• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
So... .. Game is distributed separately in Russia, as a f2p title. And due to steam weirdness. I appear to finally be able to escape those russian servers and play EU, cuz steamv ersion lets me connect to global... It also lets me use english client. All of these are good things if I'm not being clear.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
vAp8343.jpg
Yeah im good then thanks plus it apparently being heavy F2P monetised

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know about the xhunter XIGNCODE3 kernel level driver. Geez, I just deleted it, that thing would have been on my computer until the end of time.

You could always use Nvidia Geforce Now to play it.
No need to install it on your local machine, just install it on Nvidia's machine, lol.

You just need a decent internet connection.
And no data caps.

Last edited:

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
It's available on their website for free too, in case the game isn't listed in your region's steam store.

tfb0rgk.png

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
If you get the game, get the non steam version, that much I will recommend.

You can't change your account over to the non Steam version, or to the Steam version (likely because of microtransactions). Marvel Heroes allowed you to use Steam and Stand Alone Client at the same time, but if you played the Steam version once your account was always tagged as Steam so every time you bought something Steam got a cut (source: David Brevik).

Last edited:

Hyaku Shiki

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Do you guys think if I just run the game in steam until it asks me to create an account, and then shut it down ... that will possibly count?

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Played it for 2 hours and I don't know, man. It's just going from one battle zone into another and killing always the same enemies that isn't even somewhat dfficult. Effects and visuals are amazing for an MMO and I like the armor and weapon design and it almost plays like a character action game, but since it's so easy it doesn't matter which attack/skill to use. I feel like there's no real exploration as you have in ESO with all the different activities and zone/area journal helping you to complete an entire area.

These whole 2 hours felt pretty mindless and the visuals and the combat system doesn't really carry it. Maybe I give it another try the next couple of days, but it feels like everything resolves around the ingame shop and for you to spend money on it. I don't know.

Jolkien

Oct 25, 2017
Anchorage/Alaska
Played it for 2 hours and I don't know, man. It's just going from one battle zone into another and killing always the same enemies that isn't even somewhat dfficult. Effects and visuals are amazing for an MMO and I like the armor and weapon design and it almost plays like a character action game, but since it's so easy it doesn't matter which attack/skill to use. I feel like there's no real exploration as you have in ESO with all the different activities and zone/area journal helping you to complete an entire area.

These whole 2 hours felt pretty mindless and the visuals and the combat system doesn't really carry it. Maybe I give it another try the next couple of days, but it feels like everything resolves around the ingame shop and for you to spend money on it. I don't know.

The whole schtick of the game is to endlessly grind.

Jolkien

Oct 25, 2017
Anchorage/Alaska
Yeah, I mean, it is in almost any MMO. But it seems that there's literally nothing else to do. Sure, I'm at the very beginning, but even the beginning should offer some other activities.

IT's so bad (since there's no cap) that a level 64 can literally solo a team of level 63 with no danger. And to go from 63 to 64 I don't know the exact time but it's weeks of grinding.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was playing today and the combat looks great, but the techniques feel meaningless. At first it was cool because it was like a character action game/fighting game, but the moves just seem like they are there for show. I'm just mowing down countless mobs without resting. Also... the "storyline" just seems like something they slapped in there without thought. Maybe things get better and combat gets more risky later on, but I can already tell this is probably gonna be super grindy.

It makes me miss how FFXIV just levels you up as you move along the story. What a sweet MMO. I'll pick it back up when the new expansion is released.

I will say this about Black Desert. The character models and environments look great. The animations are top notch and makes combat feel like like your moves carry a ton of weight. It is the most pleasing combat I've ever experienced in a MMO and quite frankly it's one of the best combat systems I've played out of any game. It sort of makes me wish they made like a single player Musou game. The weigh it plays now already makes it feel like it's just a MMO Musou with the amount of enemies you can annihilate.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest

I was playing today and the combat looks great, but the techniques feel meaningless. At first it was cool because it was like a character action game/fighting game, but the moves just seem like they are there for show. I'm just mowing down countless mobs without resting. Also... the "storyline" just seems like something they slapped in there without thought. Maybe things get better and combat gets more risky later on, but I can already tell this is probably gonna be super grindy.

It makes me miss how FFXIV just levels you up as you move along the story. What a sweet MMO. I'll pick it back up when the new expansion is released.

I will say this about Black Desert. The character models and environments look great. The animations are top notch and makes combat feel like like your moves carry a ton of weight. It is the most pleasing combat I've ever experienced in a MMO and quite frankly it's one of the best combat systems I've played out of any game. It sort of makes me wish they made like a single player Musou game. The weigh it plays now already makes it feel like it's just a MMO Musou with the amount of enemies you can annihilate.

Much like with a lot of MMOs, the beginning is not a good demonstration of what the combat has to offer. This is probably way more so in BDO where combat is such a huge focus and where the story/initial grind is more or less a slog. They really pushed for rapid leveling so players could build other characters up faster but this in turn made trying to engage it as a new player far less enjoyable imo. Especially when you out level the main story content in minutes just by trying to complete a kill 15 enemy quest but have another 2 in the same area. Doubly annoying when things like inventory space upgrades are tied into the main story rewards.

In terms of PvE, it is much more about managing resources and dodging attacks (unless you grossly out gear/level the area). Some characters are easier with this than others. Outside of world bosses, most enemies you can fight reasonable well with skill and decent gear.

One thing you might enjoy would be to link up with others in the thread to try some casual pvp, see what works, what doesn't.

Node Management killed this game for me...
I thought it was really unique and should have been expanded upon way more. I'd say that actually managing the nodes though, without a value pack is really trash.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
played a bit way back during the japanese beta, uninstalled in less than an hour
i heard this game is extremely pay to win
mobile games wish they're as p2w as this game tier

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
Good to know, now I can finally get the Steam version and play it through GeForce Now, which means I will finally be able to play it when I want, as when I bought it before I could never play when I wanted to due to the size of the updates and how long it took to download them.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I play this on mobile actually and I am surprised that they are pretty close all things considered.