• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Goddamn Grana is beautiful, even with all its stuttery glory lol

Sucks that a lot of areas are too high level to me, still I'm having fun exploring and running from everything lol. I dunno why the map fog doesn't dissapear though :/

I sort of want to Ecket costume. It looks like it might look good with some dye. Got any screens?

I havem't dyed it, I like the original colors

m8Y5mQW.jpg

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in trying this game out, but I hear it has optimization problems even on high end PCs? Wonder how the eventual PS4 version would be.

OP
OP
Biestmann

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in trying this game out, but I hear it has optimization problems even on high end PCs? Wonder how the eventual PS4 version would be.

Game can be an absolute mess or run flawlessly depending your system and the time of day. The game is a strange beast in this regard no doubt. If you are curious to see how it stacks up for you, I recommend trying the free trial of the game. More info on that in the opening post.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
*cracks whip*
You guys should post pics of your Mystic characters. Show them off and get new people to jump in the game so Minty can finally collect guild funds.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
oh fuck me.
I thought the black abyssal weapon quest was once per character, but it's once per family. I wasted my box on the character I needed it the less lol

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
It's times like this Playstation Experience keynote that I'm glad I have Black Desert running in the background at all times.

Boofz

Nov 4, 2017
I have free 7 day trial codes here.

• Code 1 : 7BC4-6991-2E57-4209-929C
  • Code 2 : 943B-E7F6-E1F5-437D-8D54
  • Code 3 : 29CE-E304-B7BC-4522-8B02
  • Code 4 : E624-861E-4FC4-4817-B36D
  • Code 5 : DE41-4F3B-4278-4702-B1A0
  • Code 6 : 1148-8C8E-1C7B-4B03-9ABB
If you reach 30 and PM me a screenshot, I can give you a code for the full game for free. I have 3 of those codes.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Where is your Mystic?
bkIbsZ2.jpg

Don't Striker and Mystic use the same mainhand? The weapons can be stored normally.

I'm trying to remember if the Dim Magical Secondary Weapons were character bound. I believe they were even though some weapons are shared among different classes such as Musa/Maehwa Hornbows or Witch/Wizard/Ranger Daggers etc.

Parfait

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Striker and Mystic use the same mainhand and offhand, they will use a different awakening weapon I believe. As for the Dim, I dunno, I snagged a leather offhand and will be using that forever.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I'll probably throw my Striker's main and offhand weapon over to Mystic and see how it goes. I think they were Rosars because those are cheap. Mean while my new Musa finally got some upgrades on his dash skill, I am killing stuff in 1 hit still because he is weapon my Maehwa's gear bwahahaha

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
They should do something with the lvl 1 to 50 mission. It feels so important to do with every character because inv. Slots but....yawn -_-

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Once upon a time at least some of the quests would auto complete if you had done them before. I think they stopped that with the release of DK.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Once upon a time at least some of the quests would auto complete if you had done them before. I think they stopped that with the release of DK.

Well, some quest do autocomplete, but very few

Btw, they need to make more customization with purchased outfits. Like, I like the body part of the Mystic one, but then the lower part is she in her undies wtf. Why can't I have the regular trousers?

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Ferrs Yeah I'm not a huge fan of her costume so i'm not bidding on any of them at the moment. I'll wait for a few more to release before I decide what I want. I currently like her in Desert Camo (Bies posted a pic in discord) and Venia Riding outfit. I managed to snap up a tailoring coupon so maybe I'll throw Orwen or Valentia travel gear on her. Of course, half my characters are wearing Beginner's Serendian Soldier costume any way. Good ol' freebie.

I really wish the costumes were a bit more customisable. The Tamer for instance likes to have these massive sleeves.

Also. That new Ran Class.... Heels and acrobatics.
rlWzgz8.gif

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Ferrs Yeah I'm not a huge fan of her costume so i'm not bidding on any of them at the moment. I'll wait for a few more to release before I decide what I want. I currently like her in Desert Camo (Bies posted a pic in discord) and Venia Riding outfit. I managed to snap up a tailoring coupon so maybe I'll throw Orwen or Valentia travel gear on her. Of course, half my characters are wearing Beginner's Serendian Soldier costume any way. Good ol' freebie.

I really wish the costumes were a bit more customisable. The Tamer for instance likes to have these massive sleeves.

