• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
Silfer

You were right about the Clover King's magic being a light based cheap knock off! And how convenient it was that it happened right after our conversation.

Also DTL

I don't know man. You might have gone off the deep end this time with Langris love.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
And how convenient it was that it happened right after our conversation.
giphy.gif

I have no insider knowledge

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Good episode today, wished they went a bit more into Bruce instead of just a mentioned. Glad they adapted the light novel, looking forward to now going into the witch forest part.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, Jack is potentially OP. I like the mention that his magic matches his mindset. If he wants to cut something, he puts his mind to it.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
Finral!!!

I was wondering if Jack might end up dying to have some level of casualties.

Hue ha for captain.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nice chapter. I love Jack basically being like "There is nothing I cannot cut" lol.
Went crazy on the spreads this week lol. It's always exciting when I see back to back double pages in this series.
Even if Langris is probably losing this, it's insane that it'll have taken two captains and Finral to do it.

I wonder if the fight will end next week. Seems like that would make for a good length and the end of this chapter seems to suggest they're all launching their final moves but there still hasn't been anyone turning demonic so maybe it'll be Langris since he was already the most far gone prior to the reincarnation and this battle is the one with the most weight since the Luck fight (where demonic transformation was already hinted at).

Also, DAMN that Jump cover!! I can't wait for the Viz magazine to get a clean version of it cause it's sexy as hell. Asta looking regal!
(Oh and the color spread is nice too. Hopefully we'll see those 4 captains together in the manga soon).

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Episode 54 came out dubbed and this is one of those few episodes where I was actually excited to watch it a second time. Asta's VA did a great job on both the "giving up" and "blessed" scenes. And also Yami was funnier than usual. Overall I'm really satisfied with how that ep went as it's a great moment for Asta's character and both the JP and ENG versions handled it well.
-------
Anyway, speaking of Asta, fun fact: it's now been 3 months since he last showed up in the manga (Chapter 167 in the July 30th issue of WSJ). This is now tied with what I assume was the longest gap, which was just earlier this year when the story switched to the attack on the Black Bulls base and the Julius vs Patry fight (which I just realized means Black Clover has, within the last 12 months, spent at least half of those months away from its MC which shows how big the scale of the arc is).

But what's more interesting isn't really the time spent away from Asta, that's merely a fun anecdote, but rather all that has happened since we've switched away from Asta's perspective. It's clear that we turned the clock back and are working towards the point where the Black Bulls arrive. This means that the more that happens, the more the BB have missed and, more importantly, the less there is for them to do. As such, when we do come to the present, it'll most likely be for the final confrontation of the arc.
Of the top of my head, the following things have happened since we went back in time:
  • Yami fought Henry/Marx
  • Yami and Sol fought Elf-Charlotte. No clear winner as everyone is still active. Yami went to the castle. Sol hid Julius' body and went off who knows where. Elf-Charlotte is heading towards her allies.
  • Revchi and Gueldre broke out of prison and went off who knows where.
  • Fuegoleon woke up and got the Fire Spirit. Fuegoleon, Leopold and other Crimson Lions fought Elf-Randall (their Vice Captain). Fuegoleon and co. won, Fuegoleon is the only one currently in fighting shape and is heading towards the capital.
  • Most Golden Dawn elves reunited at GD HQ and headed towards the royal castles, split in 3 groups.
  • Finral woke up, headed towards the royal castles with Yami. Met up with Jack there.
  • The still-friendly members of the raid crew (minus Asta and Yuno) returned to the capital city and headed towards the royal castles.
  • Noelle/Nozel/Zora went to the Silva castle. Mimosa/Kirsch/En went to the Vermilion castle. Yami/Finral/Jack went to the Kira castle. Mereoleona (injured and out of commission) has been left who knows where.
  • The Silva Castle Trio has successfully taken care of their opponents. Noelle and Zora are still in fighting shape. Nozel will presumably get healed and be able to fight.
  • The Vermilion Castle Trio has just encountered their opponents.
  • The Kira Castle Trio has successfully taken care of all their opponents except Ratry (Elf-Langris) who is being fought at the moment
So a lot of the elves have already been eliminated. Presumably Elf-Langris is just about to lose and the elves in the Vermilion castle will be eliminated as well. But until then, right now we have the following characters on the human side who are ready for the final battle:

