• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder: No chapter this week. Next chapter is on Friday the 21st, 8 days from now.
------------------------------------

Update:

It seems there'll be a Black Clover stage thing at that same event too (according to Twitter's translating fucntion).
...They wouldn't make an event to announce the anime is ending, would they? Wonder what this could be. I don't really want the anime to go on for a fourth year so this is a bit concerning. Or is it just to detail whatever filler we're having the last two cours of the run? (But would they make an event to hype up filler? Idk)

Black Clover the feature film.

Or just a stage show.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

More cool Vanica art. Looking forward to seeing what her powers and potential devil are.
-------------------
Btw, the Black Clover manga 5 years old this week (specifically on the 16th, this Sunday)!!

I've only been caught up and following week to week since August 2017 so it didn't really hit me(I was even reading Dr. Stone and We Never Learn in Viz Jump before this lol) but at this point Black Clover is pretty much a veteran of the magazine, being the 5th oldest series in Shonen Jump when counting Hunter x Hunter.

5 years in, we've had a "Part I" of sorts with 23 Volumes/228 Chapters focusing on the Midnight Sun's plan and its aftermath before a time-skip starting in Volume 24/Chapter 229 and this new part of the focusing on taking down Megicula and the Dark Triad. Wonder how long is left and how much of the overall story this Megicula/Spade part represents.

When Volume 16, which is where the reincarnation finally happens, came out, Tabata said this in the afterword:

pOASJQFl.jpg

This was cool to see because the reincarnation is first brought up in Chapter 9, a shadowy Patry saying "the resurrection is at hand", and built up until it finally happens in Volume 16, with Patry saying "Now! Let the revenge begin!!!" once it does, so it figures Tabata would be excited to finally reach that point, the climax of what he considers the first arc.

But also interesting is how he just casually drops "one of the series' major turning points!". The world of the series is pretty big and depending on how much of what is mentioned is actually gonna become a focus eventually like the Spade Kingdom has become now, there's potential for it to only get bigger and for a lot of crazy stuff to happen. That really gets me curious for what is ahead.

I don't know how much we have left, I'm guessing at least 5 more years if he stays in good health and if the Midnight Sun part is indicative of how long a saga/part could be, but for now I'm really looking forward to it and hope the series can keep me as interested as it has up to this point. Cause I've been loving this for the past few years, especially once the reincarnation happened and I saw all the craziness that ensued.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Asta only loves Sister Lily. But for who loves Asta the most in his Harem (Noelle, Rebecca, Sally, Specs, Mimosa) it's clearly Specs, who changed his entire outlook on life from hanging out with the boy in the dungeon. How'd he survive when half the Golden Dawn was murked? His dedication to getting swole passed onto him by his idol Asta and his desire to see him again.

OP
OP
Dedication Through Light
Oct 25, 2017
I wish yuno origin story included Asta, seemed suspicious or too much of a coinkydink that he and Asta were found the same day, especially wit the struggle his handler had bringing him. [chps 233/234]

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
a7NpcEa.jpg

It'd be pretty cool if the final volume of the series referenced these and had Asta as the actual Wizard King sitting on the throne.
(Man I still love that Jump cover so much. Also just love art of anime characters on thrones, like Sora often gets in Kingdom Hearts)

Last edited:

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Asta only loves Sister Lily. But for who loves Asta the most in his Harem (Noelle, Rebecca, Sally, Specs, Mimosa) it's clearly Specs, who changed his entire outlook on life from hanging out with the boy in the dungeon. How'd he survive when half the Golden Dawn was murked? His dedication to getting swole passed onto him by his idol Asta and his desire to see him again.

Asta has resisted temptation from Vanessa and peeping at the ladies in the hot spring because of his devotion to Sister Lily. It's nice to see a shounen protagonist who isn't a thirsty lecher.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017

More cool Vanica art. Looking forward to seeing what her powers and potential devil are.
-------------------
Btw, the Black Clover manga 5 years old this week (specifically on the 16th, this Sunday)!!

