Black Desert |OT| Fish. AFK. Repeat.

Kentaro

May 3, 2019
I’m really digging the Wizard. Level 16 now and unlocking extra skills but I need to figure out the combos

Snormy

Oct 25, 2017
I’m really digging the Wizard. Level 16 now and unlocking extra skills but I need to figure out the combos
Did you also try other classes? Some of them start off a bit less fluid and powerful but every class I've used have been pretty fun in their own way. Wizards are very strong, great pick!

Kentaro

May 3, 2019
Did you also try other classes? Some of them start off a bit less fluid and powerful but every class I've used have been pretty fun in their own way. Wizards are very strong, great pick!
Not really just the Wizard since it’s my play-style in every game with classes. What do you recommend? I’m feeling a bit lost while playing

Snormy

Oct 25, 2017
Not really just the Wizard since it’s my play-style in every game with classes. What do you recommend? I’m feeling a bit lost while playing
My recommendation is to play what you like except Maehwa unless you really, really like her. Even then, consider Musa instead.
:(

All the classes are pretty fun and play a little differently. Witch and Wizard are massive nukers, they have great damage and large aoe making quite in almost all areas.

If you want a newbie guide maybe Biestmann can give you some advice. I think my knowledge is a bit dated at this point.

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
I feel so lost. All I’m doing is quests and nothing else

Help :(
It’s a sandbox game, so it depends what you want to get out of the game.

If you want to level quickly and get all your powers, kill lots and lots of monsters fast as you can.

If you want the best gear, grind silver as fast as you can from Suasans then buy it from auction.

If you want to craft stuff and make things google the crafting and go do that.

If you want to ride a unicorn start working on horses.

It’s like Minecraft in that way. The quests are literally a side note except the main quest line and give very little xp or silver. Everything else depends on what you want to do. It’s mostly deciding what group of monsters you want to kill and dojng that for hours.

Kentaro

May 3, 2019
If you join our Discord, I'll do my best to ease you in!
Thank you I appreciate it. Can I get an invite link please?
It’s a sandbox game, so it depends what you want to get out of the game.

If you want to level quickly and get all your powers, kill lots and lots of monsters fast as you can.

If you want the best gear, grind silver as fast as you can from Suasans then buy it from auction.

If you want to craft stuff and make things google the crafting and go do that.

If you want to ride a unicorn start working on horses.

It’s like Minecraft in that way. The quests are literally a side note except the main quest line and give very little xp or silver. Everything else depends on what you want to do. It’s mostly deciding what group of monsters you want to kill and dojng that for hours.
I want to reach max level for now and btw I’m on Xbox so I assume it’s vanilla BDO?

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
Thank you I appreciate it. Can I get an invite link please?

I want to reach max level for now and btw I’m on Xbox so I assume it’s vanilla BDO?
It’s the same tho in that aspect. Do the main quest line as you go (the black spirit stuff) but most importantly find the monsters closest to your level in each area, and kill large groups of them as fast as you can. You will level up incredibly fast and get your powers fastest that way.

Edit: try to fight monsters with white or green colored tags. If you can manage red do that. Greyed out tags means you out leveled them.

Questing is the slowest way to do anything

Snormy

Oct 25, 2017
What are the differences between XBO version and PC anyway? Are they a bit behind?

I feel so lost. All I’m doing is quests and nothing else

Help :(
I think the best approach is to think about some goals you want to achieve. If all you want to do is level at the moment there are guides for that and it is incredibly easy to do. However the main story quests are worth slogging through once or twice if only because it gives you some enhancing materials and some other nice items such as the roaring chest armor. Sure, the armor is not going to last and doesn't upgrade through normal means but it is quite decent for beginners and allows you to invest in other armor slots first.

