• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So this is neat

That is the Black Apple from Hungry Joker, Tabata's previous series in SJ. When the MC took a bite from it, he got gravity powers and gravity magic user Dante's mark is a nod to that. I hadn't even realized that at first.
So now we have current MC Asta going up against this world's version of Tabata's old MC lol.

(Another random neat Hungry Joker connection is how Noelle's predecessor in that used Steel powers. So both her predecessor in Shonen Jump and her in-universe predecessor, her mother, have steel powers)

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
(Interesting spell name btw, "Presence of the Demon King")
L94vWuVl.jpg

I've been thinking about this bit and it possibly seems obvious, I wasn't quite sure myself and the hype of finally seeing Gravity magic took over my brain so my mind went to Dante's Devil at first, but the "Demon King" in this instance probably isn't someone else but rather points to Dante himself. He is the "Demon King".

It's in line with the distinction there seems to be in the series between "Devil" and "Demon".
(I checked the Spanish chapter and the distinction there is "Diablo" and "Demonio". From the anime, I'm pretty sure the distinction in Japanese is "Akuma" and "Majin")

Here's a reminder on what so far it seems to have been like:

Devil/Akuma = Someone from the other world, they're probably born as devils

Demon/Majin = Someone from this world but affected by the other world
(Actually becoming a "demon" like Licht did is probably the final form of the Weg curse Julius mentioned)

(Licht became a "demon" when taking in negative mana and using forbidden magic, Patry became able to use "Demon Light Magic" after becoming corrupted into a Dark Elf.)

So Dante being the "Demon King" just ties back into this
hwRDiHUm.jpg

(And reminder, their epithet in the anime was straight up "Demon Kingdom")

The "demons" there are just the people themselves, the Dark Triad (+ maybe the disciples counts), who use "devil power" but the devil/demon distinction is maintained.

All this to basically say that the name of the spell is not to point towards Dante's devil, Dante's just the demon king cause he rules the demon kingdom, Spade. But it's not confirmation that some devil king is within Dante (if there's a Devil King, they'd probably be in the other world).

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Demons might also be referring to "Arcane" spellcasters.
For some of them yeah.
I think not all Arcane Stage folks are demons but all "demons" (or those demon-like) are Arcane Stage. So Asta, Secre (they haven't been officially called demons yet but they have horns) and presumably the Dark Triad are arcane from having devils possessing them.

It will be clearer when Patry shows up again and we see if he's called Arcane or not. Presumably he would because his magic worked on the Word Devil's spells.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
So Captain Yami is the real mystery here.

Vangeance and Charlotte were cursed. Patri was turned into a Dank Elf. Pasta Salad is possessed, sort of. Yami...just has Shadow element stuff which can pierce demon magic? Okay. Cool. Cool.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The thing that's weird about "Arcane Stage" is that it applies to people in different circumstances. Basically, if we take it as "Arcane = Can kill devil", which makes sense given what Lolo told them and Yami then getting confirmed as one despite not being cursed or anything, then right now we basically have two types of Arcane Stages.

Inherently Arcane (special, unique magic attribute that happens to work on devils):
-Yami
-Julius
-Vanessa (She's called Stage Zero in the English version but it's apparently a mistranslation and it's "arcane" in the JP version. She's also called Arcane in the Spanish version btw)
-William?
-Nero?

Artificial Arcane (affected by the other world so their abilities work on devils):
-Asta
-Licht
-Lumiere
-Patry
-Nero?
-William?
-Charlotte??

(Not exhaustive, just examples off the top of my mind)

Question marks on William and Nero because I don't know for sure which one they'd count as. Zeno noted William's magic, saying "So that's World Tree Magic, is it? For the benefit of the Spade Kingdom, I'll take it", so I assume William's magic is inherently Arcane (it would make sense for it to be special cause no one else has World Tree magic) but he also has a curse so maybe it's from the curse (BUT it's a curse from birth so does it even matter?!?!).

Then for Nero, Lolo mentioned both her magic attribute AND the fact that she used forbidden magic. So no explicit distinction made.

