• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
G2ZSGvFl.jpg

With this latest chapter, the Clover Kingdom has likely tragically lost its 5th most attractive man (his glasses even fall off as he takes that attack, as if Tabata wanted to drive the point home). Who slides into the top 5 now? Fuegoleon? Hair-Down Magna? Mask-Off Zora?

I'd say Zora.
Edit: Wait what am I talking about? It's obviously Damnatio.

Where is Yami?

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
If we exclude Yuno,who is just the best at everything (besides protecting his comrades), number of people crushing on someone in clover kingdom has a strong correlation with having massive muscles.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
This is why my boy specs wanted to get swole, he knew that was the key to getting with someone else. In his case though he was clearly going after Asta, who is extra oblivious and he stood no chance.

With him probably being super ultra dead though it leaves a power vacuum in Asta's Harem. Is this the birb turned girls chance to rise to the top? Will Sally now paroled finally get to disect him? Will Rebecca show back up?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

It's apparently Finral's birthday. Love him, one of my favorite characters. Asta/Magna/Luck pulling up on Langris to protect him is still top 5 hypest moment of the series and I loved seeing him grow more confident throughout the first saga and show everyone how useful and cool he can be, from his own crew to folks in other squads at the tournament and even another captain like Jack.

Btw, I prefer his tournament hairstyle to what he's got now post-timeskip but I guess the less flashy, more proper look makes sense if he's getting ready to commit to Finnes and be more serious instead of chasing every girl.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Finral as this desperate wannabe casanova was the least appealing aspect of his character. Aside from that, he is the heart of the Black Bulls. He had to deal with his despicable stepmother and his neglectful father who constantly praised and adore Langris.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Random neat thing that re-reading the early One Piece chapters reminded me of: the three relationships that I consider to be Asta's most important in the series are established through these special lighting nice side view panels.

dscjsLnl.jpg

Rival. This btw is partly why I'm not too hot on how quickly Yuno just accepted ruling Spade as a possibility but whatever, the rivalry can be updated to who'll make a better country or something I guess (or maybe he doesn't even take the throne, who knows). Still curious to see how Asta reacts to the Yuno reveals.

LAEjp7ol.jpg

Mentor. Love this because it's kinda easy to forget as you first read/watch through and get far in but when you see it again, it's like damn Yami straight up believed in Asta becoming the WK from the start. Not just seeing him as being a big gamble that could maybe pay off, just plain telling him what to do (and Yami does not give people tasks they can't achieve).

And btw, to become Wizard King you must first become captain so I wonder what that means for Yami for the future. I don't want him to die cause I love him but Asta has been positioned as a successor to Yami in many ways in the series, from his sword and ki based fighting style (and now cloaking his swords in anti-magic) and post-timeskip design to how his arrival motivated the Bulls in an unprecedented way and some of them like Vanessa and Gauche were curious about what Yami saw in him (Vanessa even mistakes him for Yami in the Witch Queen's throne room when she wakes up). That makes his death a realistic possibility, even if it's not the only one. One way or another Asta's gotta become captain. I guess Yami's fate depends on if Asta becoming captain is something that we'd see in the story or part of one last timeskip to the epilogue.

fSIYYcCl.jpg

Partner. As a Noelle fan, I love how Asta in the story is Noelle's number one fan from the beginning, offering her the first genuine praise she's probably heard her whole life. It's been cool to see them almost always paired up on missions and each get stronger throughout the first saga while proving their doubters wrong and Asta's reactions to each of Noelle's successes have been a pleasure.

Don't know if the author intent was specifically like "this is how imma show these are the most important relationships" or whatever but I just really like them and find them fitting lol.

(There's also some dumb kid who gets a similar shot after the first mission. Maybe he's Asta's Luffy/Konohamaru haha. We'll see if he pops up again somehow)

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Yami dies, everyone tries to force Meroleona to become Blizzard King but she laughs at them all. Yuno too busy being Spade King to be Blizzard King. Charmi would be Blizzard King but she runs off to marry her prince of provisions. Fuegoleon runs off to try and bring back his sister. Nozelle repents and tries to follow in his mother's footsteps by retiring from the battlefield to be a family man.