I've only been caught up and following week to week since August 2017 so it didn't really hit me(I was even reading Dr. Stone and We Never Learn in Viz Jump before this lol) but at this point Black Clover is pretty much a veteran of the magazine, being the 5th oldest series in Shonen Jump when counting Hunter x Hunter.

5 years in, we've had a "Part I" of sorts with 23 Volumes/228 Chapters focusing on the Midnight Sun's plan and its aftermath before a time-skip starting in Volume 24/Chapter 229 and this new part of the focusing on taking down Megicula and the Dark Triad. Wonder how long is left and how much of the overall story this Megicula/Spade part represents.

When Volume 16, which is where the reincarnation finally happens, came out, Tabata said this in the afterword:

pOASJQFl.jpg

This was cool to see because the reincarnation is first brought up in Chapter 9, a shadowy Patry saying "the resurrection is at hand", and built up until it finally happens in Volume 16, with Patry saying "Now! Let the revenge begin!!!" once it does, so it figures Tabata would be excited to finally reach that point, the climax of what he considers the first arc.

But also interesting is how he just casually drops "one of the series' major turning points!". The world of the series is pretty big and depending on how much of what is mentioned is actually gonna become a focus eventually like the Spade Kingdom has become now, there's potential for it to only get bigger and for a lot of crazy stuff to happen. That really gets me curious for what is ahead.

I don't know how much we have left, I'm guessing at least 5 more years if he stays in good health and if the Midnight Sun part is indicative of how long a saga/part could be, but for now I'm really looking forward to it and hope the series can keep me as interested as it has up to this point. Cause I've been loving this for the past few years, especially once the reincarnation happened and I saw all the craziness that ensued.

38 volumes. This spade kingdom arc saga seems poised to conclude the story of Asta and Yuno.

It will of course continue on as Black Clover II at this point with a new main character.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Since there is no chapter tomorrow and so no new material to discuss then, I thought I'd instead make a post collecting all that we know or have seen so far of the Black Bulls' Vice-Captain, inspired by ArgyleReptile's suggestion that Dante coming for Yami (and most likely stomping him sadly) is what may lead to us finally meeting them which I agree with.
(Though even if we end up not meeting them soon, I still want to put all the info we have in one place)

First of all, is there actually a Vice-Captain of the Black Bulls?
Yes! Beyond it just being natural to assume the Black Bulls have a Vice-Captain due to every other squad having one, we actually have confirmation from Tabata himself that they exist.

QxAX8Qz.jpg

(From Tabata's Jump Festa interview with Viz in late 2016)

At the time of this interview, we only had the day one Black Bulls. No Zora, who would come a few months later, or Henry or Nero and of course, no Vice-Captain. But Tabata confirmed fairly early on that the Black Bulls do in fact have a Vice-Captain.

What do they look like? Have they appeared yet?

We still haven't gotten a clear look at them. However, there are two potential sightings of the Vice-Captain in the series.
tQ5lqSNl.jpg

(Chapter 2 - Before the Magic Knight Exam)

eTN7inYl.jpg

(Chapter 140 - Henry's flashback of meeting Yami)

Those are, as far as I know, the only two panels we've had in the series hinting at what might be the Vice-Captains appearance. Their silhouette and...their boots. In the first image, we see they have long hair which makes me think they might be a woman though they could just be a long-haired man (I'd prefer a woman cause all the VCs we've seen so far as male). They're also, along with Magna, the closest to Yami in the image which is fitting of their presumed role.

In the second image, we see a a bit of a pair of shoes that does not belong to any known member of the Black Bulls. It's showing the Black Bulls that would walk into the hideout, and thus provide energy for Henry, as of that point in the story (Ch. 140) after Yami tells this to Henry. I've labeled the shoes of all the known characters on there. The pair at the top is not Yami's, his shoes are black (and he's already in the hideout when he's saying this), so, while it's not much, this is the second (afaik) visual hint at the Vice-Captain.