That's why I want to see if Patry (because his magic was shown to be effective on a devil and unlike Lumiere/Licht, he's still here) and Charlotte (because she was cursed) are officially called "Arcane" or not.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
I think Dante's words about Vanessa's magic in this chapter is the clearest designation. Magic that goes against the Natural Order basically. That also coincides with Loro's explanation about Clover's use of unnatural magic.

As for those who are curse, It's hard to say. I think we'll get confirmation if Dante mentions anything about Henry in the next chapter or if Loro gives any sign of it. But it would be the best explanation for William since his magic (and Loro's) is natural.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for Luck to do this post-timeskip. I'd hope he reached this level due to his training in the Heart, or at least something close to it (since the Golden Dawn folks weren't able to match the strength of their elves yet). We should see if he can do it fairly soon.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Arc sure is moving. Even with 15 pg chapters

Noelle about to get Yuno'd
Asta gonna get Yuno'd
Vanessa Vangence'd

You hate to see it.

What in the world are Magna and Fake Xerx up to

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for Luck to do this post-timeskip. I'd hope he reached this level due to his training in the Heart, or at least something close to it (since the Golden Dawn folks weren't able to match the strength of their elves yet). We should see if he can do it fairly soon.

Hnnnnng stop it's too early for stimulation

also I coined the term yuno'd let it be known

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hnnnnng stop it's too early for stimulation

also I coined the term yuno'd let it be known
Oh don't worry, "getting Yuno'd" is canon now, updated my chapter thoughts to reflect that.
-----------------------
Btw, Dante was using a bit of his devil power already I think. "zzt" seems to be the sound effect for when that happens. But the fur on his coat didn't turn black like Zeno when fighting William so it wasn't that much (edit: it's subtle but it's his eyes that change). Gonna be interesting to see if he uses more now, how far he can actually take it and if Asta gets to go all out or if it's saved for later.

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
VpRfET3l.jpg

(One of my favorite volume covers, Punished Patry)

After Mars, the character I want to see the most again is Patry. I'm very curious about what he and the remaining elves have been up to since the reincarnation was dealt with. I thought he'd likely be in the Golden Dawn cause he has ties to it but it looked like every GD member besides Mimosa and Langris was at the base during the attack so it's looking less likely (still possible he was just out). If he's not Golden Dawn, my best guess would be he's working directly under Julius and/or the Wizard King now.

And if there's some special, ANBU Black Ops-like, secret squad that reports to the Wizard King for Patry (and maybe the other elves) to be put in, and it's something we've seen already then it would probably be this:
EWgrIT9m.jpg

(Ch. 1)
(Though there are also other mages who worked directly under the WK who just have generic robes)

Or maybe he's busy with something else, like figuring out the origins of the elves (though he maybe knows already). Whatever he's up to, I wanna see him again this arc cause I love the idea of him defending Clover as part of his atonement and it would be cool for him to go help save William. (Curious what his design would be too, maybe he's got an eyepatch or hides his black eye or doesn't mind showing it.)
---------------------------------
Btw, it's still unclear who actually is the Wizard King at the moment. Julius can't fight anymore so even though he could've kept the title to just give orders, it's likely he stepped down so that someone who's more fit for the job can take the seat (cause the Wizard King is first and foremost the leader of the military, sometimes on the front-lines). If Julius stepped down, I think the most likely WK candidate right now is Nozel. Though it's also possible he kept the job and just uses transformation magic (he presumably did that with an item cause it's not Time Magic so his single-page grimoire wouldn't affect that) to fool the people of the kingdom when he has to appear in public. That would also make sense cause it'd keep the idea of Asta having Fuegoleon and Nozel as rivals.