Langris of the noble house of Vaude is the only one left to fill in those shoes. Everyone else died or married Sister Lilly.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Prepared for an emotional chapter. How will Ralph respond?

Yami dies, everyone tries to force Meroleona to become Blizzard King but she laughs at them all. Yuno too busy being Spade King to be Blizzard King. Charmi would be Blizzard King but she runs off to marry her prince of provisions. Fuegoleon runs off to try and bring back his sister. Nozelle repents and tries to follow in his mother's footsteps by retiring from the battlefield to be a family man.

Langris of the noble house of Vaude is the only one left to fill in those shoes. Everyone else died or married Sister Lilly.
Bah-Ha becomes wizard king through his ties to the king king.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Bah-Ha becomes wizard king through his ties to the king king.
You joke but I legitimately believe Sekke has a somewhat decent chance of failing his way into the conversation for being Wizard King when Asta's generation is up, or at least become captain. Because of the chapter where Augustus thinks he saved him which made me feel like he may be written in a way to "earn" merit like the others but through gags, without actually getting a redemption first. Sekke now seems like he could be the Buggy/Hercule of the series.

It's at least something I'm curious about and keeping an eye out for lol.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
You joke but I legitimately believe Sekke has a somewhat decent chance of failing his way into the conversation for being Wizard King when Asta's generation is up, or at least become captain. Because of the chapter where Augustus thinks he saved him which made me feel like he may be written in a way to "earn" merit like the others but through gags, without actually getting a redemption first. Sekke now seems like he could be the Buggy/Hercule of the series.

It's at least something I'm curious about and keeping an eye out for lol.
I hope so. I enjoy Bah-Ha and characters that get comedically fail up

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Vangeance making the plays, damn.

I'm glad Klaus is not dead (and Letoile too, cool she can still be around with her cool powers). Though when Vangeance's spell activated I got worried thinking "oh no they're coming back to life". Thankfully those who were straight up dead stayed that way.

It feels more satisfying to have Yuno be saved by William's magic than just Ralph having some healing thing. I guess recovery is common among plant users cause Mimosa, Charla and now William have it. And this does help my perception of William as a captain, him losing but having setting up this backup plan while he was fighting and showing a really impressive spell.

Vanica being at the Heart is interesting considering Lolo was planning to preemptively assault Spade. Would not have guessed it'd happen so quick but she was shown to be eager to move out. Wonder how she'll react to Asta and Secre and if she'll update her mission to capture them.

Dante looking for Yami is hype. I wonder what it is he's looking at. Him being like "this world is too dull for us" and capturing a World Tree magic user...very curious lol.

With Dante's speech, I'm pretty sure now that
Dante = Machiavellianism
Vanica = Narcissism
Zeno = Psychopathy

Wonder which perspective we'll see first, Vanica at the Heart or Dante. Focusing on Yami/Dante could allow us to see the other Bulls but Vanica is already at her destination (how'd she get in anyway?).

Break next week btw, 3rd in the series. Hope the author can rest well.

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Loropechika -> Lolopechka
To match Tabata's spelling in Volume 23. So it's likely "Gadjah" now, instead of Gaja and Damnatio remains unchanged.

I wonder if we'll get profiles in Vol. 24 for the Dark Triad cause Zeno is "Zenon" on the wiki right now.
Yes, Yuno's surrogate dad Clover's 5th hottest man is still alive.
Yup, you love to see it.
Omg not Hamon!!!!! I loved his laugh, Im shed a tear.

Also where in the world did Langris go, did Tabata forget about him?! I need him.
At this point, I'm guessing Langris is still being punished for losing control at the tournament. Cause every other GD seems to have been working and Langris was imprisoned before the war started.

Last edited:

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Yo that last page is fucking HYPE

give me that Yami fight!!

also wonder how strong asta is compared to Yuno now after his training. Wonder if he'd fare better against Zeno than Yuno did or if they're gonna have to get stronger again lol

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Someone on twitter pointed out that Dante might be looking at the sleeping ancient evil Julius brought up.
Yo that last page is fucking HYPE

give me that Yami fight!!

also wonder how strong asta is compared to Yuno now after his training. Wonder if he'd fare better against Zeno than Yuno did or if they're gonna have to get stronger again lol
Yuno didn't really get anything new or impressively powered up in his fight so I'd guess he's below Asta if they're not equals anymore. Would make sense given Asta and co. went through special training.
(Regardless, yeah Asta probably would've fared "better" due to his anti magic though I doubt it would've changed much)

I think they way they'll deal with how strong the Zeno and the rest of the triad are is just teaming up and throwing multiple strong people on them. Might get stronger along the way, that happened in the first saga too, but I don't think any of them are going down in a 1v1.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Btw I really like Vanica's design
ZjnqI4El.jpg

She looks pretty cool. I wonder what kind of magic she has. The eyepatch makes me think of Megumin from Konosuba so part of me wants Explosion magic lol.

