• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Redmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Took a personal break from the game some months ago, but it ended up being way longer than intended. Rolling back in, seems alot of things that have changed/been added, so I guess it's time to relearn everything and feel like I did back at the start heh.

Also, Is the guild still around/active these days? Wouldnt mind joining back up if possible.

mintylurb

Oct 25, 2017
Took a personal break from the game some months ago, but it ended up being way longer than intended. Rolling back in, seems alot of things that have changed/been added, so I guess it's time to relearn everything and feel like I did back at the start heh.

Also, Is the guild still around/active these days? Wouldnt mind joining back up if possible.
Yup, guild is still around!

OP
OP
Biestmann

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Due to the unforeseen loss of my authenticator, I was unable to log on for the past few weeks. I have updated the first post to include the new class, Lahn, now as well.
I'm glad to be back! Thanks to Selina and Mephala for getting me back into action!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Biestmann

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Dear Players,

We will perform our weekly maintenance as follows:

Date: Wednesday, 25.07.2018

Duration: 5h

Server Down /Server Up:

Global 8:00 UTC /13:00 UTC
Central (EU) 10:00 CEST / 15:00 CEST
West Coast (NA) 1:00 PDT /6:00 PDT
East Coast (NA) 4:00 EDT / 9:00 EDT

Reasons:

• Crio's Favor event will be added.
  • Challenge (Y) for reaching Lv.60 will be added.
  • Frigate Sailor Contracts will be added.
  • New monsters for Hunting will be added to areas of Kamasylvia.

Ending Events:
  • Mysteries of Summer will end.
  • Terrmian Waterpark will end.

Note:

Patch Notes including improvements and new features can be found on our Website after the maintenance.

Follow us on Twitter/Facebook to stay up to date.

Thank you for your support and understanding.

https://community.blackdesertonline...ce-regular-maintenance-july-25th-2018.264396/

Pearls were previously stated to vanish when the event comes to an end, so be sure to sell them for 1 million a pop before tonight's maintenance.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Hmm, no real loss than. I probably only have about 25-30 on me. The DUO Crescent Ring needed 50 and I got it once already before I stopped playing again recently. Didn't have the courage to attempt a tri. >_> it taunts me in my inventory.

OP
OP
Biestmann

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, no real loss than. I probably only have about 25-30 on me. The DUO Crescent Ring needed 50 and I got it once already before I stopped playing again recently. Didn't have the courage to attempt a tri. >_> it taunts me in my inventory.

Do you mean you got it once from the event? If so, no further exchanges are possible. You can only do that once. If not, then you've done away with a free 500M silver, since they doubled the amount of pearls you receive per day last week. Either way, I can take care of selling your leftovers if you hand me your info.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Do you mean you got it once from the event? If so, no further exchanges are possible. You can only do that once. If not, then you've done away with a free 500M silver, since they doubled the amount of pearls you receive per day last week. Either way, I can take care of selling your leftovers if you hand me your info.

Sure, TET my junk for me while you're at it Bieeeessss :D
And grind Bao to 57. Avo to 59. Eggs to 58. Berry to 58 and snipe all the costumes :D

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving Maehwa so far. My FFXI Samurai fix, she seem to be able to spam blade aoe abilities very often (Meikyo Shisui all the time), and I love the dashing/mobility.

OP
OP
Biestmann

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving Maehwa so far. My FFXI Samurai fix, she seem to be able to spam blade aoe abilities very often (Meikyo Shisui all the time), and I love the dashing/mobility.

I don't have one, but seeing Maehwa's fight is always such a treat. Especially when they get their Awakening. I think you made a good choice.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have one, but seeing Maehwa's fight is always such a treat. Especially when they get their Awakening. I think you made a good choice.
Oh I've made many choices. I have Sorceress, Witch, Kunoichi, Tamer, Mystic, and Dark Knight at 56. Below 56 are Maehwa 51, and Ranger 50. After those two I might get Berzerker for the cool looking costumes.

I'm still trying to feel out which will be the one I main, but it's hard to deny Witch especially with it's summon types on top of it's power. I like Tamer's beastmaster pet style so I may favor that (I wish they had some Monster Hunter type of bulky fur/leather/scale armor). Witch just seems disgusting when grinding, and it has the best weapons compared to my other classes right now.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest

I do really like her blade but in terms of raw power I find her lacking. Definitely the flashiest and prettiest attack animations though. I like some of the other characters but it is hard to deny Maehwa has a certain grace to it.

There is something about the kerispear is just isn't as nice. I think the focus on stabs vs a lot of her original clean arcs leaves a lot to be desired. That said, can't deny the upgrade in raw power.