Also. That new Ran Class.... Heels and acrobatics.
rlWzgz8.gif

I actually like the red thingies in her arms and the colors of the outfit but yeah, the pants is a big turn off. That's why more customization would be cool.
Agree about the heels too, it makes my feet hurt lol

But really, I'm ejoying how smooth Mystic combat is.... and thats bad I really don't need another character to work lol

OP
OP
Biestmann

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I am quite fond of the look of the Desert Camo on my Mystic. Reason being, I went for an Egyptian-themed character, and the camo is a just fit. I am sure I will quite enjoy the Awakening costume too when it hits, and I think it's a much more compelling costume than the base pearl costume.

i1513067470762082.jpeg

Mystic is great fun indeed. You can buttonmash whatever button you wish, and you'll still likely find the skills connect in a natural combo. It's awesome. Now I'll have to find a good use for her, since making her a boss slave would feel somewhat wasted.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I know that BDO gets a lot of shit for having some armors sharing appearances but honestly I quite like some of the default armors, often more so than the costumes. Particularly for Maehwa, Sorceress and now the Mystic.

I actually like the first two ones for Mystic yeah. Problem is that I have Grunil and it's pretty meh lol (it's the fourth one). They should let you fashion with the other variations somehow :(

Btw, there's literally nothing gear related for Mystic in the Marketplace :( should have prepared myself in advance.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Gear related? You mean like gauntlets and those strap things that I forget the name of? Vambraces? I'll just give her my striker's scraps I guess. If it can get him to 56 it can get her there too I reckon.

Ahahaha I like the Grunil armor so I'm set there I guess.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Gear related? You mean like gauntlets and those strap things that I forget the name of? Vambraces? I'll just give her my striker's scraps I guess. If it can get him to 56 it can get her there too I reckon.

Ahahaha I like the Grunil armor so I'm set there I guess.

Yep, Gauntlets and Vambraces, I'm using quest related ones because there's nothing on the Marketplace and never leveled Striker (I tested both but I like Mystic smoothness more, even if Striker probably ends up being stronger).

Thanks got the lvl 55 Black weapon , and I hat a spare magical dim sub wep.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Solved my fashion issues using the Roaring Armor. It's not as good as my ULT DUO Grunil but meh... it's PvE

JgjDc6b.jpg

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Last time I used the Roaring armor it couldn't be dyed. Is that still the case? Is that the 2nd pic appearance from the list I posted above or is it something different?

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Her long ass jump seems interesting but I wonder how it will work when just falling from a rock give me desync issues lol
Other than that seems like a better Chakram Kuno, spin2win with even more range and better mobility. Not much of a fan.

m43lstr0m

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hi there. How does one get into the guild? My in-game family name is Bloodhaven. I have one of each female class, plus the Berserker. :)

OP
OP
Biestmann

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Hi there. How does one get into the guild? My in-game family name is Bloodhaven. I have one of each female class, plus the Berserker. :)

Hey there! There currently is a NA guild only. If that's what you're looking for, you can check my profile for a Discord link, and we'll discuss the details there.

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
Is there any way to make the glaring pop in stop? It's the major reason I don't play this game for very long.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Is there any way to make the glaring pop in stop? It's the major reason I don't play this game for very long.
When I upgraded my RAM earlier this year it improved (as did general smoothness) but it is still a something I notice. Particularly when I'm flying through the country side on a drifting v8 horse. I read that using a fast reading SSD will also lower it.
Player pop in inside towns is also pretty common in larger cities.
Monster pop ins I usually don't see when grinding but the respawn rate is low so it is easy to mistake that.

The pop in is mostly a game side issue. We can reduce it somewhat but it is something Kakoa needs to work out.
The game has been going through a lot of optimizations and the launch of the console release in the future should see some of these hit the PC side in force as well. I believe pop in reduction was one of the goals.

Kind of crazy but I got used to it and didn't notice until I played some other games. -_-

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I have an SSD and there's ton of pop-in too. The high end mode and that other check I can't remember helps a little but there's still clearly visible pop-in and the performance suffers a lot. It's part of the engine and I don't think they'll be able to fix it :/

OP
OP
Biestmann

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
The graphics update trailer they released roughly half a year ago showed noticably larger draw distance. I'm hopeful.

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have free 7 day trial codes here.

• Code 2 : 943B-E7F6-E1F5-437D-8D54
  • Code 6 : 1148-8C8E-1C7B-4B03-9ABB
If you reach 30 and PM me a screenshot, I can give you a code for the full game for free. I have 3 of those codes.
Are any of these codes still functional? I've been thinking about trying this game out a lot lately.

OP
OP
Biestmann

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, how do I use the codes on Steam? All I see is the option to buy the game.

Unfortunately, Steam doesn't offer the option for a trial. You will have to redeem the trial code through the official website, and the account created there will not be compatible with your Steam account should you decide to buy the game there later. Personally, I'd recommend getting the game through the website. The launcher is simple and friendly, and updates are smaller compared to the Steam version.

Boofz

Nov 4, 2017
Are any of these codes still functional? I've been thinking about trying this game out a lot lately.

These are still functional. If you reach level 30 I can give you the full game for free. Just let me know.