Black Bull Mecha Crew: Asta, Magna, Vanessa, Luck, Gordon, Charmy, Grey, Henry, Rades, Sally, Valtos
Silva Castle Trio(?): Noelle, Nozel, Zora (Solid and Nebra could potentially join in but who knows)
Kira Castle Trio: Yami, Jack, Finral (assuming they all make it out)
Misc: Yuno (Heading towards the capital, timing of his arrival depends on how long the events after he split from Asta took. I'm betting he'll arrive before Asta so that there's some confusion for the people in the capital over his allegiance and also maybe Asta saves him and he'll owe him on again) Poison Plant Dude that's with Yuno, Fuegoleon, Sol (Yami told her to help within the town and not the castle so she may not partake in the big fight but there's Charlotte stuff going on so who knows), Gueldre, Revchi

I assume at least someone from the Vermilion Castle Trio will make it out but that fight may go differently to have the elves win somewhere and also bring some of the elves big shots into the fight.

Meanwhile on the elf side we have:
Midnight Sun HQ: Licht, Patry, Raia, 9-10 humans-turned-elves from the Raid crew
Misc: Charlotte, Gauche
(there are more elves than these around but a lot of them aren't actual characters with known names/faces and are just scattered around the country)

I may have forgotten characters for both sides of the conflict and it's also possible that some of these characters won't be in the big final battle (I don't like Poison Plant Dude's chances) but I think for the most part, this is what we're looking at for the big fight except for whoever wins the battle at the Vermilion Castle. Humans obviously have the numbers but I think it makes sense given how elf-boosted mages compare to human mages of similar rank (aka they're quite a bit more powerful) and also there are the complete, OP-as-hell, powerhouses that are Licht and Patry. It's gonna be interesting to see who fights who and who fights alongside who.

Anyway, just wanted to assess the current situation in the arc but basically once we get back to Asta, it's gonna be a straight line to the end. And as I already said, the more we see, the less there is for Asta and co. to do but this whole post is just taking into account the (lot of) stuff that has already happened. It's possible that a lot more stuff will keep happening before we reach the present. Basically the only thing we know is that the Midnight Sun HQ is still in the air when the BB arrive so they may just find Yami and co. inside the base rather than arrive when the battle for the various castles is over.

OP
OP
Dedication Through Light
Oct 25, 2017
Episode 54 came out dubbed and this is one of those few episodes where I was actually excited to watch it a second time. Asta's VA did a great job on both the "giving up" and "blessed" scenes. And also Yami was funnier than usual. Overall I'm really satisfied with how that ep went as it's a great moment for Asta's character and both the JP and ENG versions handled it well.
Favorite episode and chapter, I was so emotionally torn, only thing I wish Tabata did was to at least have had a way for Yuno to find out about Asta's cursed condition, maxing angst and hurt :(

-

Epic chapter, Finral continues to be the best support character in the series.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
1974701042.jpg

Black Clover Volume 13: The Royal Knights Selection Test is out today in English.
Please support the official release!

(I really like this cover. Especially Zora's expression and coloring)
Favorite episode and chapter, I was so emotionally torn, only thing I wish Tabata did was to at least have had a way for Yuno to find out about Asta's cursed condition, maxing angst and hurt :(

-

Epic chapter, Finral continues to be the best support character in the series.
Never even thought about Yuno not knowing about that, that is pretty interesting.

OP
OP
Dedication Through Light
Oct 25, 2017
Todays episode was pretty awesome. Everytime the witches kept saying someone outside the witch forest I was like, do they mean Seke?!

I loved how they kept trying to keep it a secret from Asta, but then once he found out, the way his face changed, totally indescribable and awesome feeling it gave me. I cant really think of any other show where we had characters go to such lengths for a protagonist like this show has done this arc. Usually its the other way around, the main character doing it all for someone.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty good episode today. Witch Queen looks good and has a nice VA (and thankfully we'll slow down on the "imperfect" repetitions soon). Also had some good comedy bits and I really liked the Domina Infomercial (helps make Domina a bit more interesting cause she really doesn't have much in the manga). It's weird how excited I'm getting for the adaptation of this arc. I wonder if they'll expand on some of the smaller action scenes outside of the big Fana/Ladros fights.

I cant really think of any other show where we had characters go to such lengths for a protagonist like this show has done this arc. Usually its the other way around, the main character doing it all for someone.