Oct 25, 2017
Just a black clover women appreciation post there's a bunch more I could've shown too really one of my fav parts about the series was doing a reread and they do they thing every arc
d8dfbb52d13c224528c90c89df2a628d4611dfd5.png

latest
black-clover-chapter-177-spoilers.jpg

tumblr_p6is5iWGFD1tfir1xo1_400.png
tumblr_pjcuqtEMQe1vw0bgzo1_1280.jpg

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just a black clover women appreciation post there's a bunch more I could've shown too really one of my fav parts about the series was doing a reread and they do they thing every arc
d8dfbb52d13c224528c90c89df2a628d4611dfd5.png

latest
black-clover-chapter-177-spoilers.jpg

tumblr_p6is5iWGFD1tfir1xo1_400.png
tumblr_pjcuqtEMQe1vw0bgzo1_1280.jpg
And now there's Lolopechka and Vanica looking like promising additions to the cast.
--------------------
ERYaw0XUEAAnWc7

twitter.com

ソラツキ♉︎@本誌垢 on Twitter

“だーくとらいあど幼少期(年齢差わからない)”

(Wonder the age gap actually is)

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

There's a new version of OP 10, focusing on the Volume 23 stuff, from the aftermath of the war to right before the timeskip. Pretty cool update. I like the contrast between how somber the first version was due to the devil fight and flashback to how colorful this one is now that the fight is over. Cool to have a color scheme for Gadjah. And the Megicula/Acier and Dark Triad parts are hype, surprised they showed the latter cause Vanica and Dante aren't shown until after the timeskip. (Funnily enough, the posing for the Dark Triad part is inspired by a panel in Ch. 236 which only came out a month ago)

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

There's a new version of OP 10, focusing on the Volume 23 stuff, from the aftermath of the war to right before the timeskip. Pretty cool update. I like the contrast between how somber the first version was due to the devil fight and flashback to how colorful this one is now that the fight is over. Cool to have a color scheme for Gadjah. And the Megicula/Acier and Dark Triad parts are hype, surprised they showed the latter cause Vanica and Dante aren't shown until after the timeskip. (Funnily enough, the posing for the Dark Triad part is inspired by a panel in Ch. 236 which only came out a month ago)

Great OP update. Still feels surreal that we have so few chapters to animate now lol

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
h1a4fDV.jpg

The map at the end of the OP just makes me more eager to see the Diamond to get involved lol. This arc seems to be presented as involving all the countries in this part of the world at once, with Clover/Heart teaming up, Diamond in shambles and Spade wrecking everyone so I'm really eager to learn more about the Diamond Kingdom. Maybe after Dante and Vanica complete their missions (with Vanica's being the scariest one cause she's just there to straight up kill people), some will be sent to the Diamond to get them to ally up before invading the Spade Kingdom itself and in the process, deal with whatever the Spade occupation there is and whatever problems the country already had.
(And I guess the Witch Queen could get involved too eventually cause Spade want every territory)

This international arc does also make me wonder a little about other countries in that world (putting aside the other world itself), like whatever is beyond Spade (the guidebook map didn't show borders and neither does this anime one so this isn't the full continent) and The Land of the Sun (presumably on the other side of the sea bordering Clover) though we probably won't find out about those for a while, if at all.

OP
OP
Dedication Through Light
Oct 25, 2017
Just skimmed through todays episode...really wish we had the missing pieces to Yuno's origin story added as, it still doesn't make sense how he and Asta were dropped off at the same time, dressed in the same shirt and basket.

Also is interesting that Nero has been there since the beginning (when asta got beat up for yuno sake), reminds me of aizen having been watching Ichigo since the beginning... of the story.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just skimmed through todays episode...really wish we had the missing pieces to Yuno's origin story added as, it still doesn't make sense how he and Asta were dropped off at the same time, dressed in the same shirt and basket.

Also is interesting that Nero has been there since the beginning (when asta got beat up for yuno sake), reminds me of aizen having been watching Ichigo since the beginning... of the story.
They were just found there on the same day. We were never told they were dropped by the same people and Yuno being left with a precious necklace that turned out to be a magic stone along with having immense magic power seemed to separate his potential origin from Asta's from the start anyway imo.
Them being in the same shirt is an anime thing but doesn't really matter either way.

(Hell, Asta not appearing in Yuno's backstory at all made the idea of his origin more interesting to me, if we ever learn it. Did a family see some kid left at the church and just took the chance to leave their undesired magicless kid there as well? Or is it some grander thing?)