Where are they? What have they been doing this whole time?

g4h9cPyl.jpg

(Chapter 4 - Asta arrives at the hideout)

This is what Yami says when Asta enters the hideout. "Breaks or slacking off" to me applies to Zora and Henry. It's likely that "out on missions" applies to the Vice-Captain and that's why they haven't been seen throughout the first 239+ chapters.

If it feels weird for the Vice-Captain of a squad to be away for that long, remember that Xerx Lugner, Vice-Captain of the Purple Orcas, was stationed in the borderlands unseen by the local members of his squad for long enough that Zora was able to impersonate him at the Royal Knights Selection Exam and fool most there including other Purple Orcas.

It is probable that the Black Bulls Vice-Captain has just been away from the Clover Kingdom the whole time which would be why they weren't involved in any of the Midnight Sun affairs that the others dealt with. What have they been doing? We'll find out when we see them.

-----------------------------------------------------

And there you have it. All of the info/hints at the Vice-Captain of the Black Bulls I know of. Wanted to put this together so that I can easily find for future reference but also so that we're all up to speed (cause much of this is old, some isn't even in the anime). If you have more, do share!

I've said this before but my only guess based on all this is that they've just been a spy in a foreign country. Diamond had spies in Clover during the first saga, which is why they attacked Kiten when they did, so it's not unreasonable to think Clover has spies out there too and a Black Bull being a spy somewhere would fit with how Julius deemed the Black Bulls to be best squad for the Underwater Temple mission because most of the Bulls are not "restricted by family or social status".

At any rate, I'm very eager to meet and learn more about them. Hopefully soon!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dedication Through Light
Oct 25, 2017
In the second image, we see a a bit of a pair of shoes that does not belong to any known member of the Black Bulls. It's showing the Black Bulls that would walk into the hideout, and thus provide energy for Henry, as of that point in the story (Ch. 140) after Yami tells this to Henry. I've labeled the shoes of all the known characters on there. The pair at the top is not Yami's, his shoes are black (and he's already in the hideout when he's saying this), so, while it's not much, this is the second (afaik) visual hint at the Vice-Captain.
could the shoes be Zora's?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Episode 119 was really hype again in the dub. It's probably the first big ep I'll rewatch more in Japanese than English in the future because Ayane Sakura's performance for Nero is just too damn good but Dallas Reid and Kellen Goff (Word Devil) absolutely killed it. Happy with how it turned out.

OP
OP
Dedication Through Light
Oct 25, 2017
omg i still get so teary eyed and smiling from episode 119, like, omg.

cant wait for the blu ray version since everything i watch on the stream version always gets pixelated during the cool black and white scene

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My man Yuno looking at his power up he'll pop during that Zeno rematch.

5th Anniversary Fan Art

omg i still get so teary eyed and smiling from episode 119, like, omg.

cant wait for the blu ray version since everything i watch on the stream version always gets pixelated during the cool black and white scene
Yes I'm excited for the Blu Ray version as well because for as good as that episode is, there are parts where you can tell the staff was really rushed (and it's impressive the ep turned out that well despite its poor schedule). One of the animators said to look out for the final version of the ep cause it'll be much improved. We won't get it here for a while tho haha.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nice episode today. I like the new additions to the OST here for the start of the court scene and the arrival of the Black Bulls. I like how they handled that whole part.
(Also Marie putting down Gauche is always fun)

Interesting difference here is that they had Asta put on a tracking bracelet after the trial and that feels like something to allow for filler where he can stay in the Clover Kingdom for longer than he did in the manga.

Small thing I always liked from this part is how when Damnatio enters Julius' room, he's got his scales out as though he judging him before even starting to talk.

Recap for the next two weeks it seems. I wonder what will happen afterwards and if we get filler in Clover or in Heart. They may adapt the remaining Light Novels too.