Yeah it usually is the main character doing this. Only other thing that comes to mind with an arc like this is Hunter x Hunter.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Good chapter today.
I really liked the paneling on Jack's slash in the second page. Was disappointed that Yami's technique wasn't actually named "go to sleep". That panel of Finral and Langris on the ground gave me Naruto vibes lol. I wonder if they're out for the arc or if when the Black Bulls show up, Asta will heal the elf possession and they'll join the fight again (Asta seems to be the only way for Langris to join the fight since he's not only still possessed, he also seems restrained by Yami's magic in the last page). Still no demon turn though.

Licht having an artificial body is interesting cause it seemed as though he was revived like a Dragon Ball character before. I wonder if Sally had something to do with that and could maybe help deal with him. The stuff about his soul made me think back to Trojita's suggestion that Nero is Licht and now I'm into it (also after forgetting about it, I again noticed yesterday while reading Vol13 that Nero has little demon horns and Licht is the only character to have turned demonic so far so that, along with his tie to Asta and knowledge of Licht's swords, makes it even more possible).

Gauche's elf being named Droite is some good stupid I can get behind. Though now I wonder if we're just gonna skip over what's going on with Mimosa and co.

Edit: Also interesting that Yuno's necklace is a magic stone. Makes sense as a precedent was set with Fuegoleon and that in turn ties Yuno even more closely to royalty (though it already seemed way too fancy for an orphaned commoner). I hope this means we'll learn more about the circumstances of Yuno/Asta's births and how they were left at the church cause I'm really curious about that.

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Got the wife starting the anime(I know I know but she don't like manga)
Hey man if you're growing the BC family, can't complain about how you do it.
I also can't complain if you subtly bring up the manga every so often.
------
Edit: Yooooo Dub Fanzell is voiced by Eric Vale (Sanji/Future Trunks)!!! Dub stay winning

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The 5th Ending Theme for the series, "Tenjou Tenge", is now out in full on iTunes/Apple Music and presumably other services (Interestingly, that and the current OP are the only tracks on the artists page. Cool that what are seemingly her debut tracks were used for an anime).
And with that, we have all 10 OP/ED tracks for Black Clover available digitally outside of Japan, which is pretty cool cause there's no need to do YT converting or anything. Kudos to whatever music label/producer/company is on the production committee.

Anyway, decent episode this week. Wish it looked better but whatever. I think I'm starting to recognize the director's style a bit more cause there's a shot of the queen and a shot of Ladros that were reminiscent of the ED and I liked those.
Anime Fana looks so out of it lol

Also, real talk, why are we still getting a weird intro at the start and why of all things to have for an intro, it's the 1st WK? What the dude did hasn't even been that important to what's happened with Asta and the Black Bulls to the point where you absolutely can't forget about him and it doesn't feel like something you need to know because it'll tie into every single episode.

OP
OP
Dedication Through Light
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome episode, still wish the journey to get Asta's arms back took longer to maximize the drama, but regardless, loved how it was handled. The moment where he takes the sword and hits his own arm in pain and expresses feelings, everyone around him as well, was still one of the highest points of the series. Noelle passionate moment was great as well.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I think one of the things missing form Black clover that holds it back from getting much recognition is that its sound track isn't super memorable.

I mean Bleach to me had lower lows than Black clover so far but its sound track for the anime was an absolute banger.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think one of the things missing form Black clover that holds it back from getting much recognition is that its sound track isn't super memorable.

I mean Bleach to me had lower lows than Black clover so far but its sound track for the anime was an absolute banger.

Yes! The soundtrack for Black Clover has not been what I expected because I've always associate shonen battle anime with really hype, emotional, distinct soundtrack, whether it be non Pierrot productions like One Piece, Reborn, HxH, Fairy Tail or even Pierrot stuff like Naruto, Yu Yu Hakusho and Bleach. Given their track record, I expected to have more standout tracks from Black Clover but so far there's nothing really. There have been times during episodes where I thought "hey the ost is actually pretty nice for this part" but nothing really outstanding where I develop a strong association between a particular track and BC.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
Hype ass ending page I was hoping for! They punched all the elves flying down with BlackBullsMegazord lol

Also on the page where Yuno is mentioned, seems like that might be Dorothy, Captain of the Coral Peacocks (The one that is always sleeping).

