even if Fake!Licht hates royals, he was still attracted to her soul. (Also this is going to be awkward if Asta or Yuno are the reincarnation of her son)
a) Yes
b) No

Asta's demon is
a) The demon the original Wizard King sealed
b) another unknown entity

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I highly doubt it since Light is probably a really specialized type, with Wizard King / That stupid elf poser being the only ones that we know of that have had the 4 leaf clover book with the light type.
Then...Tabata should just give the king useless "Shining Magic" that just makes him really shiny when he activates it (but is still somehow really impressive cause it's a LOT of magic power lol) and that's why he didn't become a magic knight like other royals.

As for the guess
"Asta is eventually going to get full access to the purified form of his grimoire and will be wielding Licht's sword magic."

For this I both think and want it to be no. Because if Asta's grimoire gets purified then there's neither demon nor 5th clover which is what makes him special (and I always assumed the 5th clover was the titular "black clover" since that's the only thing that made sense to me lol). I think sword-wise, at some point he'll get his second sword back from Licht, keep the 3rd sword he got this arc and just end up with 3 swords with different properties for different scenarios. It'd be interesting to see him use the two smaller/lighter swords together since they both presumably are easier to swing and both do special stuff with magic (one channeling ally magic, the other asborbs/removes enemy spell effects)

"Asta won't get access to mana, will keep his anti-magic ability, and will specialize in his demonic form."

Yes.

Nero is...
a) a bird with Licht's soul inside
b) a bird with the first Wizard King's soul inside
c) a regular bird

So...I think we can rule out "regular bird" from the get go lol. After being shown to detect special swords and magic stones and somehow being drawn to Asta, him being a normal bird seems improbable. I had never thought about him having Licht's soul, rather just being tied to the elves, but that would be interesting and there was weird stuff going on with Licht when he reincarnated.

Noelle will at some point form a contract with the water magic elemental (Undine?)

This one is tricky for me. It seems fair to assume that the spirits go to whoever is meant to be the strongest user of their element and it's fair to assume Noelle would be the strongest water user by the end of the series. Additionally, Noelle straight up has a living entity inside her wand (Bruce...from the light novel...sigh) so maybe that ends up being the spirit. However, out of 4 known kingdoms (and even then, that's just on there continent and not counting the Asia-equivalent Yami's from), Clover already has 2 of the 4 spirits so getting even one more would be stacking it too much when there are two known enemy kingdoms. And when I think of a potential fight between Noelle and another water user with the spirit, I can't help but love the idea (makes me think of how Fairy Tail had fights between "X-Type Dragon Slayer" and "X-type God Slayer" for example).
My official "feel free to shame when wrong" answer is no. But I'm not convinced.

a) Asta
b) Yuno
c) Yami

Going with the safe Yuno bet here. Him getting possessed an elf and yet not losing control of his body and having "no sense of self" for the first few minutes of the possession makes to much sense for an unborn baby. Add to that him using wind magic like Tetia and Raia referring to him as "Licht's..." in his mind and I just don't see how it's not him.

The massacre of the elf village was caused by a closed time loop created by Fake!Licht's light magic being sent in time by Julius Novachrono. (having just caught up with the anime, that scene in the anime REALLY supports this theory)

Now this one...I thought was funny to think about back when Julius negated the attack in the manga and you brought up that theory, then the anime episode happened and yeah it legit looks like a time portal opened. I'm looking at it again (it's in Episode 46, at around 17:40 mark for anyone curious...wish I could gif things...) and the circle around the spell looks like what you see on Julius' magic and then the actual light arrows look like they're just flooding/bursting out of a portal. When Patry used the spell to kill the Clover people, there was no circle around the spell itself and if Patry has the same magic as the 1st WK, then you would expect the 1st WK's spell to look similar to Licht's.