Nero being shown watching them as they were beat up is weird and contradicts the implication from the manga that she only started monitoring Asta after he got the grimoire she was looking after but she hung around that general area anyway (due to its history and it having Lumiere and Licht's remains) and Yuno has one of the magic stones she was looking for and could feel somehow so meh.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Btw, when I checked the chapter again for Dante, I saw that Viz updated it to correct what he says and he now calls Vanessa "arcane" as it was in Japanese/Spanish.

And speaking of Dante, I'm curious what he wants to do with William and Yami's magic.

YbH29h3m.jpg

ET0JSmxl.jpg

In the last arc, William did a combo spell with Licht to be help connect and send off the elves and that made me think of what could happen with Yami's magic, more specifically "Dimension Slash". The thing about Dimension Slash is that...it doesn't actually cut through dimensions (or rather, it hasn't up to now), the name is just to say it cuts anything in its path including spatial magic. What would happen if it actually cut into William's World Tree magic? Something to look out for now that they not only have William but also that Dante "this world is too dull for us".

Regardless of what they plan to do though, if the plan isn't merely to secure Arcane folks who their devils are vulnerable against then how would they even put the Arcane magic of others to use? Do they have some way to manipulate them? Are they gonna torture them? Can they steal it somehow? Slightly leaning towards that last one for now because their Candela fortress absorbed magic from people to move so maybe they have something like that in mind that can somehow take someone's attribute. Remember Morris somehow made it so Mars had Fana's magic attribute in addition to his natural one.
(which I guess slightly increases the chance of Morris working with Spade lol)
5EERyPcm.jpg

(And also, Julius looking out after those two kids who had really special arcane magic is slightly suspicious too. Not in a "omg Julius is actually bad" way lol, just curious and now a bit more so with Spade wanting them for something and Julius not really punishing William that much)

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Dante and his gravity magic are fun. Dude's just toying with them, unlike Zeno who wasn't fucking around. (I like that he just immediately figured out how to deal with Asta and just casually threw trees at him)
Mirro Meteorite is cool. Too bad it likely won't do anything.

Dante wanting to take Vanessa could lead to the Witch Queen getting involved, which could be interesting (especially if it leads to info on if she wanted Vanessa and Asta's abilities to prepare for something specific).
But Yami will likely show up before he can take her. (so I guess he'd just take both at once, since he's waiting for Yami anyway...)
how did Asta negate Dante's magic before he attacked?
"He negated my magic, then attacked" is likely a mistranslation cause it doesn't even make sense in context (Asta had already launched his attack before Dante used his spell, which he did to try to counter Asta's attack). The spanish version says something more like "he cancelled my spell while also attacking" which I assume is correct cause it'd make for Black Slash to not be affected by his Gravity magic since it's anti-magic energy.

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Cool Dante art.
It'll be quite the missed opportunity if by the time the series ends, there aren't BC-themed playing cards lol. (maybe once we see more characters from each kingdom)
------------
Random thought but for how little screen time they've had for now, the Dark Triad have left much more of an impression on me than Patry and the Third Eye did in their intros. I already like them.
(Also, turns out Dante does have the embellished Spade symbol on his back, just wasn't drawn last chapter lol)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Their first impression is wiping out arguably the second best wizard team in clover kingdom like it was nothing so hell yea they better lol

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
In the Q&A for Volume 20 which just released here, Tabata says that Noelle's latent magic is possibly around the same as Acier's and Julius'. Not that surprising, even that Julius got mentioned considering the comment about Acier being the strongest captain of her time, but still cool to hear. Noelle is gonna be a monster by the end of the series. (Yami's squad is so stacked lol)

Meroleona, Yami, Charmy...haven't seen any of them get wiped out.
"second best team"

Oct 25, 2017
In the Q&A for Volume 20 which just released here, Tabata says that Noelle's latent magic is possibly around the same as Acier's and Julius'. Not that surprising, even that Julius got mentioned considering the comment about Acier being the strongest captain of her time, but still cool to hear. Noelle is gonna be a monster by the end of the series. (Yami's squad is so stacked lol)

"second best team"
Reading is easy when it's silfer lol

And yes the black bulls are massively stacked at this point it's almost unfair lol

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sooooo...y'all think Charlotte and Luck are siblings? It's something that's been in consideration since the elf possession happened and they got taken over by elves who are siblings (Charla and Rufel).