------------------------------

Random thought I had when watching the ep and seeing the updated intro again
jkW98gol.png

This is the first page of the series and the basis for the intro of the first 117 episodes. It's basically the story they tell in the Clover Kingdom (and along with it Noelle and Mimosa had the elves described to them as "demons" by their Grandmother) but we know this isn't true. There was only one demon and it wasn't "humanity", just their kingdom.

I now wonder if this page is also meant to hint at what Asta and co. may face in the end but literally, where all of humanity actually is in danger and there are many demons or devils and this is the event that precedes him becoming the Wizard King.
"Their shadows are crawling through our world!" is what Dorothy said when talking about devils (and we know the Spade Kingdom has multiple of them) so I wouldn't be surprised if the endgame is actually ridding their world of devils somehow (and/or maybe going straight to the source...).

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The way Tabata's previous series ended, I've always assumed that was the eventual goal.
Yup. Them going into the world of devils has only been a fairly recent consideration for me but it would make sense for them to eventually just be like "Yo these devils are just gonna keep popping up here, let's take the fight to them instead" if that's somehow possible.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

It's Grey's birthday, and for that I've updated my theory on her with a few things that has come to mind in the months since it's been posted, mostly from the last time I re-read like a month ago.

Random theory time! Leaving this here for the record so that I can brag 3-5 years from now if this is true.

Theory: Grey is the Black Clover version of Loki (and the Queen of Witches is a goddess too)

Reasons I suspect this:

1. It's already been suggested that their are gods in their world. Throughout the Underwater Temple arc, a "Sea God" is mentioned multiple times, as the one to whom Kahono and Kiato would dedicate their performances to as children and it's also the term used by the people who live there when they see Noelle's Sea Dragon. And Noelle is called the "Sea Goddess" by the people of the temple. Vanessa also mentions a "God of Fate" during the same arc, when talking about Asta's nature. But the most concrete evidence of there not only being gods but also that the gods have interacted with mortals before is what Patry says about the elves to Yami in their first encounter:

O73nrvY.jpg

(Vol. 6, Chapter 47)

There's also Sephira from which comes the name "Apostles of Sephira", the ten elves who can receive "divine" revelations.
29KlIgEm.jpg

(Vol. 19, Chapter 182)

There may be other mentions of them beyond those. And also just there being demons/devils means we're likely to see their counterparts.

2. Black Clover is inspired by Norse mythology in many ways. The currently known races of humans, elves, dark elves and dwarves are present in Norse mythology. There are also references in the magic used by some characters. Noelle and Acier Silva have "Valkyrie Armor" spells. William Vangeace uses World Tree magic and one of his spells is named "Great Tree Misteltein" which is apparently the name of a sword in Norse mythology. And the mark that was on Julius' is a Nordic rune.
And we also know that there are multiple worlds. There's the normal one we've been in so far and what is often called "the other world" or "underworld" (from which devils come, as well as some forbidden spells people use), the shadow palace which is in between the two and possibly others. (And William's World Tree magic may end up being the key to travelling between them, based on how Yggdrasil connects the nine realms in Norse mythology)

3. Grey's backstory is still largely unknown, with the only detail being that she wasn't confident and couldn't reveal her true form to people. Prior to the reveal of her true form, she's shown to use her transformation magic to be somewhat mischievous around the Black Bulls. And her transformation is presented as unique because she can transform her body like a few others but she can go beyond that to transform things around her, which other characters aren't used to seeing.
r3pGDLm.jpg

(Vol. 8, Chapter 66: Underwater Temple Fight with Eye of the Midnight Sun)

ZEiR8dV.jpg
VBWhQwR.jpg

(Vol. 15, Chapter 139: G3 vs Eye of the Midnight Sun at Black Bull HQ)

And so far, the Black Bulls that were noted to have surprisingly or atypically strong magic have had big reveals tied to that. Charmy's magic was described as weirdly impressive and she was hinted at for a while as being something more than just a normal human, then was revealed to be a Dwarf hybrid. Luck had noble-class magic power despite being a commoner, then was revealed to be an elf reincarnation (incidentally, with Luck not knowing his father, having noble-class magic and his elf Rufel being the younger brother of Charla who took over Charlotte Roselei, there may be more to learn about his past).