Mimosa is the reincarnation of the Human Princess. This would explain why Mimosa was recruited into the Golden Dawn, even if Fake!Licht hates royals, he was still attracted to her soul. (Also this is going to be awkward if Asta or Yuno are the reincarnation of her son)

This is very interesting! I just figured that she looked like Tetia because she's a descendant (not direct descendant since Tetia was killed) and that Patry picked her because she looked like Tetia. However, her being a reincarnation makes a lot of sense because it makes sense that Licht would try to save his wife along with the other elves and we know Patry can tell who's a reincarnation and that would perfectly explain why she's in GD (and feel more real than "you just reminded me of her")

Asta's demon is
a) The demon the original Wizard King sealed
b) another unknown entity

This one I don't even know what to think about lol. The demon 1st WK sealed was Licht and Asta uses Licht's weapons so it seems to track but there is so much going on with Licht's soul that it's hard. Asta's grimoire seems to be a corrupted version of Licht's. Licht had a four leaf clover. Asta has a five and #5 is the "demon"...

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
While I don't think the current King has light magic, I'm assuming he'll have some variation of wind magic.

Asta is eventually going to get full access to the purified form of his grimoire and will be wielding Licht's sword magic.

Nah. That would basically give him a magic.

Asta won't get access to mana, will keep his anti-magic ability, and will specialize in his demonic form.

Yes. I think he'll be getting one more sword as well.

Nero is...

I'm not sure. Him being Licht or the OG Magic Emperor would work, but Licht would make more sense given the whole reincarnation thing.

No. I want her to fight against the Water Elemental and surpass them.

Fairly certain it's Yuno.

Yes.

That would explain why she was there. Would also explain why the elves didn't straight up kill her after they turned.

Asta's demon is

I'm going with unknown entity. I'm also of the opinion that something happened between the time Patry passed and saw Licht's spell and the attack of the demon on Clover, maybe absolving Licht of the blame.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I just caught up with the last ~10 or so chapters and just wanted to drop in to mention that Noelle is freaking awesome.
That Valkyrie Dress.

Can't disagree with that.
Yeah Noelle's great! As a fan I'm very happy for this fight cause in the raid itself she didn't get much lol but now we get a cool fight, power up and even some nice family development.

Now I'm hoping for some good stuff from Mimosa if we see the events in the other house. Not that she's as important obviously but still it'd be nice and this should be a big arc for her considering she's a Golden Dawn member and will have to fight her teammates who turned.

OP
OP
Dedication Through Light
Oct 25, 2017
omg again at Charmy's legs turning to jelly and falling as Yuno's magical smile works wonders on everyone, only Asta's anti magic is able to endure it head on, perfect rivals.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting episode today. Animation was way off which is unfortunate but at least it was still entertaining due to being the LN stuff I only knew bits of. I didn't expect Asta to have met Fanzell prior to becoming a Magic Knight because of how other BB members also knew Fanzell but I guess it makes sense since Asta had to have learned swordfighting at some point (I just thought he called Fanzell "teacher" because they were training during downtime). When Mariella showed up I wondered if they were gonna change up stuff because I knew she was an assassin from her description in Volume 10 but she didn't seem like it at first.

I hope the next episode looks better, at least the preview seems to suggest it does.
(I wish the show looked like the ED lol)

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't expect Asta to have met Fanzell prior to becoming a Magic Knight because of how other BB members also knew Fanzell but I guess it makes sense since Asta had to have learned swordfighting at some point (I just thought he called Fanzell "teacher" because they were training during downtime).
I didn't expect that too, which makes me think if they'll manage to adapt the rest of the LN stuff for next episode, since they still have to put in Bruce somewhere. I don't really want a flashback scene in middle of the action during witch forest arc.

(I wish the show looked like the ED lol)
The series director, storyboarded and animated the whole ED.

Also, saw on Reddit that the series director will be directing and storyboarding episode 63(which might be the Black Asta part), and they're bringing their best animators, so that should look good.(ep59, should also look good too appearantly)

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The series director, storyboarded and animated the whole ED.
Damn that's pretty cool. Then I really like his visual style.
Also, saw on Reddit that the series director will be directing and storyboarding episode 63(which might be the Black Asta part), and they're bringing their best animators, so that should look good.(ep59, should also look good too appearantly)
Good to know, I'm looking forward to it. At least it's good to know every so often we get very good looking episodes with this adaptation.