Dante tho...
89e8icul.jpg

Imagine being Zeno's older brother and somehow going out with these lame ass shoes. (And is he gonna wear that crown while fighting?) Lacks drip but probably gonna stomp Yami anyway...
Hope to see if he's the one with Megicula soon.

Edit: Didn't notice but Dante straight up lifts off the ground lol. Does he have that Gravity Magic I so want to see, or some other magic that allows that? Or is he just doing what Gadjah did?

Last edited:

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Someone on twitter pointed out that Dante might be looking at the sleeping ancient evil Julius brought up.

Yuno didn't really get anything new or impressively powered up in his fight so I'd guess he's below Asta if they're not equals anymore. Would make sense given Asta and co. went through special training.
(Regardless, yeah Asta probably would've fared "better" due to his anti magic though I doubt it would've changed much)

I think they way they'll deal with how strong the Zeno and the rest of the triad are is just teaming up and throwing multiple strong people on them. Might get stronger along the way, that happened in the first saga too, but I don't think any of them are going down in a 1v1.
I'd like to see a good 1v1 fight in BC, feels like all of them are team fights

I'd believe Asta was stronger than Yuno, really want to see him fight now

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Shiren and Hamon. You will not forgotten (by Yuno).

Surprised that we will see all of dark triad in action this soon.

Surely Yami will at leastknock that giant crown off Dante. Yami/William reunion continuing soon.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to see a good 1v1 fight in BC, feels like all of them are team fights

I'd believe Asta was stronger than Yuno, really want to see him fight now
Depends for me. So much focus on 1v1s for the major fights in many shonens that I like how almost all the big fights are team affairs here, and it makes victories easier to buy in terms of power levels while easily spreading the shine. I at least don't think any member of the triad should go down in a 1v1 based on what we saw Zeno do at not even full power but if the ones under them go down in 1v1s I won't mind.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Depends for me. So much focus on 1v1s for the major fights in many shonens that I like how almost all the big fights are team affairs here, and it makes victories easier to buy in terms of power levels while easily spreading the shine. I at least don't think any member of the triad should go down in a 1v1 based on what we saw Zeno do at not even full power but if the ones under them go down in 1v1s I won't mind.
i definitely enjoy the team aspect since it's different from a lot of other shonen, i dont think Tabata needs to go ham on 1v1s, i just would appreciate a couple. Would be cool to see Asta 1v1 a big bad. Definitely doesn't need to become the norm though.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Man, not feeling Dub Nero at all. I figure she needs to differentiate from her Mereoleona but she just sounds so bored.
(Also dislike that they call her "Seker" but at least that won't last since she just goes by Nero now)
Thankfully Word Devil makes up for it by sounding fantastic.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how the Dark Triad is going to work out since they are getting into action soon. The other two might end up succeeding in their goals as well and get Yami and Loro back to the Spade Kingdom. If Yami gets kidnapped, then we'd most definitely get to finally see the Black Bull's Vice Captain.

Gven that we have some major players in Heart, Vanica might fail or do a face turn. Either way, she may be their ticket into Spade. I think that Vanica will get a demonic eye when she goes into her own demonic form. That's should be a pretty good look.

Don't know about Dante has gravity magic, mainly because Yami's magic kinda covers that. I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say he has time magic. Don't know why, but I just see him having a unique grimoire.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wonder how the Dark Triad is going to work out since they are getting into action soon. The other two might end up succeeding in their goals as well and get Yami and Loro back to the Spade Kingdom. If Yami gets kidnapped, then we'd most definitely get to finally see the Black Bull's Vice Captain.

