• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
MV5BODc3ODI1Mzg0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjYzNDc0NjM@._V1_.jpg

That's right! Yesterday marked the return of the Johnson family on the same night as last season! Then, we learned how the producers will deal with Junior graduating from high school. As always, prepare to be enlightened by some good old fashioned insight on being black (unless ABC thinks it's too offensive).

As another point, no, just because Kenya Barris left ABC doesn't mean he's no longer working for the show. It just means he won't have as much of a say in creating more shows (which isn't saying much considering what happened earlier this year).

Enjoy.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Solid premiere, although Junior seemed too smart to be that aimless. I understand why they did it in terms of the show, as he's one of the funniest characters. Good to have him stick around.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
This happens every time, I miss premieres, have no idea when seasons are starting, but I don't do any research, so...

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
It also seems like Zoey will stick around for a few episodes. Her presence was missed.

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
It's getting a second season, but we don't know when it's debuting. The show itself was already. You even saw one of her friends in this episode.

I watched it all, but I didn't follow any news about it. How it did etc. They kind of shot themselves in the foot on the nepotism, and should have had actual actors carry the load. Still, it's good that they'll be back. Thanks for the response.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
They should have let Jr. move out.

Ghosting her sister was totally something Zoey would do.

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Poor Dre and his 7th grade purse backpack

Junior singing "Ol Happy Days" after bagging the church girl was great.

Diane messing up Charlie's Boyz II Men Meet n Greet was hilarious.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
That line about Prince being the first black man to survive a Minnesota winter got me.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Solid premiere, although Junior seemed too smart to be that aimless. I understand why they did it in terms of the show, as he's one of the funniest characters. Good to have him stick around.
Eeeeeeh that happened to me. Everyone told and still tells me I'm smart, and even back then I didn't know what I wanted. I doubt a gap year would've helped me find my way but I can see why Junior would feel aimless in what he wants to be or become.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
TIL, Marcus Scribner (Junior) voices Bow in the new SheRa cartoon.
His voice really sounded familiar XD

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Find you a partner who can explain Westworld to you.

Diane saying Junior's makover of the room looked like a place you could get Jalapeno Poppers and Hep C was great.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Lmao @ Charlie bootlegging Back of the Bus and selling it in front of his church

Ruby bringing Christmas leftovers to eat in the theater was great as well.

Good to see Bow tell Junior to smarten up about his gap year plans.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Lmao @ Charlie bootlegging Back of the Bus and selling it in front of his church

Ruby bringing Christmas leftovers to eat in the theater was great as well.

Good to see Bow tell Junior to smarten up about his gap year plans.
The thing is, I bet the superhero movie would have sold better even at the church.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Not to worry guys, blackish is showing right now. Be sure to adjust your DVRs accordingly.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Good to see Dre opening up to camping for Jack and Diane's sake

Sometimes you have to sacrifice for the kids

Lmao @ Dre thinking Juice would be Jack's favorite movie naturally.

Jack: I wasn't sure about Fruit by the Foot at first and now it's the only way I eat fruit

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
This episode is pulling all the stops, with Diane spitting fire on the subject.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, pretty good topic episode.

When they have given Diane more serious material, she does well for a young actress. Also not surprising Junior would feel strongly about all the jokes.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I never had a problem with other women driving me places at times. I always appreciate the assistance. Then again, I only have sisters.