Recovery animations are also nicer with the blade even if far less practical.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the blade wielders are awesome in this. I love the animations, and that they too have flower effects on at least one of their abilities. Reminds me of Tachi Kasha (ffxi samurai ability). I like that they use bows too. I started using the ranged attack when I back off of the Violent enemies at Soldier's Grave before repositioning for back attacks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Biestmann

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I do really like her blade but in terms of raw power I find her lacking. Definitely the flashiest and prettiest attack animations though. I like some of the other characters but it is hard to deny Maehwa has a certain grace to it.

There is something about the kerispear is just isn't as nice. I think the focus on stabs vs a lot of her original clean arcs leaves a lot to be desired. That said, can't deny the upgrade in raw power.

Recovery animations are also nicer with the blade even if far less practical.

Her blade stuff looks sweet, but I am fond of the spear myself. Thinking about it, I have always had a thing for spears in games....

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Her blade stuff looks sweet, but I am fond of the spear myself. Thinking about it, I have always had a thing for spears in games....

Didn't you delete you Maehwa? Lies!

Polearms are also my favourite melee weapons generally. I like the spear more than halberds aesthetically which is why I originally picked Maehwa over Musa but when it comes to attacks I think the Musa's massive sweeps with his glaive looks much better than the Maehwa's rapid thrusts.

I think the biggest disappointment with Maehwa is how awful Tiger Blade is. Also true Musa on this skill.

At some point I want to get some clips of some of the attacks from my other characters but the camera doesn't behave the way I'd like a lot of the times. The Sorceress for example, I find her attacks to be great. Less elegant but she feels strong and mean. Trying to capture that though is hard. Maybe next time I play. It'll give me somethign to do besides leveling and... fishing.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, can't wait for the polearm, one and a half more levels. Samurai and Dragoon in the same class? Sure why not. And the starting animation in that gif reminds me of penta thrust. Good times (not FFXIV, horrible times there, but nice graphics and animations).
Ux1SAhp.gif

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Now that the Nvidia presentation is over I'm wondering if they can make shiny armor reflect the actual world with 2080 ti. Looking forward to Wednesday and the shiny reflective surfaces anyway.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I like how it looks, still runs well for now in the city. I wish I could tone some things down though, like the DOF, and I don't know if I would like the gpu running at 70% for the amount of time I afk in the city, though at the marketplace it's only 50% so that's normal.

Also since I'm not a PVP player, I look forward to exploring the world and being blasted with magical visuals like this alien ship landing.

Credit: @Cpt_Crank [reddit]
eqw2h5I.jpg

Also we get a tier 7 white horse as a event reward for Remastered. It comes with a Divine Lahr Arcien Horse Gear Set chest. Doesn't seem like any info in the tooltips indicate that they are temporary.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Biestmann

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I like how it looks, still runs well for now in the city. I wish I could tone some things down though, like the DOF, and I don't know if I would like the gpu running at 70% for the amount of time I afk in the city, though at the marketplace it's only 50% so that's normal.

Also since I'm not a PVP player, I look forward to exploring the world and being blasted with magical visuals like this alien ship landing.

eqw2h5I.jpg

Also we get a tier 7 white horse as a event reward for Remastered. It comes with a Divine Lahr Arcien Horse Gear Set chest. Doesn't seem like any info in the tooltips indicate that they are temporary.

As someone who gets regularly blinded by the sun, I don't see a problem with that! The DOF seems a little overdone though, especially during movement.
As for the chest, I think the Remastered presentation said it was temporary only. Also, there is some debate about the horse right now, since it is supposed to come with two skills, but only has one. I advice against claiming the reward for now.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
So glad I didn't get the reward yet, thanks for the heads up.

Yeah I'm liking the brightness, I was retrieving all of my fallen fairies from storage in Tarif and noticed the brightness of the sand making things look very glowey. I like it a lot, looking forward to the next next graphics cards and a 4k monitor in the future. BDO Forever!

VqoSxkp.jpg

Also the horses can get very shiny.

I'm glad I saved this snowman hat, it's now a bling hat that you can put on any character.
fTA1IFf.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Biestmann

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, it looks a lot better in motion than it does in stills. Despite seeing so many pictures beforehand, I was really overwhelmed when I finally turned on the setting.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest

eqw2h5I.jpg

2urzedZ.gif

Can't want to melt my PC at Karanda.
I wonder if some of my cooler characters like Egg look weird now with the update.