Gven that we have some major players in Heart, Vanica might fail or do a face turn. Either way, she may be their ticket into Spade. I think that Vanica will get a demonic eye when she goes into her own demonic form. That's should be a pretty good look.

Don't know about Dante has gravity magic, mainly because Yami's magic kinda covers that. I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say he has time magic. Don't know why, but I just see him having a unique grimoire.

I think Dante's succeeding given he's the leader and most likely among them to hold Megicula, if Megicula is actually possessing any of them.

The VC reveal potential is certainly very interesting! If Yami gets kidnapped, maybe one of the older members will suggest finding them. Really curious where they are. I assume the VC is who Yami said was "out on missions" and always thought they're probably a spy in Diamond or Spade so if they're in Spade, that could tie into getting Yami out (and/or getting the others in).

Vanica is gonna be facing some high power levels considering she's not just there to assault a specific location. Lolo alone = Golden Dawn in strength and then there's her 5 guardians, some Clover captains, Charmy and the rest who trained. Could see her failing and if she's their way into Spade, that could be interesting. (What if the narcissism she probably represents is what gets her working with the good guys somehow lol)

Dante having a unique grimoire would be cool.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
who exactly trained in heart kingdom aside from asta and noelle?
It's everyone in the two pages in Ch 228 after Lolo asks Clover to bring people to be trained:
Seen Post-Timeskip in Heart
-Asta
-Noelle
-Mimosa
-Finral
-Luck
-Leopold
-Charmy
-Rill

Still unseen
-Nero
-Charlotte
-Zora

At first folks, myself included, thought Yuno would come too because he was shown at the end of 228 too but now we know he didn't. Because he got his own page, I think Tabata just wanted to show him pre-timeskip one last time separately from the others. However besides Yuno, it's safe to assume the 3 who still haven't been seen we're training in the Heart too because they were shown on the same pages as those who have been confirmed.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
It's everyone in the two pages in Ch 228 after Lolo asks Clover to bring people to be trained:
Seen Post-Timeskip in Heart
-Asta
-Noelle
-Mimosa
-Finral
-Luck
-Leopold
-Charmy
-Rill

Still unseen
-Nero
-Charlotte
-Zora

At first folks, myself included, thought Yuno would come too because he was shown at the end of 228 too but now we know he didn't. Because he got his own page, I think Tabata just wanted to show him pre-timeskip one last time separately from the others. However besides Yuno, it's safe to assume the 3 who still haven't been seen we're training in the Heart too because they were shown on the same pages as those who have been confirmed.
Magna got robbed

interested to see how strong Rill is now though since he was already pretty damn powerful lol

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
(Was editing my previous post but I've been saved from the double lol)
Just noticed this:
RrWQ9pAm.jpg

One of Vanica's allies (Dark Disciple, presumably)

CW9uqzhm.jpg

Mouths aren't quite the same but there seems to kinda be a resemblance. Gotta wait until we get a good look.
(Note: Grandma was talking about "the ancestor who made the contract" and "the curse of Megicula" so them having some history in Spade wouldn't be surprising, though not guaranteed cuase Megicula's been involved with multiple countries)

Magna got robbed

interested to see how strong Rill is now though since he was already pretty damn powerful lol
Yeah Magna was robbed. It's still weird to me how the Black Bulls didn't all go to the Heart but thanks to Dante, we should learn more about them soon. Hopefully Magna got a nice boost (maybe using magic items now since Lumiere wanted them to help those who don't have much magic).

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
(Was editing my previous post but I've been saved from the double lol)
Just noticed this:
RrWQ9pAm.jpg

One of Vanica's allies (Dark Disciple, presumably)

CW9uqzhm.jpg

Mouths aren't quite the same but there seems to kinda be a resemblance. Gotta wait until we get a good look.
(Note: Grandma was talking about "the ancestor who made the contract" and "the curse of Megicula" so them having some history in Spade wouldn't be surprising, though not guaranteed cuase Megicula's been involved with multiple countries)
I don't think he has the dark circles around his eyes, I just think they look dark because he didn't have much room to draw them so the ink lines Are really close together

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Pretty boy Damnatio makes his anime debut tomorrow. Hope he has a cool voice actor, it's weird he seemingly didn't get one announced in the latest Jump issue.
(Nero was cast really well so hopefully all the big new characters have cool VAs too. Dream pick for Dante would Tomokazu Sugita, Gintoki/Katakuri) (Edit: oh my fucking god Sugita already plays Gueldre. I mean, it's a good performance and I'm impressed that I never even recognized him but man, what a waste)
------------------------

It beings...

