• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I still have a launch DS4 (switched out the thumb sticks with Xbone Ones) is there any reason to upgrade to a newer controller? It's been a few years, did they make any enhancements with them?
-The light bar is shifted to just above the touch pad
-The rubber on the sticks is more sturdy/refined
-USB communication (you can play games with a USB cable and that will help a bit with latency).
-Better battery life (perhaps a minor difference though).

I think those are the most noteworthy changes.

Last edited:

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Been holding off on purchasing a Best Buy GCU (I just don't buy enough games) but I think now I will finally pull the trigger to take advantage of The Last Guardian and hopefully other pre-BF deals.

BF doesn't stack with GCU. It's still worth the price of admission though. I've almost exclusively bought games from Best Buy for the last 3 years.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
My local stores open at 4:00pm on Thursday. I'll probably only line up at around 3:00pm though. Tucson seems to be Xbox land so I'm not too worried about PS4s selling out.
Oooh cool i didn't even know about this. I thought this was going to be one of those wait in the cold overnight kind of deals.

3rdbass

Oct 30, 2017
So Uncharted 4 is worth my time, in retrospect for those that have played it?
Definitely! It is not the best but is better than Uncharted 3 and has the best gun battles now due to the sandbox environments you fight in. The problem is that there are too few of them behind all the boring walking. Also, the MP is great. I do think LL is a tighter game with similar mechanics but you won't lose out with either or both.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of want to buy the Crystal Blue dualshock 4. My two original dualshocks are still holding up okay, but I have a 20th anniversary version still in the box that I never opened yet (was waiting for one of the others to officially croak). However, I'd like to be using a new dualshock finally. But now for some weird reason I'm hesitant to open up the 20th anniversary version. It looks like it sells for a bunch on Ebay and stuff, should I keep it brand new?

3rdbass

Oct 30, 2017
So Uncharted 4 is worth my time, in retrospect for those that have played it?
As I just mentioned in my above posts that it is. The only problem is that combat was improved so much over the prior ones but there are so little battles to play around with new mechanics and sandbox environments that it sucks. Though the story and graphics are top notch except I didn't care for epilogue too much.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone on the east coast tried Best Buy yet to see if they have the PSVR headset only in stores? It's all sold out online.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Been holding off on purchasing a Best Buy GCU (I just don't buy enough games) but I think now I will finally pull the trigger to take advantage of The Last Guardian and hopefully other pre-BF deals.

GCU lasts 2 years. You'll earn your money back by then from the savings.

Apath

Oct 25, 2017
Glad my TRU in-store pickup order went through. Grabbed it last night, and meanwhile my shipping order was cancelled.

I'm really happy I was able to buy Skyrim for the Switch right at my sweet spot price point.

Thanks Wario64!

3rdbass

Oct 30, 2017
I'm debating about the PSVR Skyrim bundle as I have the 4K TV Samsung KS 8000 and PS4 Pro. I also have the camera and 2 old ps3 move controls. Should I get this or just wait for the new v2 PSVR model to be around $199? I know the old one is on sale for $199 now but I'm sure it will be be around there some time next year right?

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody have any opinions on the TCL 55S405 from Target? I know the S series is supposed to be their cheapest series as far as 4K/HDR go, but it seems like a pretty good deal and I have been thinking about getting a 4K/HDR TV for awhile, but don't want to spend what the higher end TV's command. I have a high-end Samsung from 2012/2013 so I'm curious if it would actually be a significant downgrade picture wise even with the 4K/HDR.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody have any opinions on the TCL 55S405 from Target? I know the S series is supposed to be their cheapest series as far as 4K/HDR go, but it seems like a pretty good deal and I have been thinking about getting a 4K/HDR TV for awhile, but don't want to spend what the higher end TV's command. I have a high-end Samsung from 2012/2013 so I'm curious if it would actually be a significant downgrade picture wise even with the 4K/HDR.
Isnt that the TV that's like $315 right now? Or just was? Can't argue that price.

With that said everyone will tell you the P605/P607 is the one to get.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Razer Panthera has been at $170 for a while.... not sure if it'll cheaper in Black Friday/Cyber Monday or that I should bite now.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
So Disgaea 5 Switch somehow has been sold out at Best Buy since the black Friday price was revealed, despite being in stock seemingly since it launched.

If I buy one of the copies my local store has, can I match the price later this week? Sorry if this is a dumb wuestion; I don't think I've ever had to do something like this in past black Friday sales.

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if I should get the ps4 slim with the $50.00 gift card or get the ps4 pro for $350.00. I do have a 4K TV but I have no idea if the extra $200 bucks it worth it. I do already have a ps4 but I want a second one for my man cave.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
Will Best Buy's BF deals stack with GCU?

it's very possible the same games will be on sale for cyber monday and sales will stack

or it will be glitchy and GCU will stack for a while

personally i'm not buying anything unless GCU stacks since mostly everything is cheaper at other places but /w GCU it's about the same

Ogami Itto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All I need is the Disgaea from BB and the Mario rabbids from Walmart, I just bought a switch and I need more games for the backlog.

Spine_Ripper

Oct 25, 2017
What time did GameStop's website go live last year for their sale? Midnight or store open? Want to get a Pro, but I work at another retailer an hour after GameStop opens. No way I can do both.

