• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have a gif of Jennifer's hair flip after she zapped that dude
think I saw one on reddit...

od2f736p8ns01.gif

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
If Proctor was rogued, I imagine the real ASA will send in some hitters, some Outsiders if you will

I'm confused about one thing, who did they call to save the frozen metas?
They didn't say but I assume the fact they immediacy went to news coverage they called the police and everybody. Shame the government into saving them.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Are they setting up Tobias creating metas for season 2? albeit, unstable metas that'll expire.

and I had no clue Painkiller was an actual comic character

KgmttyD.png

If you couldn't guess based on his name, he was created in the '90s.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Are they setting up Tobias creating metas for season 2? albeit, unstable metas that'll expire.

and I had no clue Painkiller was an actual comic character

KgmttyD.png

If you couldn't guess based on his name, he was created in the '90s.
That it's based on a comic design is the only reason I can accept how ridiculous the new hair looked on the actor. Even the outfit looked weird considering Syonide and Tobias were just wearing regular attire.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Theres defending yourself and theres straight up murdering a dude in cold blood lol I expected some kind of reaction from everyone but even Jennifer was cool with it
When one of those soldiers busted in about to shoot her mom in the back, she straight up fried his ass... she gets it

And it was self-defense, the guy threatened to hunt them down again if he was let go

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Also Gambi has been killing people a long time. Its like Alfred with his shotgun. When someone breaks into wayne Manor and gets hotlead in the chest from Alfred, None of the Batfamily says shit to him about it.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Great season...the research in that brief case gonna boost Tobias to new levels, he gonna be Goku Black Levels lol..

PS:Don't read comic books just guessing...

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im not saying he didn't deserve it, its just that everyone's reaction or lack thereof doesn't really line up with their characters. I just found it odd.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Im not saying he didn't deserve it, its just that everyone's reaction or lack thereof doesn't really line up with their characters. I just found it odd.
This is a town where kids are disappearing, the government is trying to control them, drugs are everywhere, gangs are invading schools, hotels are running prostitution rings and bodies drop every day. This isn't the first dead body any of them have seen, and sadly that has nothing to do with superheroics either.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Actually... now that you mention it

I seem to recall they made a big deal about Gambi asking BL not to kill

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
But LaLa exploded... that seems a little harder to put back together than just being shot. I agree he'll probably come back, but it just seems weirder now.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn good season finale. Overall a solid season, I'd like all the CW shows to be a little shorter like this one was.

I think they played the "lost his powers" card too quickly, though. That might have made for a good few episodes for Season 2, but it was just a throwaway for this finale. I also think Gambi flat out killing that guy was way off on tone and it didn't play that well. Everyone was like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Was there anything important with the banner and news at the bottom of the actual news report? I feel like if they wanted to expand upon the Black Lightning world, that would be a decent way for the makers of Black Lightning to tell us about what's going on on Earth-Black Lightning.

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
Slo-mo dutch angles while Desiigner 'Timmy Turner' plays during action scenes? In a damn finale too?....

*Pre-orders Blu-ray*

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty decent finale to a great first season, my only problem is it felt like they were forced to resolve a whole lot of stuff in this finale. It didn't feel totally organically built up to but sorta just crammed together at the end. Still, good shit. And, I'm glad Gambi just iced Proctor with nobody blinking an eye. Some people just need killing.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Damn good season finale. Overall a solid season, I'd like all the CW shows to be a little shorter like this one was.

I think they played the "lost his powers" card too quickly, though. That might have made for a good few episodes for Season 2, but it was just a throwaway for this finale. I also think Gambi flat out killing that guy was way off on tone and it didn't play that well. Everyone was like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't think it's so bad that he lost his powers. He basically just ran out of juice and then got them back immediately, so they can still do a full episode of him taking care of baddies without powers later.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
A little rushed for the last couple episodes but this was hands down the best superhero anything CW has done. The Flash season 1 was great but had way too much filler.

I'd put BL right next to Legion as the best comic book TV show ever.
Actually... now that you mention it

I seem to recall they made a big deal about Gambi asking BL not to kill
He didn't want him to kill out of rage or vengeance.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
This show is not like Flash or Superman or good guy Green Arrow, they are not afraid to kill

Every team has a Wolverine. A guy on the team who knows that there are times that a line needs to be crossed, and his roll is to cross that line when the others can't. On Team Lightning, that guy is Gambi.

Kentsui

Oct 26, 2017
I really liked the show overall but for some reason all the super hero stuff in it really does not work for me, from the suits to the way powers are designed/shown, or the way fights are filmed.

Tobias's character on the other hand, really works for me with the choice of the actor and the way the character behaves, one of the best DC TV villains so far IMO.