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Ayy, I have no idea where this is going. Vetto and Fana are back and in younger bodies. They are, most likely, going to be stronger than they were before. Makes sense that they aren't as easily replaceable going by the reveal later in the chapter. They're probably going to be stronger than before also. I like not crazy Fana. She seems fun. Young Vetto looks cool as well. Wonder if Rhya is going to get a new body or become fully Elf'd.

Wonder where this whole Sephirah thing will lead too. Looks like we'll have 5 other powerful elves to contend with if these 10 are going to be special. Gauche must be particularly strong. And yeah, that's Dorothy of the Coral Peacocks. That's nearly half the Captains that are now elves. I'm surprised Dorothy is one though, I thought she was from the Witch Queen's Forest?

Shadow Kingdom seems pretty cool.

I kind of wish we had more abstract magics like Dice Magic. That seems like a fun ability and full of potential.

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yooooooo that ending. Asta's back! And just a bit over 3 months since the last appearance. The author deviating from Asta's perspective for exactly 3 months twice now makes me feel this is about how long he's ready to not have the MC.

Anyway, good chapter with a nice break from fighting. Vetto and Fana being brought back is interesting for a few reasons. For whatever reason, I assumed they were gone for good but once it became clear Licht's body was artificial, this was a definite possibility (but damn these elves sure have a problem with accepting death huh?). Elf Fana being back like this confirms that Human Fana, wherever she is, is unaffected by the reincarnation which is good. Also, them being back like this with artificial bodies and yet fully conscious confirms that the artificial body is not the reason for Licht being unresponsive, as Raia theorized I think. Means there's still something going on with Licht's soul so I'm looking forward to learning that.

Dice guy is cool. He's the only elf who's interesting to me among those who didn't possess known characters. And his magic seems like weird, almost Nen-like territory lol.
Though Dice guy seems cooler than most elves, I have to say the elves in general have seemed more interesting in their interactions among each other than with humans.

Seems we're skipping over the Vermillion fight which is fine. Though I honestly expected Asta and co. to find Yami inside the floating rock rather than before they entered. This is cool though. Reunion!

Also on the page where Yuno is mentioned, seems like that might be Dorothy, Captain of the Coral Peacocks (The one that is always sleeping).
Yeah that looks a lot like her. Hopefully we learn more about her now.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Good episode today!!
I know the Witch Forest arc moves fast but still, it felt like quite a lot happened in this episode. Makes me wonder about how the pacing will go for this second year and where they plan on stopping if this pace keeps up.

Bull Thrust was hype. Noelle was hype (that moment in her head is a good way to lead to the fight with her brother where she says she no longer needs acknowledgement from them). I liked seeing the elf flashbacks.
---------
Vanessa saying Salamander is the strongest spirit made me think about Fuegoleon and it's actually kinda funny to think about his progression in the story because he said this to Noelle
tumblr_pcdvsrYtVA1vnxw0lo1_500.png

Then the guy lost ONCE...by being sucker punched by one of the most powerful characters in the whole show...
Comes back with the most powerful spirit in their world, being like
jQBuZ8mm.jpg

The man definitely keeps his ideals lol

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Good episode, the Sea Dragon Roar and Bull Thrust were great.
A little nitpick, they cut out the Bruce line(which was a good idea imo), but kept focusing on the crystal(?) on the wand which made that scene quite odd out of context, probably kept it like that as little fanservice for people who read the novel.

I really love that quote.

OP
OP
Dedication Through Light
Oct 25, 2017
When will we see the other two spirits!

Though am surprised light and dark magic are assumed to not have any spirit, if theres only four, and Fire (Salamander), Wind (Bell/SLyph) take up two, Water most likely has one , so....

Episode felt way more hype and epic than the manga chapters did, like, bull thrust and seeing Fana's spirit breaking little by little.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Good episode, the Sea Dragon Roar and Bull Thrust were great.
A little nitpick, they cut out the Bruce line(which was a good idea imo), but kept focusing on the crystal(?) on the wand which made that scene quite odd out of context, probably kept it like that as little fanservice for people who read the novel.

I really love that quote.
Lol I forgot Bruce even said anything so in that scene I was like "yo is he gonna speak"?

And yeah I love that Fuego line. It's my favorite line in this whole series honestly.
When will we see the other two spirits!

Though am surprised light and dark magic are assumed to not have any spirit, if theres only four, and Fire (Salamander), Wind (Bell/SLyph) take up two, Water most likely has one , so....

