• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
"I think Amazon workers deserve fair treatment."

"Hello, Ms. Wilde." "Hello, Ms. Wilde." "Hello, Ms. Wilde." "Hello, Ms. Wilde." "Hello, Ms. Wilde." "Hello, Ms. Wilde." "Hello, Ms. Wilde." "Hello, Ms. Wilde." "Hello, Ms. Wilde." "Hello, Ms. Wilde." "Hello, Ms. Wilde." "Hello, Ms. Wilde." "Hello, Ms. Wilde." "Hello, Ms. Wilde." "Hello, Ms. Wilde." "Hello, Ms. Wilde." "Hello, Ms. Wilde." "Hello, Ms. Wilde." "Hello, Ms. Wilde." "Hello, Ms. Wilde." "Hello, Ms. Wilde." "Hello, Ms. Wilde." "Hello, Ms. Wilde." "Hello, Ms. Wilde." "Hello, Ms. Wilde." "Hello, Ms. Wilde." "Hello, Ms. Wilde."

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
We're not robots. Did you know robot comes from the word slave?
8xSmOSe.gif

Hrothgar

Nov 6, 2017
I don't know what creeps me out more, multiple accounts finishing eachother's thoughts, or the use of "associate".

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Along with the swarm of people responding to the one woman, it is also sad that Amazon is offering warehouse tours. Scheduling tours allows Amazon to control the image and hide problems like bathroom breaks and temperature issues.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, these people are literally an inch away from becoming Subway from Community. Corpohumanization is real.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Isn't account sharing against the Twitter ToS?

It also reminds me of the Sixers in Ready Player One.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Bernie got them SHOOK

This seriously feels as if they were brainwashed
Read between the lines.
I suffer from dePression too, and at one point I wanted to quit Amazon. But I reaLizEd it wAS my fault for the problEms I was dealing witH, and not Amazon's. I'm allowEd to taLk to peoPle, but soMEtimes I don't want to. Now I have some great coworkers to pass the nights with.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
If MLM and Scientology merged together, those tweets are what I'd imagine interacting with their members would be like.

And who is this low budget struggle PR for? Who's biting? A few weeks ago, "Amazon News" also promoted a shitty PR piece written by Quillette.

Qatar, MBS, and Blackwater hire shameless but effective PR firms and lobbyists. Amazon with all its money does the shit in the OP.

I thought this one was parody account like Amazon Ambassador Jordan. Oh dear.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Love it when the language of anti-Captalism is used to shame someone for being snarky (at worst) to her Corporate financed harassers.
People have to pay their bills. Some people have the option of choosing a more ethical career than others. Some people don't. These are people on the lowest rung of the corporate ladder. Getting mad at them personally doesn't make sense to me and ends up as lower class in-fighting.

It'd be different if we were talking about high level corporate manager who's engaging in ethics breaches and are paid far beyond their value, but I really can't fault someone for taking a decent minimum wage job even if it means selling out their soul. The true culprits here are not the individual shill accounts, it's Amazon corporate policy, and to a lesser extent, Twitter corporate policy.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wtf? If they actually got a bunch of people to write positive things about them on social media, why would they have them go around with "Amazon Ambassador" in their name? When you want people to be convinced you're not evil, you do that by convincing people regular ass employees aren't having a problem with your company. An "Amazon Ambassador" isn't a regular ass employee.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
"I feel like I'm talking to the borg" lmfao. That's so accurate. "Our captors are feeding us and we are safe and secure"

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That is what she gets for speaking ill of Lord Bezos, American oligarch and owner of The Washington Post.

giphy.gif

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
People have to pay their bills. Some people have the option of choosing a more ethical career than others. Some people don't. These are people on the lowest rung of the corporate ladder. Getting mad at them personally doesn't make sense to me and ends up as lower class in-fighting.

It'd be different if we were talking about high level corporate manager who's engaging in ethics breaches and are paid far beyond their value, but I really can't fault someone for taking a decent minimum wage job even if it means selling out their soul. The true culprits here are not the individual shill accounts, it's Amazon corporate policy, and to a lesser extent, Twitter corporate policy.

Lol I was joking a bit about you calling her a class traitor and then you basically go and do it. Brilliant.