Also, this is how Grey is first shown:
OJ0nJOl.jpg

(Vol.1, Chapter 4)

Not her true form but she's introduced looking like a giant, considerably bigger than anyone in that panel and anyone we've seen in the series thus far (except for Licht's demon form). Besides this form, she's only transformed into people she's seen so this might be a hint at the kind of people she had around her in her past. And not only are Giants present in Norse mythology like the other races in BC, Loki is a half giant from his father.

4. This is the simplest yet biggest one to me...we still don't know what Grey's name is...

sTsXxzB.jpg

(Vol. 8)

I had either never noticed or forgotten about this until recently seeing it again but yeah...we don't know her real name.

Every time a character's real name has not been revealed at the time of introduction, it means that the name is important or has special significance. The most obvious case is how the leader of the Eye of the Midnight Sun is first called "The Master", then it's "Master Licht" once he appears on screen, then "Master Licht" talks about how everything he's doing is for "the master", suggesting someone above him and afterwards we learn that the real Licht died a long time ago and the one who went by that name is actually "Patry".

Another example is how the First Wizard King was unnamed for more than 200 chapters and his name was only revealed in the most important flashback of the series that revealed the truth about the past, when his friend Licht said "Lumiere, please kill me", showing that even their names are connected.

Name reveals are important and Grey's still going by an alias. Now that Patry and Secre's identities have been revealed, she's the character that's been going by an alias for by far the longest time in the series and her name being very important seems more possible when you consider the following:

The ONLY other character who had a Character Profile in the volumes BEFORE their real name has been revealed is the Queen of Witches (Zora, Lumiere, Secre and Patry all had their Character Profiles after their identities were revealed).

HXy7wwg.jpg

(Vol. 12)

This is the only other time it has happened. And it's very suspicious not only because it wasn't done with the others who had their names hidden, but also because "Real name unknown" suggests a future reveal and the only other character in Grey's situation is the woman who is probably a goddess herself given that she's been alive for over 500 years, seemingly knows about everything, was chaining high-level spells effortlessly to the point where a royal like Noelle found her magic more terrifying than that of the strongest elemental spirit Salamander and she's the one whose daughter can literally reshape fate. She also said that some of the elves were equal to her, which would fit with what Patry said about elves rivaling gods.

To let that man tempt you away...!
89AqOwvm.jpg

(Vol. 10, Chapter 82)

4lYiZKBm.jpg

(Vol. 12, Chapter 101)

Conclusion:
...I think Grey might be BC's take on Loki...don't have much else to say. If she's not Loki, then regardless there's enough that makes it seem like she's pretty goddamn special considering the characters she's similar to. I've been thinking about this for a few weeks now since re-reading the series and thinking about how there was still much unknown about Grey. I'm looking forward to learning more about her in the future.

Maybe there's other stuff I'm missing that strengthens or weakens this but I just felt like writing this up for posterity.

(Edit: Turns out I did forget some stuff, edited two details into points 2, 3 and 4. Took out some unnecessary stuff)

Anyway, I like Grey and am really looking forward to learning more about her. She has one of the backstories I am now most curious to learn about, along with Charmy and Yami. More than the Loki thing, I'm really curious about whether there really are giants and where they even are now. (Her being ashamed to be in her true form and defaulting to a giant form would make sense if she somehow grew up around giants and got teased for being small or something)
---------------------------
Glad the manga finally returns tomorrow. Wonder if we're picking up in the Heart or with Yami and the Bulls. My guess would be Heart and that we don't see Dante vs Yami for a bit (or maybe even at all? I wouldn't be surprised if he was taken out off-screen like William to keep some mystery around Dante or something like that).

Last edited:

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017

It's Grey's birthday, and for that I've updated my theory on her with a few things that has come to mind in the months since it's been posted, mostly from the last time I re-read like a month ago.