Episode felt way more hype and epic than the manga chapters did, like, bull thrust and seeing Fana's spirit breaking little by little.
I expect we'll see the other two after we're done with this overall elf saga and start focusing on the other neighboring kingdoms. Clover has two already so it'd be too stacked if yet another popped up there.

I think the four spirits are supposed to match the four big elements from which most magic types are derived so the other two would probably be water and earth.

I still want Noelle vs Whoever has the water spirit.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
For one reason or another, I stopped reading a few months ago and never really got back to it, as I have a shitty attention span. I also seem to have a shitty memory, so I'm actually reading the entirety of the current arc (after the tournament), even though I had read quite a few chapters of it.

So far I've reread until Henry's introduction: his powers are as cool as I remember. It's nice seeing the least featured Black Bull characters do things, too.

Also, Mereoleona is fire.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Man Yami looks so proud of his crew. That line about Henry is especially cool. It's nice to see Yami had hopes for him deep down, as with pretty much all the other members. Also I don't think I thought about this until now but with GD being what it is, the BB is now the best squad in their kingdom, which is awesome.
Love how Charmy's just shoving food down their throats still.

I legit gasped at Dorothy's magic. Just wiped the top of the mech. Relieved that they were just taken to a dream world though. Makes her magic pretty interesting (and fitting of her constantly sleeping) and distinct from other spatial mages.

Seems we have some interesting face offs now with Vanessa, Luck, Magna, Charmy and Sally against Elf-Dorothy/Rave (I wonder if it's meant to be "Rêve" which is French for dream since other characters have French names). This is once again a cool lineup with an opponent that's appropriately threatening with being a captain + elf boost and also has been mysterious the whole series but the people against her make for a team that can believably win. Vanessa was is too good as support and Luck's one of the stronger mages outisde the captains. And also with such an opponent, it seems we may finally see Charmy fight seriously which is very cool (and her being a sheep mage in a dream world is neat). Looking forward to that fight

Also looking forward to them beating up Elf Gauche cause that guy's just shady.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Dorothy's magic is super great as I like magic that deals with dreams. I hope we get some idea as to her regular personality though because, now that we're seeing more of her, I love her design.

I think it's Charmy's time to shine now though. Everyone who got dragged in got their chance to show off combat wise in this arc, so it makes sense that Charmy (and Sally probably) should be the one to handle business here. Plus, it'd be a good chance to demonstrate her long hinted strength against a Captain.

OP
OP
Dedication Through Light
Oct 25, 2017
omg at the dub today, lol. Kept laughing everytime the witches were talking about the dude approaching them going Ha-ha. Oh Sekke

I wonder if it was just Asta would the golems have detected them.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Dub Witch Queen sounds weirdly young. I didn't expect a grandma voice but I didn't expect her to sound younger than Vanessa who's her daughter either.
Noelle handing people way too much money is among my favorite things the anime has done.
Also I feel really bad for Fanzell having everyone call him old. He's 28 lol.

OP
OP
Dedication Through Light
Oct 25, 2017
Its actually pretty amazing that Tabata manages to keep the entire battle totally balanced, when either side gets units or characters that seem to seemingly be utterly impossible to beat, he has a way to deal with them without making that person godly IE this chapter, Fate Manipulation Magic Affinity and Magic Recovery with the Ultimate Defense were seemingly thwarted just with something as simple as sleep magic, instead of him just having the bulls bulldoze everyone and lead us to direct conflicts with Asta and Licht.

I couldnt think of any other alternatives for how the elves would have been able to stop Luck Miz Vanessa and Charmy and co.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Hey everybody. I've been forcing myself to watch the anime of this for about the past month and a half. I just finished the water temple arc yesterday.

This is about all I can muster from it:

image0.png

deadLOL.png

The arc was probably the best of BC so far but it didn't do much of anything for me. The series as a whole has been like bland store brand cereal. It's had a few decent moments (like when Asta does the usual shonen protagonist unexpected badassery) but it's otherwise middling. The animation quality has just been....whew. Case and point that picture above. Lol.

I like a handful of the characters (Noelle, Asta, etc) but others I despise with a passion. Charmy might be my least favorite character on the show. She's so annoying that it becomes painful for me when she's on the screen.

