• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I've been meaning to change up my usual hair style and could always use suggestions, but I often don't know what to tell my barber.

Typically I just get a #2 on the top and then fade the sides to either a 1.5 or a 1. The other day I just kept my top at its level had my sides and back tapered. What y'all be doing? Be specific. What exactly are you telling your barber? Pics are also nice.

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
Once I hit 26 or so I just said F it and go completely bald. Not razor bald but clipper bald. I'm not balding I'm just tired of doing my hair everyday and needed a fresh lineup every week.

Thunder

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
....Fade , and shape my beard

My Barber knows my style off by heart .

Air

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fade, and dot't touch the top. I have a lot of hair up there and it's turned into a kind of crazy pompadour and I like it. I'm growing a beard now and might texturize the top.

I'm leaning into my 80s burned out rockstar, Lenny Kravitz look

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
No barber right now lol. But I always do a bald fade so it's kinda irrelevant since I can do that myself. I do miss having a crispy line tho.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have short dreads that hang off to one side, so I just get a skin-fade with a curved parting line on one side.
Light beard trim with sideburns. NGL, I kinda ripped off the Killmonger look wholesale lmao.

methane47

Oct 28, 2017
Looking back. on Sept 25 2015 i decided on Neogaf I would start growing a hightop fade.

I got it pretty high then cut it in Feb 2016 and once again in May 2017. Now its been growing for a year and a half. And i've surpassed my hightop fade dreams, and now i have it in a hightop twists (kinda like killmonger) kinda do...

I think it looks pretty cool.

I've been meaning to change up my usual hair style and could always use suggestions, but I often don't know what to tell my barber.

Typically I just get a #2 on the top and then fade the sides to either a 1.5 or a 1. The other day I just kept my top at its level had my sides and back tapered. What y'all be doing? Be specific. What exactly are you telling your barber? Pics are also nice.

OP I see be brave, grow it out. Since you're starting at a #2 on the top, a really nice do that you can have for months of growth is just to buy a curl sponge... and spin it over your head a few times in the morning to get a nice curl pattern.

81vDapgCm7L._SY355_.jpg

it does wonders

mikeys_legendary

The Fallen
Sep 26, 2018
I just have him buzz it down. I started balding at 23 and would rather just keep a short look than look like George Jefferson.

Oct 27, 2017
It's winter so it's fade season. Starting to grow it out, so I'm just getting shape ups for the next month or so.

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
My barber knows my cut by heart, been with her for some time now. I got with a 3 on top, faded 1 on the side, tapered back, blend the sideburns, and line everything along with the beard and stash.

I usually go with a 2 or 3 for my beard, but took it down to a 1 this time. Got many compliments and it makes me look younger, but I prefer more bush than just stubble.

Voodoowoolf

Oct 31, 2017
My barber is a family member. Had his shop for 20 plus years. Only person who touches my hair and right now I get fades. 1/0 on the sides and 1/2 on top.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
I bought my own pair of clippers a while back and have just been giving myself haircuts since early this year to save money. Typically a 2 on top, with a 1/0.5 fade on the side. Been growing out the top a little bit for the winter though

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Low fade. 0 on the low end of the sides.

OP
OP
BossAttack

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Looking back. on Sept 25 2015 i decided on Neogaf I would start growing a hightop fade.

I got it pretty high then cut it in Feb 2016 and once again in May 2017. Now its been growing for a year and a half. And i've surpassed my hightop fade dreams, and now i have it in a hightop twists (kinda like killmonger) kinda do...

I think it looks pretty cool.

OP I see be brave, grow it out. Since you're starting at a #2 on the top, a really nice do that you can have for months of growth is just to buy a curl sponge... and spin it over your head a few times in the morning to get a nice curl pattern.

81vDapgCm7L._SY355_.jpg

it does wonders

I actually do use a curl sponge, stuff does wonders. I don't know if I can handle a Hightop though, my hair justs gets too itchy. Plus, I hate using my headphones when I have a bunch of hair.

I cut my own hair to save money. I fuck my own shit up.

I used to do that to save money, the results were...mixed. I could never really line myself up real good on my own.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been getting The Lawrence.

Buddy hasn't gotten it quite right yet on the sides and he made it kind of awkward when I corrected him the first time. But it's decent enough.

Don't know how he still takes an hour when he doesn't even have to cut the top.

Dec 31, 2017
Make it look like I'm not old man balding at 30 & clean my face up.

Low beard & sideburns to stache and goatee depending on my mood that day.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
I've cut my own hair for years because my grandpa thought barbers were a rip off and taught all of his grandsons to cut their own hair.

I go bald personally.

Oct 27, 2017
Curly up top with a high fade, been doing this for a minute and like it. Tho sometimes I have a hard time deciding when its time to get the top cut.

Steelrain

Oct 25, 2017
1.5 all around and a lineup. That's been my haircut for like 20 years and will probably be my haircut forever.

Getting a haircut is annoying as fuck to me. Dudes act like I'm trying to be there all day.

cyress8

Avenger
Low cut with faded sides. Beard is all over the place though. One week I just get a trim and line, next week I say fuck it and go skin tight but leave the goatee. Was baby faced a few weeks ago and even got rid of the 'stache.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just get an edge up and the back faded. I have dreads.

I haven't been getting shaped up as often as I used to just because I like wearing my dreads down, so my shit don't even really be visible most of the time lol. But I get cleaned up when I expect to rock a style that exposes my line up.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Hightop drop fade with a beard. I'm going to see how long both of them can get. Right now I use a sponge brush to make it curly. I just want to grow it out so I can rock multiple styles. I won't get dreads again because they're too permanent.

Sometimes I'll get box braids like Travis Scott, sometimes I'll just wear it lose like Odell Beckham Jr, and sometimes I'll put it in a ponytail, or maybe in a cornrows.

Why should women have all the fun when it comes to hairstyles? :)

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fade, and dot't touch the top. I have a lot of hair up there and it's turned into a kind of crazy pompadour and I like it. I'm growing a beard now and might texturize the top.

I'm leaning into my 80s burned out rockstar, Lenny Kravitz look
Hey, this is me.
I keep my top higher up front, then have it taper down as you reach the back. My hair is too curly for texturizing tho.

aSniperJones

Oct 26, 2017
District of Columbia
Killmonger[ish]; skin fade, sloped untouched top. My hair is dreading up by itself. I digs the unkept clean fade look.

My barber knows me well, so I don't really say shit until major change.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Once I hit 26 or so I just said F it and go completely bald. Not razor bald but clipper bald. I'm not balding I'm just tired of doing my hair everyday and needed a fresh lineup every week.

I had been shaving with clippers since 18. At 30 once my hair grew out I was like, yeah, my forehead is getting bigger, so I went back to shaving. Rarely I'll hit it with a razor but bare clippers usually does the job.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
How come barbershops don't have the board no more? You know that plank of wood the barber put in the chair for children and BronsonLee ?