Anyway, I like Grey and am really looking forward to learning more about her. She has one of the backstories I am now most curious to learn about, along with Charmy and Yami. More than the Loki thing, I'm really curious about whether there really are giants and where they even are now. (Her being ashamed to be in her true form and defaulting to a giant form would make sense if she somehow grew up around giants and got teased for being small or something)
---------------------------
Glad the manga finally returns tomorrow. Wonder if we're picking up in the Heart or with Yami and the Bulls.

you've got me convinced

My guess would be Heart and that we don't see Dante vs Yami for a bit (or maybe even at all? I wouldn't be surprised if he was taken out off-screen like William to keep some mystery around Dante or something like that).
bro PLEASE don't say that

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Would it be against legislation or unethical for Yuno to both assume kingship in spade kingdom and become wizard king in clover kingdom.

I'll need Damnatio to weigh in.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Chapter today right?

Potential first chapter in a while without Yuno. What are we going to do.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Jolly first page with vibes that obviously weren't gonna last lol.
So Vanica has Megicula and not Dante? I'm surprised because I thought if anyone had them, the king would but also not really because the only two people tied to Megicula were women (Acier/Lolo).
(Is Noelle getting humbled now too then like Yuno?)
(Is Noelle getting Yuno'd?)
Interesting that the Bulls are just stationed near Spade. I guess Asta's been seeing them during the timeskip. Gauche's new outfit looks cool. Zora's situation is getting weirder and now I'm confused as to whether he actually trained in the Heart like the others that were shown pre-timeskip, since he's been spending time with Magna too.

When Dante was shown just casually approaching that was hype (Finral dipped at the right moment lol), then he lifted the building and I got more hype and then it was finally confirmed: GRAVITY MAGIC!!!!!!!! (called it)
(Interesting spell name btw, "Presence of the Demon King")

Asta vs Dante. Noelle looking to fight Megicula. Man the whole Big 3 getting stomped with the start of this arc...

Last edited:

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Jolly first page with vibes that obviously weren't gonna last lol.
So Vanica has Megicula and not Dante? I'm surprised because I thought if anyone had them, the king would but also not really because the only two people tied to Megicula were women (Acier/Lolo).
(Is Noelle getting humbled now too then like Yuno?)

Interesting that the Bulls are just stationed near Spade. I guess Asta's been seeing them during the timeskip. Gauche's new outfit looks cool. Zora's situation is getting weirder and now I'm confused as to whether he actually trained in the Heart like the others that were shown pre-timeskip, since he's been spending time with Magna too.

When Dante was shown just casually approaching that was hype (Finral dipped at the right moment lol), then he lifted the building and I got more hype and then it was finally confirmed: GRAVITY MAGIC!!!!!!!! (called it)
(Interesting spell name btw, "Presence of the Demon King")

Asta vs Dante. Noelle looking to fight Megicula. Man the whole Big 3 getting stomped with the start of this arc...
Gravity Magic seems a bit derivative at this point in the shonen world, but hopefully Tabata puts it to some cool usage

is Megicula the same devil that killed Noelle's mom or whatever? I assume so bc of her reaction on hearing the name.

Asta about to get bodied , so much for training lol, although maybe he will learn something about how to use his Devil more.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, so he does have Gravity Magic. I was hoping for another Time Magic user, but oh well.

Him not having Megicula is rather interesting. This makes me think that Dante's demon is going to be something a bit more unique. He and his demon probably know the deal with Asta's Demon. This clash would be the perfect moment to reveal that potential link.

Also of note, there is an interesting pattern.

Zenon was there when Yuno's birth parents were killed.
Vanica is housing the demon that was responsible for Noelle's mother's death.
Could we be leading up to some revelations about Asta's own heritage?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Gravity Magic seems a bit derivative at this point in the shonen world, but hopefully Tabata puts it to some cool usage

is Megicula the same devil that killed Noelle's mom or whatever? I assume so bc of her reaction on hearing the name.