I recommend doing the black spirit quests for now and breaking away once you complete the quest for level 50 (there is a specific quest for it). Then you can look to moving on for more grinding or pursing some other activities such as exploration, cooking, fishing etc. Do note however that there is no real instant fast travel so if you setup a home for cooking in Velia but you're adventuring in Valencia (you don't know where this is but it is quite far) then it will take a while to get back to cooking. For this reason many players make secondary cooking characters who just chill in a specific city to do various tasks.

How far along in the quests are you? The first set of main quests are quite lengthy but the others are less drawn out but might be a little more challenging.

Kaji AF16

Nov 6, 2017
Argentina
Started it through Xbox Game Pass, I just got to level 50. It has the best combat I have ever seen of a game of its kind. The multiple menus and subsystems have been overwhelming for a while, but I found the game to be extremely enjoyable, particularly in coop.

My Striker looks and fights exactly like a long-haired Ryu (from Street Fighter). I don´t intend to put premium currency into Black Desert but I do believe it can become one of my main games for some months.

Snormy

Oct 25, 2017
Started it through Xbox Game Pass, I just got to level 50. It has the best combat I have ever seen of a game of its kind. The multiple menus and subsystems have been overwhelming for a while, but I found the game to be extremely enjoyable, particularly in coop.

My Striker looks and fights exactly like a long-haired Ryu (from Street Fighter). I don´t intend to put premium currency into Black Desert but I do believe it can become one of my main games for some months.
I don't know if XBO game has the same packs but I'm happy with the money I spent on value packs. The boost in weight, inventory slots, exps and free dye+character customisation changes are just easy fun. Making my character look awesome while fighting and trying out new costumes is part of my enjoyment of the game and access to node investment from map menu is much better than having to trek out to each node you want to link up. It can be a bit of a trap though, if you have workers bringing in heaps of resources (often which contains some junk items as well) your city storage will fill quickly. This also means once the value pack lapse and the space gets reduced your workers might not be able to work.

Striker and Mystic are probably top 3 for me in terms of leveling them and just stomping on mobs. Their speed and power feels incredible.

Kentaro

May 3, 2019
What are the differences between XBO version and PC anyway? Are they a bit behind?

I think the best approach is to think about some goals you want to achieve. If all you want to do is level at the moment there are guides for that and it is incredibly easy to do. However the main story quests are worth slogging through once or twice if only because it gives you some enhancing materials and some other nice items such as the roaring chest armor. Sure, the armor is not going to last and doesn't upgrade through normal means but it is quite decent for beginners and allows you to invest in other armor slots first.

I recommend doing the black spirit quests for now and breaking away once you complete the quest for level 50 (there is a specific quest for it). Then you can look to moving on for more grinding or pursing some other activities such as exploration, cooking, fishing etc. Do note however that there is no real instant fast travel so if you setup a home for cooking in Velia but you're adventuring in Valencia (you don't know where this is but it is quite far) then it will take a while to get back to cooking. For this reason many players make secondary cooking characters who just chill in a specific city to do various tasks.

How far along in the quests are you? The first set of main quests are quite lengthy but the others are less drawn out but might be a little more challenging.
Yeah I’m focusing for now to reach max level but have yet to discover how to fish or make a ship..etc

Right now I’m at Trina Fort, just defeated the boss and now pursuing Belmorn

Rumi

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I’m focusing for now to reach max level but have yet to discover how to fish or make a ship..etc

You should definitely finish the black spirit quests up untill the end of Valencia part 1. Part 1 of Valencia has rewards that any new player shouldn't be passing up.

Rumi

Oct 26, 2017

Will do. Thank you
Any other tip?
Menu>Profile>Quest Settings. Check all of the boxes. This will let you see all of the quests in the game that might be invisible to you.

I wouldn't worry about hitting Max lvl. Players have been grinding since kr release on PC and no one has even hit lvl 65 yet(which isn't even the max lvl)

Xbox is taking a slightly different approach compared to how the PC version released their updates. Xbox just got absolute skills before awakenings with the Valencia update. I would focus on just hitting lvl 60 in order to unlock them all. You'll need a nice chunk of skill points for all of your absolute skills so you'll want to farm plenty of them. Soldiers graveyard is considered a good sp grind.

