• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
5R6AH5R.png

Can The Flash borrow Gambi for an episode.
Devoe would have had 2 to the dome a long time ago if Gambi was running team flash

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm very satisfied w/ this season, I think it was easily stronger than Flash's 1st season

Oct 25, 2017
Mementos
Didn't think they'd actually kill him and nobody said anything. This season started off really strong for me then it started to feel like the other shows around the end. I still enjoyed it, but damn those first few episodes were the business!

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Guess Gambi did kill the racist idiot. Good.

New metahumans should be popping up next season. Tobias will probably be responsible for that because of the suitcase. Going to have a ton of metahumans under his control.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Team Flash:" We don't kill, we are better"

Team Black Lightning:" Folks get shot every day B, just make sure it ain't you"

BL was the clear winner

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I agree really strong season. Ended in a way I was not at all expecting but that has been the norm for this show. I hope they get a handle on the commercial breaks though. I also need more Grace next season too.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
A few shots to what looked like the stomach and Proctor was dead? Really? Satisfying season finale though. The villains were so much better than Arrow and Flash's current big bads. I liked how it came full circle with Jefferson jogging with the girls and Jennifer's narration. I hope that next season raises the bar but Black Lightning had a strong opening and closed strong.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously. We have a lot of villains still on the board. There is still the potential that LaLa could be brought back to life again.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
A few shots to what looked like the stomach and Proctor was dead? Really? Satisfying season finale though. The villains were so much better than Arrow and Flash's current big bads. I liked how it came full circle with Jefferson jogging with the girls and Jennifer's narration. I hope that next season raises the bar but Black Lightning had a strong opening and closed strong.
Not to mention good ass pacing throughout.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
Yeah, I was ambivalent about Proctor getting killed off with Jefferson's stance as a hero. But then again this is the same show where the hero used a thug as a meat shield and characters act like he's innocent. Never forget that hotel scene.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Gambi put that dude down with two shots to the chest and the rest only flinched for a minute. Family was happy as fuck at the end, as they should be.

Oct 25, 2017
Mementos
I remember in the teaser trailer for this show they showed a clip of Anissa jogging at night with her eyes glowing and street lights flickering. That never made it in.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, dude is definitely alive. Gambi wanted to drag him out? I'm not buying him being dead for a single second.

Hm.... I guess he isn't dead because all we saw were his fingers at the end. Fingers. Not a body. Gambi probably torturing the shit out the racist shitbag and asking for information on the ASA's operations.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I spent that scene saying to myself "just shoot him White Joe, shoot him". And then he did. Good stuff. Gregg Henry is the absolute best at playing these kind of slimeballs.

Strong first season and finale. I don't think it was better than Flash's first season, mostly because this felt like half a season. There hasn't been a catharsis for Jeff's father and Tobias haven't been dealt with yet. They haven't hit the same emotional highs and epic confrontations... yet.

Oh and no way Lala is dead. Especially since they finally confirmed he's the Tattooed Man. I love how much presence he has in scenes and then Tobias just drains it out of him. Figured when Tobias missed a bunch of episodes he'd be sticking around too.

Last edited:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I spent that scene saying to myself "just shoot him White Joe, shoot him". And then he did. Good stuff. Clark Gregg is the absolute best at playing these kind of slimeballs.

Strong first season and finale. I don't think it was better than Flash's first season, mostly because this felt like half a season. There hasn't been a catharsis for Jeff's father and Tobias haven't been dealt with yet. They haven't hit the same emotional highs and epic confrontations... yet.

Oh and no way Lala is dead. Especially since they finally confirmed he's the Tattooed Man. I love how much presence he has in scenes and then Tobias just drains it out of him. Figured when Tobias missed a bunch of episodes he'd be sticking around too.
You mean Gregg Henry, right? Clark Gregg is in the MCU.

ShortNasty

Dec 15, 2017
Do anyone else get the feeling that all of the older generation of characters know his real identity? I'm only on episode 2, but I feel like at a minimum LaWanda and the Pastor know. That's all.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Damn, that was a great season. Show just felt good all around. That season one sheen, haha. So glad Tobias ain't dead, he's being made out to be BL's Joker, so I hope he sticks around for a few seasons, but takes a back seat for other villains along the way. And looky here, Henderson lives for another season. Wonder how long he lasts? Probably finds out Jefferson is BL then dies shortly after.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit did they jampack a ton of shit into that one episode.... I guess that's the finale, but wow... the show went past ludicrous speed for a moment there

IT was good, but way way too rushed compared to everything else.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I'm surprised so many people were expecting a big death.

Lala definitely isn't dead, I like the actor and hope he doesn't stay fully under the control of Tobias next season. Tobias was definitely a high point of the series and I'm glad he will be sticking around. It looks like he has newfound power, I'm cool w/ that as long as the show doesn't turn into a meta-human villain every week.

Jennifer had the best use of power this episode, with her hugging her dad and restoring his power. Then the energy lasso against Proctor at the end.

The music on the show continues to be fantastic, although I don't want them to overdo in every episode.

Along with Legends, this has easily been the standout of the CW DC shows and I'm looking forward to how season 2 will shape up.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Solid first season. I'm not putting it over Flash 1st for the simple fact of them having Desiigner's Timmy Turner song all over the last part of the episode.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Good finale. Looking forward to S2.

Hopefully Jenn gets a better superhero name than her one from the comics.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
I feared for Henderson's death every time he was on a collision course with Black Lightning. I damn near thought he was going to die in this last episode.

I anticipate that Season 2 will turn into The Incredibles but I do hope it continues to stay focused on character driven drama rather than force plot for the sake of it. Gambi foreshadowed that Jennifer will have to confront Painkiller as an enemy which should be good. Hopefully there are no filler episodes but with a second season, it usually means higher episode count order which means at least 2-3 filler/special episodes.