• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What team?

• #TeamReal

Votes: 502 37.1%
  • #TeamFake

Votes: 850 62.9%

• Total voters

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
Bad communication = opportunity for leaks. Maybe you didn't read my comment properly where I said "if Sony gave people the opportunity to properly judge the UI this wouldn't be happening"?
You're not making any sense.

Does MS have bad communication because the Series S leaked months ago? Or apple because the iPhone leaks every year? No of course not.

The vast majority of people don't even see these leaks.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I believe it`s fake...
...because I can`t believe, they`d put those ugly ass white buttons on a black controller.

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
A bad communication?
Can you still buy a ps5 ?

Can you understand that what you want isn't what the market needs?

Communication is about momentums. More momentums you have more pr you get.

Sony have built up enough goodwill from the quality of their first party output this gen that the PS5 was always going to sell out instantly. That doesn't necessarily mean their marketing and communication have been good so far. The strength of their first party performance recently and the sequels to those hit games coming are enough alone to make the console sell out.

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
Nah, your comment was silly then and is still silly now.

No, it literally isn't. We are around six weeks to launch, YouTubers are going HANDS ON with the console tomorrow and you haven't shown your UI yet? You should expect leaks from that with your console out in the wild now. That is bad communication, end of story.

I'm done with the Sony defence brigade here.

No, it literally isn't. We are around six weeks to launch, YouTubers are going HANDS ON with the console tomorrow and you haven't shown your UI yet? You should expect leaks from that with your console out in the wild now. That is bad communication, end of story.

I'm done with the Sony defence brigade here.

When do you think the PS5 UI will be revealed?
The video's that will be premiered tomorrow, are most likely edited to not show the UI.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I sincerely hope it's fake. I detest the square icons in the circular bubble. It looks tacky as hell.

Jako

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, this looks like it's meant for devs and not regular users. I assume it's a devkit UI

Edit: woops, a lot of people already said that

Last edited:

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Crappy camera
Dusty screen with fingerprints
Russian UI

The way Sony intended it to be revealed

e12.png
LMAO true

Azdoune

Oct 31, 2017
There are PS5s out in the wild, that means the UI is at very high risk of leak (case in point right here!), regardless of whether it will be edited out of the videos.
Please try to be accurate.
So, you watch a "maybe fake" ps5 boot video and know there are multiples ps5 in the wild...
Please stop.

Sony have built up enough goodwill from the quality of their first party output this gen that the PS5 was always going to sell out instantly. That doesn't necessarily mean their marketing and communication have been good so far. The strength of their first party performance recently and the sequels to those hit games coming are enough alone to make the console sell out.

Are you able to understand that focusing on games when you communicate to the public is a way to talk about your product.

You can promote ps5 by showing ps5 games.
And, I think it's the best way.
But, you know, I maybe wrong. It's a video game hardware so...

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
Please try to be accurate.
So, you watch a "maybe fake" ps5 boot video and know there are multiples ps5 in the wild...
Please stop.

Are you able to understand that focusing on games when you communicate to the public is a way to talk about your product.

You can promote ps5 by showing ps5 games.
And, I think it's the best way.
But, you know, I maybe wrong. It's a video game hardware so...

Lord, please try to use some sense. Did you see that Japanese YouTubers were given hands on with the console? What that means is that multiple PS5s are out and people have seen them; that's obviously how I know there are multiple. Not just the YouTubers themselves but Sony staff members who set up the demo units, shipping companies that have sent units from place to place etc. There are many points of failure where someone could leak something. This happens very often with technology in production.

Focusing on games is great and I love what they've shown game wise so far, that's enough for me to get a PS5 myself. Do you however understand that people can actually want to see more than the games alone? There are actually other things about the console that people are interested in. It's not like they can only show one thing and nothing else, news flash, they can show multiple things! It's not like it takes away from the games by throwing up a blog post about the UI. About BC.

Azdoune

Oct 31, 2017
Lord, please try to use some sense. Did you see that Japanese YouTubers were given hands on with the console? What that means is that multiple PS5s are out and people have seen them; that's obviously how I know there are multiple. Not just the YouTubers themselves but Sony staff members who set up the demo units, shipping companies that have sent units from place to place etc. There are many points of failure where someone could leak something. This happens very often with technology in production.

Focusing on games is great and I love what they've shown game wise so far, that's enough for me to get a PS5 myself. Do you however understand that people can actually want to see more than the games alone? There are actually other things about the console that people are interested in. It's not like they can only show one thing and nothing else, news flash, they can show multiple things! It's not like it takes away from the games by throwing up a blog post about the UI. About BC.
Hell yes I see some Japanese YouTubers that have access to the ps5.
But they can't have access to the UI.
And everything was controlled by Sony.
So no, no ps5 in the wild.
So yes, try to be accurate.
And try to be patient. Every is on the way.
You'll see the UI.
There are some surprises for us, and I'm glad to not know everything !

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Who designed this thing

that black version is so odd

HylianMaster2020

alt account
Banned
Jun 30, 2020
Gamers are still waiting on official everything about the PS5 there's still enough time between now and release (Nov 14th)

Joo

May 25, 2018
I think it's fake but the black DS5 probably won't look that different anway.
Yep. Black DualSense will almost certainly be wholly black with the same transparent buttons as the white one, just like this one.

Skull & Co render looks better than the white one imo + some low res pics of the "leak" don't do it too much justice and likely show a controller from a dev kit.

I just don't think that an official black DS exists yet. We would've known about it by now.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
If that UI is legit. Yikes.
The UI is legit, but it's not final.
Something similar happened with the PS4, pre-release units had a pretty stripped down OS. If Sony showcases the UI sometime this century before launch, expect it to look fairly different. You'll probably need a day one update.