• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i think you all are in agreement about grace but zero wants the character to evolve instead of being pushed to the side

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
As a comic geek(I actually own some of the comics) I want the whole outsiders team to assemble. Grace in season 1 besides dropping some foreshadowing was just a fling. I would love for her to get more development in season 2 or in future seasons. I mean lets be real we will be on season 3 come next year so I can definitely see her coming back and being a fan favorite.

Again I like the character and want more, but I gotta call it like it is.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
They're going to drop Grace Choi before even really doing anything with her?
A shame if they do. I really liked the actress. They weren't doing much with her in season 1. Maybe she got a more solid role elsewhere. Or maybe she will still show up and they don't want to rush it.

lojo

Oct 27, 2017
The first three episode titles were revealed, guess they're sticking with "the book of" theme for the titles

I know the show used green light to make reference to the crack epidemic, but I wasn't expecting the phrase green light babies to be used.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
The first three episode titles were revealed, guess they're sticking with "the book of" theme for the titles

I know the show used green light to make reference to the crack epidemic, but I wasn't expecting the phrase green light babies to be used.

Could also be a reference to "Bang Babies" from Static.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Hope this show keeps it up with the upcoming new CW show coming up.

It's probably the only CW superhero show I enjoy anymore. Well, maybe Legends, too.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's a Superhero TV show ...it's still pretty cool compared to the Arrowverse shows running right now.

Maybe I'm just used to Marvel SH shows. It never dawned on me until now how much a mask helps to conceal identity when you have this SH running around who anyone should instantly recognize if they've seen him as not Black Lightning. It's so glaring it borders on comedic.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Superhero and realism... I don't honestly get that argument... but sorry it's not believable enough. This show is honestly is the least cheesy of all the DC TV shows.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I'm just used to Marvel SH shows. It never dawned on me until now how much a mask helps to conceal identity when you have this SH running around who anyone should instantly recognize if they've seen him as not Black Lightning. It's so glaring it borders on comedic.
Only the show tackles that, they don't see him, they see lightning. Which is a lot more concealing than a clearly blind superhero (considering he covers his eyes)

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like I'm the only person who remembers the scene where Jennifer is trying to explain what it's like to look at his face. She says it hurts to look at and then compares it to a spotlight.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Doctor Who AND Black Lightning in October?
That's also the month of Megaman 11. October gonna be hot fiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
Only the show tackles that, they don't see him, they see lightning. Which is a lot more concealing than a clearly blind superhero (considering he covers his eyes)

I feel like I'm the only person who remembers the scene where Jennifer is trying to explain what it's like to look at his face. She says it hurts to look at and then compares it to a spotlight.

Either I missed it or haven't gotten that far. Episode?

What about him not recognizing his own daughter when fighting her?

lojo

Oct 27, 2017
Season 2 promo is out today

Also some info on the upcoming season from tvline:
BLACK LIGHTNING
The title of Season 2's opening arc — "The Book of Consequences: Rise of the Green Light Babies" — tells you pretty much all you need to know about the superhero drama's sophomore run, which picks up just a week after the events of the finale. Per showrunner Salim Akil, "We're going to deal with the consequences of having discovered the pod children; the consequences of Green Light hitting the streets; and the consequences of Jefferson's daughters discovering they have powers." Black Lightning himself remains in a "win and lose situation," seeing as how the Green Light Babies and the mayhem they make will keep some Freelanders wary of their metahuman-powered vigilante. Tobias Whale, last seen beaming over a mysterious, gleaming briefcase, still clutches onto a two-pronged agenda — kill Black Lightning, take over Freeland — "and in the first episode you'll see exactly what motivates him to 'burn the city down,' as he says." On the personal front, Akil says that Anissa's new relationship with Grace Choi will make for "really, really good" drama, while Jennifer will juggle the idea of Khalil's redemption with the fact that, as Painkiller, her ex (briefly) killed her dad!

and
Character appearance spoiler
Looker will show up in season 2

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Necrobump but just started watching Black Lightning Season 1 on Netflix and it's great so far! Only 13 episodes which is a blessing, these other CW DC shows can drag TBH