I'll probably catch up on the anime (only a handful of episodes left until I'm current) and then pop over to the manga. I think it has the potential to be decent but everything is so predictable it hurts. My biggest complaint was that I didn't like any of the Black Bulls and now there's a handful that have started to actually become people and not just background characters defined by their one trait (siscon, likes to flirt with girls, likes to get drunk, likes to eat food, etc). So mission accomplished, I guess?

I don't want to seem like I'm just hating on the show but it's been a struggle. Haha.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hey everybody. I've been forcing myself to watch the anime of this for about the past month and a half. I just finished the water temple arc yesterday.

This is about all I can muster from it:

image0.png

deadLOL.png

The arc was probably the best of BC so far but it didn't do much of anything for me. The series as a whole has been like bland store brand cereal. It's had a few decent moments (like when Asta does the usual shonen protagonist unexpected badassery) but it's otherwise middling. The animation quality has just been....whew. Case and point that picture above. Lol.

I like a handful of the characters (Noelle, Asta, etc) but others I despise with a passion. Charmy might be my least favorite character on the show. She's so annoying that it becomes painful for me when she's on the screen.

I'll probably catch up on the anime (only a handful of episodes left until I'm current) and then pop over to the manga. I think it has the potential to be decent but everything is so predictable it hurts. My biggest complaint was that I didn't like any of the Black Bulls and now there's a handful that have started to actually become people and not just background characters defined by their one trait (siscon, likes to flirt with girls, likes to get drunk, likes to eat food, etc). So mission accomplished, I guess?

I don't want to seem like I'm just hating on the show but it's been a struggle. Haha.
Quicker you get into the manga, the better imo. In fact I'd recommend picking up the manga from the beginning of the Vetto fight since the anime change some stuff and the fight is much better in the manga imo, very intense, Tabata just stunting with his art and of course better pacing (cause the Underwater Temple arc is one where for some reason, the anime decided to go back to the pacing of the first 13 eps, with 1 ep roughly being 1 chapter). But even if you don't, getting into the manga from where the anime will be when you catch up is still good.

Cool that you like more characters. Surprised to see you dislike Charmy. I've never seen that sentiment much for her so it's interesting.

OP
OP
Dedication Through Light
Oct 25, 2017
Loved todays episode also that they seem to be going all in on the hand drawn Crystals for Mars instead of CGI, which is pretty good well I prefer the hand drawn, or at least the bold thick outlines going on in them. Ladros is actually pretty funny with his VA and some of his mannerisms and movements lol.

I loved the laser light show going on with mana beam attacks, and putting much of the focus on the LN characters and their fight really has helped them go from being just characters who had some minor role in the arc to wow their pretty good after all and I care about them and their relationships. Mariella squad based tactics countering those of the people she worked with in the Diamond Kingdom, and Fanzel background training the kids, was good.

Really awesome episode.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I really liked this week's episode. Solid art, moved fast, Ladros is really fun and I like his VA (I wish they exaggerated the posing on his attacks more like in the manga but maybe what I'm thinking of doesn't come until later). The cut to the Black Bulls at the end was nice, I liked seeing them all tensed up. And the way Fana looked at the end of the episode was really good.

Some real nice pacing with these last two episodes. Hopefully they can keep this up. Even with them spending more time on the LN characters it felt like stuff was moving smoothly. I think they may have to slow down eventually though, or do a filler arc,cause they might catch up too soon. Honestly I'd rather have a filler arc cause at least that means the canon episodes won't be affected by slow pacing, which makes them more enjoyable and rewatchable to me, and also it could be interesting if they spent some time on Yuno, Klaus and Mimosa on a mission to expand more on them (and maybe show Yuno struggle a bit). Or maybe adapt the other Light Novel which I think is just about the captains getting into shenanigans.
Gonna have to wait and see.
and putting much of the focus on the LN characters and their fight really has helped them go from being just characters who had some minor role in the arc to wow their pretty good after all and I care about them and their relationships. Mariella squad based tactics countering those of the people she worked with in the Diamond Kingdom, and Fanzel background training the kids, was good.
Yeah I really liked the increased focus on the LN characters. Made me like them more.
Also now I want them to come back in the manga even more cause Mariella uses ice and I need an ice user to finally get some respect in this series.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This chapter was amazing too. Sully should join the Black Bulls and the whole fight is pretty clever. I love how some magic is very overpowered, but there is always a logical weakness involved. The whole fight gives me Hunter x Hunter vibes.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Really good chapter. The dream world makes for a really fun environment so I hope to see this part animated one day. Or in a color manga.
Dorothy is pretty OP but I like that they made it so the Charmy/Vanessa pair could compare, and also it's funny that without the sleepiness, the limit would be how much Vanessa could keep eating.
I really liked Sally in this chapter. Makes me want her in the BB honestly. They could use just one more member who's thing is to make plans and handle tactics. I love that the solution to this OP as hell dreamworld is just to make her think of an exit and it was nice how Sally came to that conclusion by testing the properties of what Dorothy created then having Dorothy create something unwillingly. It's like she's a scientist or something!
I was hoping to see Charmy fight seriously but maybe we'll have to wait.