Fox1304

Oct 26, 2017
I've recently started this, and it's pretty good in a "I'm a assumed Shonen and will ride those tropes and cliches to death, and you'll love me for it" kind of way.
Pleasant to read, currently on the Tournament for the Royal Knights composition, and it's fun to follow & discover all characters/powers and such.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've recently started this, and it's pretty good in a "I'm a assumed Shonen and will ride those tropes and cliches to death, and you'll love me for it" kind of way.
Pleasant to read, currently on the Tournament for the Royal Knights composition, and it's fun to follow & discover all characters/powers and such.
Welcome! Feel free to post your impressions on events you read as you catch up.
I recently read the tournament again and it's indeed very fun to see the different kinds of magic and how they're used. "Cherry Blossom Magic" isn't something I thought I wanted but then I got it and loved it lol.

Fox1304

Oct 26, 2017
Welcome! Feel free to post your impressions on events you read as you catch up.
I recently read the tournament again and it's indeed very fun to see the different kinds of magic and how they're used. "Cherry Blossom Magic" isn't something I thought I wanted but then I got it and loved it lol.
Will do !
For now I've found the Magic Witches Arc (not sure what it's really called :D) pretty disappointing. Lacked stakes and length. Not too fond of that evil new guy that came at the tournament, let's see how it goes !

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Will do !
For now I've found the Magic Women Arc (not sure what it's really called :D) pretty disappointing. Lacked stakes and length.
Do you mean the one where they went to heal Asta's arms and fought against the fire magic woman (Fana), the Diamond Kingdom guy (Ladros) and the Witch Queen, aka the "Witch Forest" arc? Cause Magic Women makes me think of that but since you talk about lack of stakes and length, I feel you may be referring to the Volcano springs arc (where they train with the crazy intense woman) since that ones short (whereas the Witch Forest is the longest one in the series at the point you're at).
Not too fond of that evil new guy that came at the tournament, let's see how it goes !
Oho that's interesting! Definitely need updated thoughts on evil new guy as you see more of him lol

Fox1304

Oct 26, 2017
Do you mean the one where they went to heal Asta's arms and fought against the fire magic woman (Fana), the Diamond Kingdom guy (Ladros) and the Witch Queen, aka the "Witch Forest" arc? Cause Magic Women makes me think of that but since you talk about lack of stakes and length, I feel you may be referring to the Volcano springs arc (where they train with the crazy intense woman) since that ones short (whereas the Witch Forest is the longest one in the series at the point you're at).

Oho that's interesting! Definitely need updated thoughts on evil new guy as you see more of him lol

Yep that's witch forest !
I've found the arm healing too quick and no emotional resonnance to Vanessa (?).

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yep that's witch forest !
I've found the arm healing too quick and no emotional resonnance to Vanessa (?).
Yeah if you didn't care about Vanessa much before this arc, I can see why the Witch Forest wouldn't be interesting. And Asta's arms were healed quicker than I anticipated too. I thought that if fighting was to happen then he'd be on the sidelines or not at 100% until closer to the end but I did like that it lead to the queen observing him and taking control of him after deciding he has potential.

I personally love the arc haha. I like how it built on the team up from the end of the Water Temple arc (Asta/Vanessa/Finral + Noelle), how it took place in an open environment as opposed to underground and how it blended Diamond and Midnight Sun stories (I think at first I expected them to fight the actual witches lol).

Fox1304

Oct 26, 2017
The battles were pretty satisfying, but yeah it missed impact (for me).
I've finished the Tournament arc last night, it was great, even though some battles went by pretty quickly. Great to see the power-dynamic change with each reunion, and (as you guessed) I've started appreciating the trap & smoke wizard. Looking forward to seeing his character progress. Finral's brother events were pretty intense, and nice. I'd like to see Yuno have some more trouble for some change, he's flying over everyone a bit too much at the moment, but I guess it'll come soon enough.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The battles were pretty satisfying, but yeah it missed impact (for me).
I've finished the Tournament arc last night, it was great, even though some battles went by pretty quickly. Great to see the power-dynamic change with each reunion, and (as you guessed) I've started appreciating the trap & smoke wizard. Looking forward to seeing his character progress. Finral's brother events were pretty intense, and nice. I'd like to see Yuno have some more trouble for some change, he's flying over everyone a bit too much at the moment, but I guess it'll come soon enough.