OP
OP
Biestmann

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
So they provided an update on the horse situation. Basically, the horse is only supposed to have Sprint, and the tooltip was wrong. It's safe to claim it now, since nothing will change now that we have this confirmation.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Pretty sure devs said Remastered mode wouldn't impact the performance. I did well in not believe them.

It looks very pretty though, that's for sure.

OP
OP
Biestmann

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure devs said Remastered mode wouldn't impact the performance. I did well in not believe them.

It looks very pretty though, that's for sure.

They definitely optimized the game a good bunch. People are reporting higher fps across the board. Myself, Remastered mode seems to run about as well as Very High did previously. Maybe a tad worse, but I am not sure. I haven't tried Ultra yet, which I think is even more demanding. But then they even write it's not meant to be played with.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
They definitely optimized the game a good bunch. People are reporting higher fps across the board. Myself, Remastered mode seems to run about as well as Very High did previously. Maybe a tad worse, but I am not sure. I haven't tried Ultra yet, which I think is even more demanding. But then they even write it's not meant to be played with.

Not the case for me, I lost almost 10 fps with regular mode and Remastered runs another almost 10 down. Basically I was getting around 50 fps before the patch outside towns, now around 40 and around 30 with Remastered. Inside towns I have the same performance so it seems to be GFX stuff.

Of course my PC is ancient as fuck but still...

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Think I should stop taking pictures, especially after I saw the prizes they are giving. I'm not really interested in any of it.

Decisions, decisions. First one has a little bit of shiny, but it doesn't show case the update.

fwSqbSZ.jpg

I saw this and I definitely think this is a remaster feature. Poor tamer.
INndZ3x.jpg

Saw a very shiny berserker but he ran away right as I lined up a shot, thankfully a shiny dark knight was there too.
RgFf0aR.jpg

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Think I should stop taking pictures
Nah, I always like looking at screen shots! I'm happy you're posting them

I saw this and I definitely think this is a remaster feature. Poor tamer.
What am I looking at? The bird on the shoulder? That isn't new! Some pets will sit on your shoulder when idle. I believe most bird types will do this. My halloween Cat in the Witch's Hat does it too and the hat clips through my character's head >.< Grey Moon cat can jump up on the shoulder as well, I'll see if I have a screen shot somewhere.

That last pic. His side burns look like they are on top of his glasses. Worst graphics ever. /s
I still need that sword on the DK. I really like the swirly bit.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This game looks so pretty but I feel like I'd be incredibly overwhelmed coming in this late in the game. :(

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
This game looks so pretty but I feel like I'd be incredibly overwhelmed coming in this late in the game. :(

You will certainly be overwhelmed but probably not in the way you think. Progression can be incredibly quick for the dedicated and active players. What is overwhelming is probably the amount of content in the game and working out which activities you want to do, what the benefits are and so forth. When it comes leveling up, it is incredibly easy for the most part, especially in the beginning.

If nothing else, the free trial lets you make some characters and play around with the combat. I also imagine the Remastered release might bring other new players or veterans back.

OP
OP
Biestmann

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017

They have steadily decreased the amount of effort required to reach the higher levels. We were introduced to a form of afk grinding one week ago, and received higher exp rates this Wednesday. Not to mention, anyone logging on within the next 5 days receives a very decent horse, which is your primary means of transportation. I'd say jumping into BDO right now is easier than it ever was.

The game has a lot of systems in place, but please note that most of them are absolutely optional, and hardly any player invests time in all of them. The trick is to concentrate on what you enjoy doing in this game, since everything brings with it some form of progression. If you feel like giving the game a go, we'll gladly help you out, be it here, on our Discord, or as part of our little guild. The latter NA only unfortunately.

Not the case for me, I lost almost 10 fps with regular mode and Remastered runs another almost 10 down. Basically I was getting around 50 fps before the patch outside towns, now around 40 and around 30 with Remastered. Inside towns I have the same performance so it seems to be GFX stuff.

Of course my PC is ancient as fuck but still...

I'm surprised. You're really the first person to report worse performance to me.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
What am I looking at? The bird on the shoulder? That isn't new! Some pets will sit on your shoulder when idle. I believe most bird types will do this. My halloween Cat in the Witch's Hat does it too and the hat clips through my character's head >.< Grey Moon cat can jump up on the shoulder as well, I'll see if I have a screen shot somewhere.