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nice anime episode today. All of it looked good. I imagine the staff is glad to take a break from having to animate so many fights. The Three Problems part had fun interactions and I liked finally getting a look at the other kingdoms in the anime. I like Damnatio's voice and the trial was pretty cool as well. Favorite part was when Damnatio stopped the anti-monarchist, that looked really nice.

Here are the looks at the other kingdoms for those who don't watch the anime

Spade's epithet was straight up "Demon Kingdom" lol. (Diamond was "Aggressor Kingdom", Heart was "Kingdom of Mystery")

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh btw, this latest episode hints at (basically confirms) Charlotte being Arcane Stage from her curse, which is far from the most surprising thing but still interesting to see it there. When Julius explains the Weg curse to Asta, he also says that others in the Magic Knights have been affected and it shows silhouettes of William and Charlotte.

If Asta and Nero are Arcane, "affected by the other world" and able to hurt devils thanks to that Weg curse then Charlotte's curse must make her Arcane too. (I thought William would be Arcane due to his World Tree magic being special and that's what Spade wants but the curse seemingly counts as a reason too)
So that's probably why she's in the Spade invasion team, rather than just being familiar with curses.

OP
OP
Dedication Through Light
Oct 25, 2017
Kid Julius sounds so old. Expected him to sound like Luck or something, unless hes even older than him now too.

Did Langris "venture to the world beyond" as well????

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
They already covered the trial? They are so close. Waiting to do filler at time skip then?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Did Langris "venture to the world beyond" as well????
Probably not. Though his magic might be arcane inherently. It wouldn't be surprising for his spatial magic to work on devils.
They already covered the trial? They are so close. Waiting to do filler at time skip then?
It's started, it ends next week. But yeah they're close: this episode ends Vol. 22, the manga ended Vol. 24 with the last chapter.

Trial ends next week but the two episodes after that are filler ("Nero's Memories" parts 1 and 2, probably recaps for the whole saga cause there hasn't been a recap episode in a while). Filler beyond that, which I'm sure is coming, would probably be while they're still in Clover and then during the training in Heart.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Reminder: No chapter this week. Next chapter is on Friday the 21st, 8 days from now.
------------------------------------

Seems a new Bleach animated project is being announced soon (along with a new Kubo work). Might be that rumored Burn the Witch OVA or could be a TV anime, or both maybe. Talking about this here because a new Bleach TV anime could end up replacing Black Clover's current anime run and mean this run would end this year, which is something I would like. Bleach has a common producer with BC (TV Tokyo) and it seems it had a similar timeslot (Tuesday 18:00 JST compared to Tuesday 18:25 JST for Black Clover) so I can see it taking over BC's timeslot.

I'd like the anime to end its run this year because there isn't enough manga material to extend it for a fourth year without having a lot of filler and/or considerably slowing down the pacing (Ideally for me it'd stop right before the timeskip and a new run would pick back up there). So I'm curious to see if this new Bleach project may tie into that.

Update:

It seems there'll be a Black Clover stage thing at that same event too (according to Twitter's translating fucntion).
...They wouldn't make an event to announce the anime is ending, would they? Wonder what this could be. I don't really want the anime to go on for a fourth year so this is a bit concerning. Or is it just to detail whatever filler we're having the last two cours of the run? (But would they make an event to hype up filler? Idk)

OP
OP
Dedication Through Light
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder: No chapter this week. Next chapter is on Friday the 21st, 8 days from now.
------------------------------------

Update:

It seems there'll be a Black Clover stage thing at that same event too (according to Twitter's translating fucntion).
...They wouldn't make an event to announce the anime is ending, would they? Wonder what this could be. I don't really want the anime to go on for a fourth year so this is a bit concerning. Or is it just to detail whatever filler we're having the last two cours of the run? (But would they make an event to hype up filler? Idk)

to me, id wager its just a chat with the voice actors and they do goofy performances etc, especially if its just at the tv tokyo booth, imo.