Here's what supports the idea, as far as I can tell:

1. As said above, their elf counterparts were siblings, with Rufel being the little brother Charla talked about wanting to see while she was around.
JiLqjvel.jpg

KR11hhvl.jpg

2. Luck doesn't know his father. He lived alone with his mother.

3. Luck has magic on the level of a noble, despite being a commoner.

4. Luck and Charlotte both have blonde hair and blue eyes.
Pjjl6dp.jpg

5. Luck's grimoire has plants on it.
91mZtrM-1NL.jpg

These are what lend credence to the idea afaik.

#4 is not super convincing because Luck's mother has blonde hair and blue eyes so he'd have just gotten it from her but it's still interesting cause as of now, I'm fairly certain they're the only two alive characters in the series with both traits, which does link them in a way (basically, it's not good enough on its own but interesting when taking the rest into account).

The most interesting one, after their elf counterparts, is Luck's grimoire having plants as part of its design cause I don't really see a reason for that to be there. Could be seen as just some random flourishes but again, it becomes more interesting when taken with the other points (reminder: Charlotte is from House Roselei). And we have had grimoires hint at future developments before, like with Charmy's grimoire having a knife and fork on it long before she was shown to have "Food Magic" as her second attribute, with her wolf literally using those utensils.

If Luck was somehow the illegitimate son of F-Roselei, it'd add another layer to his mother's joy at him winning against a noble as a kid. I don't see how this would come up and/or be revealed if it's true but maybe if we learn more about who cursed Charlotte and why they did, it'll somehow tie into it.
---------------------------------
A potential big flaw in the idea is that elf-possession shouldn't be an indication of folks being half-siblings because Finral didn't get possessed like Langris. Which is fair but actually ties into another small interesting theory, the idea that Finral actually was meant to be possessed (which if true, would then not be able to disprove the Luck/Char idea).
8zpMZQf.jpg

This is a simple one really. Here's child Latry (who possessed Langris) playing with Patry (first-person perspective flashback) and an elf who might be Finral's counterpart. I say that because of who he's with and because his hair is similar to Finral's initial hairstyle without the bangs in the middle.
(the hairstyle also looks similar to this guy but I don't think that's his elf again because of the company he's in and also because the anime showed him to be closer in age to Licht, while those are children)

So if that's supposed to be Finral's elf, why wouldn't Finral have gotten possessed?

XK9puYul.jpg

(Edit: Btw the first appearance of "True Magic" tier, which wouldn't be seen again until Gaja showed up. Maybe we'll see more this arc.)

Because Rades messed things up and 3 souls that were meant to be sacrificed were not. Patry's plan to sacrifice the Midnight Sun members he marked clearly wasn't an all-or-nothing thing given all the reincarnations that did happen despite Rades' spell, yet he did mark Rades, Sally and Valtos, so it likely was "1 human soul sacrificed = 1 elf soul reincarnated" and Rades prevented 3 souls from being sacrificed. So Finral was possibly spared from possession due to this (maybe random luck, maybe because he was still asleep/incapacitated and the reincarnation prioritized able targets).

Which, to go back to the initial point, is why this wouldn't disprove the Luck/Charla thing imo. (Doubt this second one would ever get confirmed though)

Soooo...are Luck/Charlotte siblings?

Last edited:

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Soooo...are Luck/Charlotte siblings?

I mean, you laid down some pretty solid arguments.

Considering the fact the Klaus and his cus were possessed as well as Gauche and Marie, I think there is some credence to the idea of familial possession. Finral may have lucked out, but I find it likely that he was the exception rather than the rule.

I think the grimoire is the biggest hint though.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Jump cover and Ch.242 color page are out there on Twitter (not sure that I can post cause magazine scans) and they are really cool.

Cover is Asta looking very confident and charismatic. Love the posing and expression.

Color page is Asta, Yuno and Noelle fighting in their transformations (w/ Yuno having the coolest pose imo). Cool to see Valkyrie Noelle in color and on a promotional thing finally (pretty sure that's never happened manga-wise, anime-wise she's only in two OPs) but I also like that there's finally art presenting the "big 3" of the series as such (that has also never happened). Especially nice to have it this arc given they possibly each have their own Dark Triad matchup.