That last pic. His side burns look like they are on top of his glasses. Worst graphics ever. /s
I still need that sword on the DK. I really like the swirly bit.
The breast enhancement, or maybe skin shaders/shininess, I was trying to make it seem like tamer was jealous in a "Oh come on Jim Carrey Liar Liar.gif" way. It just seemed in my face when I was at the storage npc. It seemed different or maybe because I was looking for new remastered features it stood out.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They have steadily decreased the amount of effort required to reach the higher levels. We were introduced to a form of afk grinding one week ago, and received higher exp rates this Wednesday. Not to mention, anyone logging on within the next 5 days receives a very decent horse, which is your primary means of transportation. I'd say jumping into BDO right now is easier than it ever was.

The game has a lot of systems in place, but please note that most of them are absolutely optional, and hardly any player invests time in all of them. The trick is to concentrate on what you enjoy doing in this game, since everything brings with it some form of progression. If you feel like giving the game a go, we'll gladly help you out, be it here, on our Discord, or as part of our little guild. The latter NA only unfortunately.

Thank you for the very thorough response! Fortunately I'm NA as well so I may take you up on that offer. How is the Mystic class, they look awesome and I have a weakness for monk like classes.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Thank you for the very thorough response! Fortunately I'm NA as well so I may take you up on that offer. How is the Mystic class, they look awesome and I have a weakness for monk like classes.

Strong as fuck. Admittedly I am about a month or two out of date but I don't think balances have changed too drastically. Definitely a very reliable, strong pick. Her attacks are speedy, strong and looks great. Her attacks feels smooth and aren't too technical. She is also naturally tanky, to the point where I had her running world bosses undergeared and she still outperforms some of my better geared characters.

I enjoyed my Mystic a lot. Both her first main weapon and her awakening weapon.

When it comes to classes in BDO I definitely think it is worth going for the one that you feel speaks to you most.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Leveling Mystic is super easy too. I didn't need health pots or much of anything. I probably didn't even need many buttons from what I remember. Down + R mouse, and L right after could carry me to 56 easy. Not one punch but thousand punches.

Dash, vacuum enemies together (which I never really felt that they gathered when I do it, maybe I expected too much from that ability), then punch them to death.

ILlhdbi.gif

pcw_2672.webm

Last edited:

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Strong as fuck. Admittedly I am about a month or two out of date but I don't think balances have changed too drastically. Definitely a very reliable, strong pick. Her attacks are speedy, strong and looks great. Her attacks feels smooth and aren't too technical. She is also naturally tanky, to the point where I had her running world bosses undergeared and she still outperforms some of my better geared characters.

I enjoyed my Mystic a lot. Both her first main weapon and her awakening weapon.

When it comes to classes in BDO I definitely think it is worth going for the one that you feel speaks to you most.

Leveling Mystic is super easy too. I didn't need health pots or much of anything. I probably didn't even need many buttons from what I remember. Down + R mouse, and L right after could carry me to 56 easy. Not one punch but thousand punches.

Dash, vacuum enemies together (which I never really felt that they gathered when I do it, maybe I expected too much from that ability), then punch them to death.

ILlhdbi.gif

pcw_2672.webm

Maaaaaaaan the look so awesome! Will probably check it out this weekend. I'll let you know if I have any further questions. Thank you everyone, I really appreciate it.

OP
OP
Biestmann

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Maaaaaaaan the look so awesome! Will probably check it out this weekend. I'll let you know if I have any further questions. Thank you everyone, I really appreciate it.

One more advice I would like to offer: if possible, download the game off the official website, rather than through Steam. In case of the latter, there is a history of update mishaps that you don't want to subject yourself to.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea how they got that shot, it blew me away. I didn't even know Mystic summoned Leviathan!

I couldn't even get a shot doing an emote. Told the whole guild to sit by mistake. I have the feeling this is a team effort. A camera person and the actor.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I have no idea how they got that shot, it blew me away. I didn't even know Mystic summoned Leviathan!

I couldn't even get a shot doing an emote. Told the whole guild to sit by mistake. I have the feeling this is a team effort. A camera person and the actor.

Given the angle I think you may be right. At least before remaster even in screen shot mode when you enter battle stance the camera focuses behind you and not all attacks allow you to rotate the camera around, most will just make your character pivot to adjust the aim of said attack. This is why I struggle to get good shots with my Sorceress. That said some attacks do allow you to rotate the camera without spinning the character. Getting the shot would need some serious work though since that dragon has a cool down. Beautiful shot though holy shit.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I sort of wish you could freeze the action for photos, but only for your picture process, in actuality time is still passing, just as if you are in a menu or something. That would make things a lot easier. The shots you could get. New life skill, photographer.

This game is so pretty, imagine if it supported RTX in the future. I'd get a RTX 3080 in the year 2020.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah! This was one of the most complex character creators when it released. It let's you edit so much.