• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So he's just enlisting Black Lightning, Thunder, & Lightning in the war.

At least we have our Season 3 plot.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Knew Odell was on some shit. Just waiting for the right metahumans to reveal it all. Still not on the Odell bandwagon though.

Oct 25, 2017
Yo someone fast track that next season, cancel Flash if you need to.

Also I respect the confidence to end your season on continuing a story that was naturally set up over the course of the show and not just and here's a new element that we've dropped out of the blue to retain interest.

lojo

Oct 27, 2017
I thought the season started slow, but ended great. I can't wait to see what they do in season 3.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love this family, so many damn good moments. They almost danced too, were it not for Odell. S3 needs to come fast!

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the episode and that was a really good finale. That beat down on Tobias was so satisfying! Lala with the out of nowhere save! Jenn being seriously OP as she should be and flying as well! Yes! Odell though. That fucker but at the same time he's great!

Also The Pit looks like no damn joke. He's not breaking out of that. People are going have to break in to get him. Also surprised that the teleport guy finally showed up and he's working for Markovia!? Didn't see that coming.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So we really gotta wait another season for them to do some real shit with Grace

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
That was a really good finale, considering all the different elements they were juggling.

Jefferson can't enjoy a nice family moment, without Odell busting in and talking about an impending war, smh. I do hope whoever they have as the figurehead of the Markovian's is half as entertaining as Tobias.

Some nice use of powers, especially with Jennifer. I did not expect that Khalil reveal.

Lynn delivering some GnP to Jace was satisfying. A strength of Season 2 was how well they integrated Lynn into the fold and had her be more active into all the superhero stuff.

Also like keeping Lala around as a wild-card.

It's a shame the ratings have dropped from Season 1. I hope the rumors aren't true, because this really is one of the best comic book shows out there.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
This season finale felt like season one's in feeling more like a mid-season finale as opposed to closing out the season though to a lesser extent, there's just so many loose threads that I get what they're going for but I just don't like being left hanging so damn much. The seven month or potentially longer wait is going to suck.

You know, Black Lightning is going to get Wonder Years'd when it comes to secondary releases
Nah, I'm pretty sure they have that stuff locked up these days, the deals made back then and beyond (though also in the early 2000s in some cases) completely lacked the foresight of covering future media, home video/DVD/BD, DD, streaming and so on, so many older shows got butchered when it comes to music though some more noticeably and worse than others like Wonder Years and IMO Quatum Leap were on the worse end, it sucks.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Nah, I'm pretty sure they have that stuff locked up these days, the deals made back then and beyond (though also in the early 2000s in some cases) completely lacked the foresight of covering future media, home video/DVD/BD, DD, streaming and so on, so many older shows got butchered when it comes to music though some more noticeably and worse than others like Wonder Years and IMO Quatum Leap were on the worse end, it sucks.
I hope so because the soundtrack is INTEGRAL to BL in terms of mood, storytelling, pretty much everything. Its why its one of my favorite shows currently airing.

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
This season was too unfocused for me. So many loose plots that I just shrugged at most of them.

Season 1 9/10

Season 2 6/10

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Legends still has like, half its season left, still too early to judge where it ends up though right now IMO it's between LoT and Supergirl which I didn't think is something I'd ever say six months ago.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Legends still has like, half its season left, still too early to judge where it ends up though right now IMO it's between LoT and Supergirl which I didn't think is something I'd ever say six months ago.

Supergirl found its voice this year, by centering the show around aliens as an immigrant class. The last time Suoergirl was this good was the first eight episodes of season 2, when they were also exploring these themes, before they changed course to center the show around shipping.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with the "all over" point. It really showed this season and I hope they fine-tune the next season so it won't be as all over the place. Rankings will be done (for me) when everything else I'm watching has ended.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Finally caught up. Good finale and good season all things considered.
DC have 2 of the best comic book based series atm: Doom Patrol & BL. BL needs to stay for at least 1 more season XO

Thiiiis motherfucker.
yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
But Jefferson carry a piece on you or something just in case the powers go on the fritz.
Like that one Green Lantern?

So Grace's "Amazon" heritage is that she's going to be a jaguar from the Amazon rain forest, right?
...or maybe even Cheetah :O

Supergirl found its voice this year, by centering the show around aliens as an immigrant class. The last time Suoergirl was this good was the first eight episodes of season 2, when they were also exploring these themes, before they changed course to center the show around shipping.
Guess I'll give the latest season of SG a watch then.

Status
Not open for further replies.