And as a surprise bonus, there's also a 5th anniversary celebration poster by the hero of the anime adaptation himself, Tatsuya Yoshihara, again with Asta, Yuno and Noelle. Looks quite nice. It would've been cool to see his take on the post-timeskip designs but I don't mind waiting for that lol. His art here is just another thing that makes me imagine him somehow being the character designer too for the anime cause I love his style but I understand he's busy enough, especially needing to have been a producer in addition to being a director cause Pierrot couldn't be bothered to help out. (Fuck Pierrot)

Oct 25, 2017
Jump cover and Ch.242 color page are out there on Twitter (not sure that I can post cause magazine scans) and they are really cool.

Cover is Asta looking very confident and charismatic. Love the posing and expression.

Color page is Asta, Yuno and Noelle fighting in their transformations (w/ Yuno having the coolest pose imo). Cool to see Valkyrie Noelle in color and on a promotional thing finally (pretty sure that's never happened manga-wise, anime-wise she's only in two OPs) but I also like that there's finally art presenting the "big 3" of the series as such (that has also never happened). Especially nice to have it this arc given they possibly each have their own Dark Triad matchup.

And as a surprise bonus, there's also a 5th anniversary celebration poster by the hero of the anime adaptation himself, Tatsuya Yoshihara, again with Asta, Yuno and Noelle. Looks quite nice. It would've been cool to see his take on the post-timeskip designs but I don't mind waiting for that lol. His art here is just another thing that makes me imagine him somehow being the character designer too for the anime cause I love his style but I understand he's busy enough, especially needing to have been a producer in addition to being a director cause Pierrot couldn't be bothered to help out. (Fuck Pierrot)
Yuno look evil in that pose lol

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
1pTOlaT.jpg

Holy shit this chapter.

Dante's demon form looks so scary (he was scary in general this chapter). That's a weird symbol that he get on his chest. I guess going up in percentage affects people's appearances differently. Is warping space just a stronger version of his gravity magic somehow or is it perhaps the power of his devil?
Love how he just stomps Asta and is like "let's have a talk". I also like that he is just straight up evil.
Did he make a diamond sword by applying pressure on a rock (there's even a "shiing" sfx)? Man he's cool.

Interesting to see him try to push Asta. Makes sense he'd take an interest due to him being possessed by a devil like the triad. But man, is Gauche gonna be alright? No healers around and Finral's only bringing Yami so...not looking good for now.

That new form!!!! I'm pretty sure that's the first rage power-up a good guy has gotten in the series. Looks crazy. The aura goes down to his feet now and his hand and foot look way different. Three horns now too, with one popping up on the right.

Curious about the tease of presumably Asta's parent. Kudos to ArgyleReptile for calling it.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
1pTOlaT.jpg

Holy shit this chapter.

Dante's demon form looks so scary (he was scary in general this chapter). That's a weird symbol that he get on his chest. I guess going up in percentage affects people's appearances differently. Is warping space just a stronger version of his gravity magic somehow or is it perhaps the power of his devil?
Love how he just stomps Asta and is like "let's have a talk". I also like that he is just straight up evil.
Did he make a diamond sword by applying pressure on a rock (there's even a "shiing" sfx)? Man he's cool.

Interesting to see him try to push Asta. Makes sense he'd take an interest due to him being possessed by a devil like the triad. But man, is Gauche gonna be alright? No healers around and Finral's only bringing Yami so...not looking good for now.

That new form!!!! I'm pretty sure that's the first rage power-up a good guy has gotten in the series. Looks crazy. The aura goes down to his feet now and his hand and foot look way different. Three horns now too, with one popping up on the right.

Curious about the tease of presumably Asta's parent. Kudos to ArgyleReptile for calling it.
Yeah Dante is pretty cool. That stomp was really cool.

i think he used the gravity magic to warp space, enhanced by his devil power.

good chapter. I think Gauche is dead. Really interested to see where this goes.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
FSDBsyX.jpg

Didn't notice at first but Asta also gained a tail!
Also neat that unlike Zeno, Dante put his hands in his pockets only after he got serious. That family ain't got no respect.