Her getting snarky is not a problem here lol. Going after her in any capacity is massively losing the script dude.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lol I was joking a bit about you calling her a class traitor and then you basically go and do it. Brilliant.

Her getting snarky is not a problem here lol.
I don't think it's a problem either. I just don't like it when our (American) culture blames corporate/social problems on company drones, while turning around to exalt the virtues of capitalism.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's a problem either. I just don't like it when our (American) culture blames corporate/social problems on company drones, while turning around to exalt the virtues of capitalism.

I mean you clearly do, you outright argued she shouldn't expect privacy on Twitter and accused her of taking her anger out on the employees harassing her.

Again they went to her. They bombarded her.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if there's some seriously strict oversight and there's little creative input here on the actual 'Ambassadors' side (it could be one dumbass manager here directing a team's focus unto one poor woman) but at the same time this is very much a vain hope to believe that the cogs in the machine are still free-thinkers.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean you clearly do, you outright argued she shouldn't expect privacy on Twitter
She shouldn't, no one should. Twitter doesn't promise privacy nor does it guarantee privacy, and it has shown that it will only step in against harassment when it suffers PR backlash.

Social media is not a private space and social media giants don't care about securing your privacy.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
on the one hand its kinda hilarious amazon basically pays a few people $15hr to just be super positive about amazon online, its not that different from a million other jobs OR a million russian/etc bots either

on the other hand its nice one person is taking them to task for it

on the third hand that person is probably also just a twitter clickbaiter, trying to get a rise out of any corporation so they can get that little perfect vortex of social media attention and profit off it

i kinda wish era wouldn't allow any talk of twitter thread wars tbh, it just feels kinda slimey for some reason like we are contributing to the fall of decency and society. this whole thing does feel very much like that black mirror episode with jessica chastain where everyone is super fake and chasing Like's

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
She shouldn't, no one should. Twitter doesn't promise privacy nor does it guarantee privacy, and it has shown that it will only step in against harassment when it suffers PR backlash.

Social media is not a private space and social media giants don't care about securing your privacy.

She also shouldn't passively accept harassment from paid harassers and that includes it being ok to tell them off.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
She also shouldn't passively accept harassment from paid harassers and that includes it being ok to tell them off.
She shouldn't, and it's absolutely okay.

Again, I'd prefer it if society collectively spent more time tearing down capitalism instead of engaging in twitter wars but I'm not going to tell her to stop snarking at brand accounts.

Deleted member 907

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised at the shock in this thread. This type of thing has been happening since the internet went mainstream 25-30 years ago. Frontline did a documentary on it 20 years ago. Those Russian troll farms that we love to talk shit about? They learned it from US corporations and just like the Nazis, the Russians only went so far because the US takes this shit to absurd levels as demonstrated by Amazon. You'd be a fool to think they're the only company that takes it this far.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I heard about this and thought it was pretty shady.

Then I read that twitter thread and think it's fucking legitimately dystopian.

kIdMuScLe

Oct 27, 2017
Los angeles
I liked my time at Amazon. It was fun, lazy work and took home some cool swags. It sucks about other warehouse fulfillment centers who treat their workers like that.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
on the third hand that person is probably also just a twitter clickbaiter, trying to get a rise out of any corporation so they can get that little perfect vortex of social media attention and profit off it

I think she just wanted to criticize Amazon but sure you can assume the absolute worst of her so you can feel you're above it all.

I mean literally this is only a story because a literal swarm of paid harassers descended on her.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Absolute best way to destroy this initiative is to countertroll. Make fake Ambassador accounts and talk about how generous Jeff Bezos is for letting you clean his shoes with rags instead of your tongue.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Take a look at this Hannah person's twitter. Its incessant Amazon corporate shilling. Like, non stop.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Take a look at this Hannah person's twitter. Its incessant Amazon corporate shilling. Like, non stop.

Those accounts were created by Amazon for their employees to use on company time for company pay.

They recycle them which is why you can find old tweets from other employees in their Twitter history

All they do when someone new takes over is change the pic and the name

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those accounts were created by Amazon for their employees to use on company time for company pay.

They recycle them which is why you can find old tweets from other employees in their Twitter history

All they do when someone new takes over is change the pic and the name

This is so Black Mirror.