3rdbass

Oct 30, 2017
I don't know if I should get the ps4 slim with the $50.00 gift card or get the ps4 pro for $350.00. I do have a 4K TV but I have no idea if the extra $200 bucks it worth it. I do already have a ps4 but I want a second one for my man cave.
I would go with PS4 Pro for the man cave if you have a 4K TV there. That is what I did as have 2 PS4's too. Pro in man cave and regular Uncharted theme PS4 in family room. PS4 Pro is definitely worth it if you have a 4K TV to get the best fidelity for your gaming experience

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just saving money and sticking with the Slim personally. $50 off isn't that good of a deal imo and will be retail price eventually. With the Slim you save $150 plus get a $50 GC. The benefits of the Pro just arent worth that imo.

3rdbass

Oct 30, 2017
Yes, I realized you were talking against the PS4 Pro and not the regular price of the PS4. Still think he is better to get the PRO if it is for his man cave with a 4KTV especially if already has the regular one. I think people who are getting it for the first time and don't have the 4KTV should just go with the regular PS4 slim.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not videogames but will there be any deals on the home mini. Been reading conflicting articles but haven't seen any ads that confirm a sale explicitly.

Raven777

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay first I would like to apologize for making a post asking for advice I don't know why but I always feel bad.

For the past 2 years I've been spending most of my free time working on launching several businesses. Things are starting to slow down thankfully and I want to get back into gaming more often. I have a , original Xbox One, and PS4.

The only games I bought over the past few years are Mario Odyssey, breath of the Wild, n i o h, forza horizon 3, bloodborne, and a few Indies like stardew Valley and Shovel Knight. I don't really want a game that requires me to play it for 100 or more hours. I don't like sports games or fighting games. I mostly like open world or exploration type games, shooters, some racers, Platformers and action games.

I would love some recommendations on some good Black Friday prices on all the games that I've missed out on the past couple years. I would really appreciate it.

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Okay first I would like to apologize for making a post asking for advice I don't know why but I always feel bad.

For the past 2 years I've been spending most of my free time working on launching several businesses. Things are starting to slow down thankfully and I want to get back into gaming more often. I have a , original Xbox One, and PS4.

The only games I bought over the past few years are Mario Odyssey, breath of the Wild, n i o h, forza horizon 3, bloodborne, and a few Indies like stardew Valley and Shovel Knight. I don't really want a game that requires me to play it for 100 or more hours. I don't like sports games or fighting games. I mostly like open world or exploration type games, shooters, some racers, Platformers and action games.

I would love some recommendations on some good Black Friday prices on all the games that I've missed out on the past couple years. I would really appreciate it.
Uncharted 4 and The Last Gaurdian are on sale at Best Buy for $20 ($16 with GCU). Both are great single player experiences that take under 20 hours to complete.

Edit: Horizon Zero Dawn will also be only $20 I believe.

Oct 25, 2017
So last night I got Mario Odyssey with the TRU price glitch. Shortly after the order I got an email noting the item was out of stock. I decided to go back and just cancel the order outright. Then this morning I wake up and I got an email saying they have received my order and it is preparing to ship. My card is also charged. lol

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
For games I'm down to Injustice 2 and Shadow of War left to buy. I prefer to just buy them digitally on XBL but I'll go to gamestop if I need to. Do we know when the next round of games goes live on XBL this week?

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You have chosen...wisely. =)

As for other games people will say Horizon Zero Dawn ($20 at Bestbuy/Amazon) but I havent played it so dont know. It's gorgeous but is it actually fun? I'm not sure.
Then there's Prey ($20 at Gamestop and other stores I'm sure)
Resident Evil 7 is very good imo and $20 at various places also
Nier Automata will probably also get mentioned.

Also check out Until Dawn. Should be cheap everywhere and it's imo one of the better games this gen.

Birdo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe how much I've shifted over to preferring Japanese games for single player experiences. For about an hour, I went through a bunch of titles I don't own to see what would be an automatic Black Friday purchase if it were to go on sale and there was only one title that didn't hail from Japan.

Dragon Quest Builders
Gravity Rush 2
Horizon Zero Dawn
NieR: Automata
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
The Last Guardian
Valkyria Chronicles Remastered

Oct 25, 2017

Crash Bandicoot
Ratchet and Clank
Gravity Rush Remastered
Transistor
Unncharted: The Lost Legacy
Resogun
Cosmic Star Heroine
Child of Light
Rocket League

I can't believe how much I've shifted over to preferring Japanese games for single player experiences. For about an hour, I went through a bunch of titles I don't own to see what would be an automatic Black Friday purchase if it were to go on sale and there was only one title that didn't hail from Japan.

Dragon Quest Builders
Gravity Rush 2
Horizon Zero Dawn
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
The Last Guardian
Valkyria Chronicles Remastered
Those are some good/great picks. Horizon and NieR are two of my GotY candidates.

AkumaNiko

Oct 28, 2017
I am wondering, should i wait for the gamestop deal on the slim or just get a PS4 now. I wont go on thanksgiving, so it would be black friday

Im worried they would sell out

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a super rural area with only a Walmart and a Gamestop out of the stores listed in the Op. Walmart gets absolutely wrecked on Black Friday so I will never be able to get the stuff I want there lol.

Anyone know of any online deals coming up or already available for Assassin's Creed Origins (PC or PS4)? I would prefer PC Digital and PS4 Physical but dont care if its cheap enough.

Also looking for Zelda Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch, but I dont want the Special Edition or the Explorers Edition if available. Hoping to find it for $30 if possible.