Yeah Dante is pretty cool. That stomp was really cool.

i think he used the gravity magic to warp space, enhanced by his devil power.

good chapter. I think Gauche is dead. Really interested to see where this goes.
Yeah with Finral only bringing Yami and the Heart Kingdom people busy dealing with their own shit, I don't see how Gauche can make it (which makes now realize the bulls didn't have a healer until Nero). And it doesn't help that he helped do that big super last chapter, as though it's some last hurrah. Can't say definitively until it's confirmed, especially because there was a recent scare with Klaus, but...damn.

Either way, need Yami to come and save the day quick.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
FSDBsyX.jpg

Didn't notice at first but Asta also gained a tail!
Also neat that unlike Zeno, Dante put his hands in his pockets only after he got serious. That family ain't got no respect.

Yeah with Finral only bringing Yami and the Heart Kingdom people busy dealing with their own shit, I don't see how Gauche can make it (which makes now realize the bulls didn't have a healer until Nero). And it doesn't help that he helped do that big super last chapter, as though it's some last hurrah. Can't say definitively until it's confirmed, especially because there was a recent scare with Klaus, but...damn.

Either way, need Yami to come and save the day quick.
What % do you think Asta is in that form? 50? 75?

no world tree magic to save them this time...F to my boy Gauche

also I have to say using gravity/pressure to craft a weapon out of a big ass boulder instead of just using the boulder to crush them is some of the most unique use of gravity power I've read in manga. Really liked to see that.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If Gauche really dies then we'll have a true version of this
y8cfs4Y.jpg

Vanessa's fears when the Witch Queen captured them, which was the last push to awaken her power. She was even like "you're not killing anyone while I'm here" and Dante said nah fuck that and burned through her spell.
Can yami save the day at this point tho...
Well...he'll keep it from getting worse. Though the crazy thing is that Yami still is the target, this is just Dante "playing" with them while waiting for him to show up. So he'll probably lose too and get captured. Or maybe Dante will be content just taking Vanessa for now. But I really want to see how Yami will react to all this.
What % do you think Asta is in that form? 50? 75?

no world tree magic to save them this time...F to my boy Gauche

also I have to say using gravity/pressure to craft a weapon out of a big ass boulder instead of just using the boulder to crush them is some of the most unique use of gravity power I've read in manga. Really liked to see that.
I'd say over 50% for sure considering the new horn, tail, aura covering much more of his face and going down to his leg. Don't know about 75% yet but I want Dante comment on it so we can finally know.

(Honestly with how enraged he is, how the aura covering his limbs is rough instead of smooth and his hand and foot changing shape, this might even be the anti-magic devil finally trying to take over. The rough aura especially reminds me of the Word Devil when he got angry towards the end)

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I will cry zero tears if Gauche bites it. Also he's too popular and they know a dude who can revive the dead with no penalty.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Probably going to be a similar to the William thing where Vanessa gets taken but last of magic saved Gauche.

Damnatio about to come in out of nowhere and arrest Asta again.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Btw, Dante really did pull Asta's devil trigger...
Also, not that there isn't still time for it to happen cause Spade ain't fucking around but I thought for sure if a Black Bull would die, it'd be Magna. But I'm cool with it being Gauche instead.

I will cry zero tears if Gauche bites it. Also he's too popular and they know a dude who can revive the dead with no penalty.
No they don't. Assuming you're talking about Rades, he cannot revive people. He can zombify corpses and he can put displaced souls into bodies they're compatible with (if he's spent a lot of time with the person the soul belongs to). The latter not relevant here cause there's no soul stuff going on and he's not close to Gauche anyway.
Probably going to be a similar to the William thing where Vanessa gets taken but last of magic saved Gauche.
I'm not yet believing he's dead until it's 100% confirmed but Vanessa can't do anything here, Dante really did burn through all her magic. Otherwise Gauche getting impaled isn't something Asta and co. would've seen happen, only Dante (who wasn't even looking btw, this dude's got no respect) would've seen it.