Asta about to get bodied , so much for training lol, although maybe he will learn something about how to use his Devil more.
Oh most the attributes here have been seen before lol. But I just like folks who control gravity haha. Hoping Tabata does some cool stuff with it.

And yes, Acier Silva died from being cursed by Megicula and Dorothy told Noelle that in dream world. (Noelle's not actually allowed to reveal that though, cause talking about it gets you cursed which is why it happened in Dorothy's spell)
Ah, so he does have Gravity Magic. I was hoping for another Time Magic user, but oh well.

Him not having Megicula is rather interesting. This makes me think that Dante's demon is going to be something a bit more unique. He and his demon probably know the deal with Asta's Demon. This clash would be the perfect moment to reveal that potential link.
Yeah now I'm very curious what his devil could be.
Also of note, there is an interesting pattern.

Zenon was there when Yuno's birth parents were killed.
Vanica is housing the demon that was responsible for Noelle's mother's death.
Could we be leading up to some revelations about Asta's own heritage?
Bruuuhhhhhh

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I never considered Vanessa would be classified as 0 but yea makes sense right.

asta can't get yuno'd right after a training arc right....

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Btw, 6 Spade invaders in the Heart, 5 Spirit Guardians + Lolopechka so easy matchups, with Lolo probably fighting Vanica (if she fights at all). If it goes down like that I imagine each Spirit Guardian would have their Clover trainees as backup (though I'd like to imagine they can take down the invaders solo except for Vanica) and Noelle would probably join Lolo.

(A thing I'm curious about is how Noelle somehow took a copy of Undine with her to that town that Leo and Luck saved. Presumably it works cause she uses water magic but that's interesting and could make for a cool team-up)

Also, something I just thought about with Zora and Magna hanging out is that not only they're both peasants but they also both have Flame-based magic (Ash and Flame) so maybe they're training together. Both have to deal with being born with low magic amounts so maybe Zora's showing Magna some tricks. (And if Zora did train in the Heart, which I'm getting increasingly confused about but is still probable, he likely would've trained with the still unseen Fire SG Floga, who trained Leo, and now I think maybe he snuck Magna in somehow. Would be cool)

I never considered Vanessa would be classified as 0 but yea makes sense right.

asta can't get yuno'd right after a training arc right....
Yuno'd lol. But yeah it's happening.

Oct 25, 2017
Btw, 6 Spade invaders in the Heart, 5 Spirit Guardians + Lolopechka so easy matchups, with Lolo probably fighting Vanica (if she fights at all). If it goes down like that I imagine each Spirit Guardian would have their Clover trainees as backup (though I'd like to imagine they can take down the invaders solo except for Vanica) and Noelle would probably join Lolo.

(A thing I'm curious about is how Noelle somehow took a copy of Undine with her to that town that Leo and Luck saved. Presumably it works cause she uses water magic but that's interesting and could make for a cool team-up)

Also, something I just thought about with Zora and Magna hanging out is that not only they're both peasants but they also both have Flame-based magic (Ash and Flame) so maybe they're training together. Both have to deal with being born with low magic amounts so maybe Zora's showing Magna some tricks. (And if Zora did train in the Heart, which I'm getting increasingly confused about but is still probable, he likely would've trained with the still unseen Fire SG Floga, who trained Leo, and now I think maybe he snuck Magna in somehow. Would be cool)

Yuno'd lol. But yeah it's happening.
Let me have that it felt so good to say lmao

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Btw that chapter title? "The Great War Breaks Out". If this is called "Great War", I better see Mars and the other Diamond people finally. Hopefully we'll see them somehow after these encounters. Presumably both Dante and Vanica are stomping so maybe they'll realize they need to ally with Diamond too before striking back at Spade for real. Diamond been getting stomped too so they're already setup for a revenge.
(But man Spade really turned the tables on them after they thought they'd just go invade themselves after training)

Also, hadn't noticed at first but Nero's on the first page in bird form.
----------------------------