Nice! Zora and the stuff between Finral and Langris are indeed really nice elements of that arc.
I 100% agree that Yuno needs to be shown struggling more. It's weird because he's kinda meant to be seen as above Asta so that we can look forward to Asta catching up but also somewhat equal to him (cause he considers Asta to be an equal) and so when we see Asta struggle so often, it would be nice to see Yuno struggle too when he shows up.

Fox1304

Oct 26, 2017
I'm loving the Flaming Lioness Girl. Out of nowhere, doesn't care about ranks or anything, pure shonen hothead. Glad to see she's having more & more time on the manga.
Laughed out loud at the attack on the ennemy's HQ : "Do as you care, IDGAF" : typical of Black Clover, and perfectly in tone.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Lmao the king really does have just some useless Light Magic (and a three-leaf clover, making him the first known Light-user without a four-leaf grimoire). And Elf Langris just did not give a shit lol. I like how his magic fits the nonchalant attitude he kinda has (when his brother isn't here), just swiping away at air and erasing everything.
Finral looking cool right now. I'm looking forward to him saving his brother and them figuring out their relationship.
I love that Yami and Jack just took care of all the other elves in the king's castle. Though now it's interesting if they can't get close to Langris at all.

Fox1304

Oct 26, 2017
I'm on the "elven swap" arc right now, and that opened some pretty nice possibilities. I was pretty sad to see
the magic emperor
go, he was one of my favorite characters. Fire Lion Girl was as awesome as ever, but to be honest I kind of read quickly all the elven backstory, as I find the characters pretty dull and boring ... Looking forward to the fights at least.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm on the "elven swap" arc right now, and that opened some pretty nice possibilities. I was pretty sad to see
the magic emperor
go, he was one of my favorite characters. Fire Lion Girl was as awesome as ever, but to be honest I kind of read quickly all the elven backstory, as I find the characters pretty dull and boring ... Looking forward to the fights at least.
I'm calling the "Revengeance" arc lol. But yeah Julius' death is really sad (no need to tag here btw) and Mereoleona is amazing. She's one of my favorite manga characters. She's so intense I can't help but get hyped up when she's on-screen.
Not a good image of it but I think this is one of the better covers
vxiv2oi5hhu11.jpg
Oh shit that's a GOOD cover! The best of the recent ones for sure. I like that there's an actual environment in the background. I don't mind at all the usual backgrounds that are just someone's grimoire but this makes for nice variety. And the coloring is oddly pleasing lol.

OP
OP
Dedication Through Light
Oct 25, 2017
Im now sad about Langris, when this arc is done, he'll probably not be in the path to ascend to the top of Golden Dawn anymore. After watching the newest episode dubbed, I was kind of like Id so give anything to see Yuno v Langris as they challenge each other for the captain of Golden Dawn. I really need this arc to get to the aftermath stage to see what type of fallout there is and how the squads will be handled.

Epic chapter, Langris is precious.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
OP changed again though this time it seems it's just visual effects and camera stuff. It looks nice. And the Black Asta part at the end looks pretty scary now. I'm curious to see if new elements are added as the arc progresses. There's no Salamander Ladros or indication of the Witch controlling Asta but maybe those will go unspoiled.

Anyway, episode was actually pretty good and looked much better than the last one. If only every episode looked like today's, good animation on the action and good models, lighting and all that in the slow parts.

I'm happy they adapted the LN stuff but now I find even more unfortunate they couldn't get some of the stuff in chronologically.

I really need this arc to get to the aftermath stage to see what type of fallout there is and how the squads will be handled.
Yeah the aftermath of this arc is gonna be really interesting. There's gotta be a new WK. The actual king will probably need to reflect on what he and his ancestors have done. Will elves like Licht and Raia just die or will they stay? What happens with Golden Dawn?