You can also look up the king of fighters side questline in mediah. It will give you a black abyssal mainhand weapon comparable to a duo mainhand.

Kentaro

May 3, 2019
Xbox is taking a slightly different approach compared to how the PC version released their updates. Xbox just got absolute skills before awakenings with the Valencia update. I would focus on just hitting lvl 60 in order to unlock them all. You'll need a nice chunk of skill points for all of your absolute skills so you'll want to farm plenty of them. Soldiers graveyard is considered a good sp grind.

You can also look up the king of fighters side questline in mediah. It will give you a black abyssal mainhand weapon comparable to a duo mainhand.
Yeah I’m on Xbox and I read that this is the vanilla BDO? I’m doing all BS quests now. Just reached 50

Kentaro

May 3, 2019
Also I’m having too much weight on me and it isn’t reducing. Stored my silver, sold plenty of stuff and still

Snormy

Oct 25, 2017
Also I’m having too much weight on me and it isn’t reducing. Stored my silver, sold plenty of stuff and still
Weight is often a problem. A wagon or horse goes a long way. What is weighing you down? Over time you can spend loyalty credits on weight expansion, highly worth it. On pc it costs 2500, 100 per day. You get 50 weight but limited to 4 per character.

Grunil armor is incredibly heavy. The ap is good but oof it was rough early on.

Getting a good belt will help too. If the Asula accessory set is available definite try to get that (and the rest of the set) as it is relatively easy and goes a long way. Otherwise some magic crystals could be some nice qol weight expansion.

Last edited:

Rumi

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think it's really been vanilla at all. Xbox had the reworked start of the story and the brand new pc Central market since day 1 plus a ton of other qol changes. Now we have Tet/pen plus absolutes before awakenings. They've also given us striker,lahn and dk before valk,tamer,maewha and so on. Our node and siege wars are still preawakened so the few players that have made the grind to lvl 60 for their absolutes are just deleting people because of the damage scaling and certain classes not having key skills tied to their awakenings in order to deal with it.

Rumi

Oct 26, 2017
Awakenings on Xbox are coming out May 29th. I wonder if they'll throw us another class as well.

OP
OP
Biestmann

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
In celebration of the Heidel Ball, all NA/EU Adventurers received a Wizard Gosphy pet today! 📷 Please claim the coupon on your Account page after logging on the website before Aug 31!

Steam Players: Esc > Info/Function tab > Redeem Button.

Website users: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/myinfo/#coupon (https://i.imgur.com/IwAMOOt.png)

Steam as mentioned click ESC -> Info/Function tab -> Redeem button.

Make sure you redeem it before August 31 since coupon seems to expire on the 1st of September.

Snormy

Oct 25, 2017
In celebration of the Heidel Ball, all NA/EU Adventurers received a Wizard Gosphy pet today! 📷 Please claim the coupon on your Account page after logging on the website before Aug 31!

Steam Players: Esc > Info/Function tab > Redeem Button.

Website users: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/myinfo/#coupon (https://i.imgur.com/IwAMOOt.png)

Steam as mentioned click ESC -> Info/Function tab -> Redeem button.

Make sure you redeem it before August 31 since coupon seems to expire on the 1st of September.
Checked it.
Wizard Gosphy
  • Talent: Skill EXP Boost & Better chance to gain Higher-grade Knowledge

I suppose this is good for new comers but it doesn't really entice me to come back. You would think given all the cool and cute pets giving us a coupon for a free pet of choice as celebration would be neat. But nah, just take this kinda cute wizard who frequently appears in packs and rewards any way. I already have more pets than I can field at once, some of them are pretty high tiers. Would have been neat to get some of the ones I actually want off the shop but Wizzy isn't it.