I love how some magic is very overpowered, but there is always a logical weakness involved.
This reminded me of Patry in his first battle against Yami where he's like "this is my ULTIMATE Light Magic. Take This!" and then Gauche just showed up like "I have big ass mirror". It's cool that solutions are simple and make sense. It's part of why I think this series manages its powers pretty well and makes the conclusions to fights believable.

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
There's a special Black Cover episode on Crunchyroll, it's a pretty fun episode if anyone's interested.
Lol I just went on Crunchyroll to watch Boruto and for some reason I saw BC had a new ep out of nowhere.
Just got done watching it and it's pretty fun indeed. Though I have no idea why we got that.

Favorite part was Noelle looking down on Nozel of all people when he got the answer wrong.
Also, it's funny how this involves a captain who should be sleeping right now, three who are actively trying to kill the others in the manga and William who would probably be Raia right now lol.

OP
OP
Dedication Through Light
Oct 25, 2017
lol another show I watched did the find the character in the scene thing, and it was always the best part, Gordon's part reminded me so much of that show [100% Pascal Sensei]

Okay Yami doing the Prince of Tennis Atobe Kingdom made me scream like, even better when you realize its the same voice actor too.

I wonder if this got people interested in checking the show out, did show lots of good scenes.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nice episode. I really like the Fana/Mars stuff so I enjoyed this episode a lot. Could've trimmed some of those flashbacks but whatever lol.
Next episode is exciting. They make Black Asta look so damn scary in the OP so I hope they can deliver in the show itself.

One thing that I always found kinda dumb is when Asta and Mars are walking towards Fana and it cuts to Mars being like "wow Asta's such a cool guy and blah blah blah" and then it cuts to Asta being like "wow Mars is such a cool guy and blah blah blah". It's weird but that symmetry kind of makes it feel not as genuine as it could've to me. Maybe I would've liked it more if it just had the Mars thing about Asta and then once Fana is saved and everyone looks at Fana/Mars hugging is when we get Asta's part about how Mars is a swell guy.

Black Clover did something similar which fell similarly flat with me in the Water Temple arc when Magna and Luck where fighting Vetto and we got a Magna flashback about how Luck is such a cool guy and he's Magna's best friend and then Magna is motivated by Luck and starts attacking again and right when Magna starts attacking again, we get a Luck flashback about how Magna is a cool guy and he's Luck's best friend. In that moment too I think it would've registered better with me with more distance between those sentiments and maybe with a different way to deliver that sentiment (like Luck calling Magna his best friend as they do their Flame/Lightning Combo Rasengan).

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Been slowly catching up, I'm up to chapter 165 now. Reading this arc without having to wait is cool, as it's been great fun so far (the pacing is honestly great).

The reincarnation moment was really hype: I love the whole elf stuff and I can't wait to see more of that. Also, I keep reading and thinking how the hell do people hate this manga so much (or that was my impression before beginning it, I'm not too in the manga loop right now): it's harmless at worst, and really entertaining with very cool moments and concepts at best.

And damn I love the art.

PS: I kinda miss Noelle, she hasn't been doing much so far. Also, my man Yami gotta show up again soon.

OP
OP
Dedication Through Light
Oct 25, 2017
Epic Episode, so many awesome Asta's. He litrally so hot!!

Loved the flashbacks too and I was so waiting for that Fana Mars moment. I just want Mars to have so much happiness, he deserves it after what the Diamond Kingdom put him through. I hope we do get some Diamond Kingdom arc in the future (perhaps they will swoop in now that the Clover Kingdom is torn asunder from within, potential).

Dtl91F0WsAEVEFJ.jpg:small
Dtl_HcNWwAE8EgS.jpg:small

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Been slowly catching up, I'm up to chapter 165 now. Reading this arc without having to wait is cool, as it's been great fun so far (the pacing is honestly great).

The reincarnation moment was really hype: I love the whole elf stuff and I can't wait to see more of that.
Yeah I re-read it recently and I appreciated the pacing of the arc more.
The reincarnation was really cool. The elves taking over the bodies of humans makes sense because of what we learned with Fana in one of the previous arcs and yet I still didn't expect them take over all these characters. When there was a beam of light around Yuno at the end of a chapter, I thought he was just getting ready for a fight lol. It was fun to try to figure out logical connections between the possession victims when that happened. And they seem scarily powerful once the reincarnation happens.

PS: I kinda miss Noelle, she hasn't been doing much so far.
Also, my man Yami gotta show up again soon.
tumblr_mbaangg2x61qavd02o1_500.gif

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Yeah I re-read it recently and I appreciated the pacing of the arc more.
The reincarnation was really cool. The elves taking over the bodies of humans makes sense because of what we learned with Fana in one of the previous arcs and yet I still didn't expect them take over all these characters. When there was a beam of light around Yuno at the end of a chapter, I thought he was just getting ready for a fight lol. It was fun to try to figure out logical connections between the possession victims when that happened. And they seem scarily powerful once the reincarnation happens.
Yep, I'm very curious to see where this is going and how succesful the elves are going to be during this arc. Shit's building up fast. I really like how the main guys are getting some of the elves back into their senses (and the heel turn of Valtos, Rades and Sally (I wonder if Sally's actually going to study Asta's body and uncover something about him later on. Oh, and speaking of him, his new sword is really cool! Love when a character progresses by achieving new physical items).

I also love the whole William Vangeance stuff. The two souls sharing the same body and William himself being torned between his loyalty towards both Julius and Patolli.

I know (well, believe?) that the arc is still not done, so I'm very interested in seeing how all the stuff that's happening affects the state of the world (not only the main country).
latest

(I could read a little last night and yeah, Yami time indeed, son. And glad to hear that about Noelle too, she's the coolest).

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, I'm very curious to see where this is going and how succesful the elves are going to be during this arc. Shit's building up fast. I really like how the main guys are getting some of the elves back into their senses (and the heel turn of Valtos, Rades and Sally (I wonder if Sally's actually going to study Asta's body and uncover something about him later on. Oh, and speaking of him, his new sword is really cool! Love when a character progresses by achieving new physical items).

I also love the whole William Vangeance stuff. The two souls sharing the same body and William himself being torned between his loyalty towards both Julius and Patolli.

I know (well, believe?) that the arc is still not done, so I'm very interested in seeing how all the stuff that's happening affects the state of the world (not only the main country).
I love that Valtos/Rades/Sally heel turn. From his first appearance, there was a sentiment among a few of the good guys that Rades was wasting his potential so this makes me very curious to where he'll go and what his status at the end of the arc will be. And it's cool for Sally too cause part of me was afraid the idea of her meeting Asta again was just gonna be dismissed but instead it was a cool way to convince them to work together.

And yeah I really like the William stuff. I like how different types of reincarnation are established while all being coherent and William's case being the most special with having two souls felt like an appropriate conclusion to the multiple, but insufficient, suspicions about him. And the Patry/Licht stuff is cool too because of the cult of personality the elves seemed to have for Licht and how that manifests as Patry looking like Licht and him getting immediate respect from Licht's friends when he revived them.
What great taste you have!

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Good episode today!!
I know the Witch Forest arc moves fast but still, it felt like quite a lot happened in this episode. Makes me wonder about how the pacing will go for this second year and where they plan on stopping if this pace keeps up.

Bull Thrust was hype. Noelle was hype (that moment in her head is a good way to lead to the fight with her brother where she says she no longer needs acknowledgement from them). I liked seeing the elf flashbacks.
---------
Vanessa saying Salamander is the strongest spirit made me think about Fuegoleon and it's actually kinda funny to think about his progression in the story because he said this to Noelle
tumblr_pcdvsrYtVA1vnxw0lo1_500.png

Then the guy lost ONCE...by being sucker punched by one of the most powerful characters in the whole show...
Comes back with the most powerful spirit in their world, being like
jQBuZ8mm.jpg

The man definitely keeps his ideals lol

He's my favourite. When is saw him with Salmander I was so happy that i had tears in my eyes :D