• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People already are doing that

source.gif

Delightful

Feb 10, 2018
How hard is it working in a FC?

They get £12.39 an hour, which in UK is better then the national living wage of £8.21, UK does have healthcare, but I wish the living wage was more.
And, I'm sure kitchen Porter, cleaner, waiter etc are just as hard as working in an FC.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Hello. thank you for posting this. as a 5th prEstige amazon ambassador i would Like to confirm that People such as yourself are the reasons why we continue to Make sure we trEat our employees fairly. i love amazon.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Wow really clever tie in for the upcoming Picard show. I guess this will be the official Borg origin story.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Those accounts were created by Amazon for their employees to use on company time for company pay.

They recycle them which is why you can find old tweets from other employees in their Twitter history

All they do when someone new takes over is change the pic and the name
Wait, give me a second.

nj5ulH6.gif

Okay, continue.

Oct 26, 2017
I remember somebody in the comments section of a Eurogamer article criticized Amazon and somebody else responded with a monologue that sounded creepily like a PR release. There was also an article in a local newspaper about the "fulfillment centre" near me about the shitty conditions at Christmas time and the comments section was bursting with pro-Amazon shills so this doesn't even remotely surprise me.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

They openly announce when they switch

It's literally rotation position. Like maybe a reward "hey employees as a reward if you're good we'll pay you to harass people on the internet for a month or so"

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

This is paid Amazon content. Literally she is paid to blame herself for her mental health issues.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
Are the twitter profiles REAL people? Part of me thinks the profile photos were created by a bot

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

That is the saddest fucking shit I have ever seen, jesus it reminds me of cult member interviews

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

Woman who got a verbal warning for a single under preforming due to another person not doing their job doesn't think they need a union

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
These accounts aren't designed to change anyone's mind personally--everyone will see them as hollow as they are. But their responses are 100% about manipulating SEO; so when you search "is Amazon bad?" or whatever you get 10,000 bot responses instead of the 1,000 posts that inspired them. Even people mocking them is playing into the same thing--it's burying the negativity.

Platform holders need to crush these human bots.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
This is why I continue to stay away from Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. It's full of bullshit and sleazy marketing.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Here's the reason why the people likely aren't lying about why they like their job -

It is likely better than another shitty bottom tier service position and depending where they live, it might be the best job they can get, both payrate and conditions wise. Obviously, they all should be unionized, but people buy too quick into the "they must be shills argument."

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the reason why the people likely aren't lying about why they like their job -

It is likely better than another shitty bottom tier service position and depending where they live, it might be the best job they can get, both payrate and conditions wise. Obviously, they all should be unionized, but people buy too quick into the "they must be shills argument."

They could prefer this to the other jobs in the area but they literally are shills. Hella nailed it, they're getting paid to post on corporate accounts to change the narrative around Amazon working conditions in their warehouses. That it's now a question of whether they are lying or not shows that it's working.

Xpike

Oct 25, 2017
you guys realize hannah isn't real
they're all fake people made to keep up optics so that news outlets won't pick up bad news
not like they'd cross lord bezos anyways

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Maybe not a robot, but definitely BORG.

Also if you have to wear a shirt or carry a banner that says I AM NOT A ROBOT(unironically) you may want to rethink I dunno... EVERYTHING about what you are doing.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you guys realize hannah isn't real
they're all fake people made to keep up optics so that news outlets won't pick up bad news
not like they'd cross lord bezos anyways
I assumed that at first, but a fake account wouldnt talk about the water making them sick.

This feels like actual brainwashing at this point.

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
It's like those insincere canned emails you get when you have an issue you need to resolve with a company, except here you never even asked for their comment and they're just bombarding you with crap.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Hannah is bumming me out, man.

The other "ambassadors" have that faux chipper attitude while they run defense, but Hannah has some serious problems exuding from her replies.

Vipershark

Oct 28, 2017
I work for the megacorporation in question (I don't say the name only because the social media policy requires that I have to be clear that I'm not speaking for or as a representative of the company, so it's easier to speak freely if I just don't call the company by name) and can say in all seriousness that most of the issues people complain about are completely overblown.

I'm no corporate shill and would definitely like to be paid more, among other things, but in no way is the job or the company as bad as people say and I actually enjoy my job.
They have one of the most lenient time off policies that I've ever seen but most employees abuse it and end up getting fired for it.
The rate is not that hard to make and if you actually *try* it's really not hard to do well - I started from the floor and have been promoted three times already because I actually tried.

I have posted about this here before if you check my post history and can answer questions honestly if you quote this post so that I get notified.

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
While working at Amazon, I've met people like this. They really love working at Amazon. I personally never saw nor heard anything close to the horrors that employees at other FCs have experienced, but I don't doubt them. I did see maybe 2 or 3 people taken out in ambulances though, in my nearly 3 years there, due to (I'm assuming) passing out because it was hot in the summer.

I also met a ton of people that didn't want to unionize, mainly younger people. A few of the older ones have been in unions and would talk about how nice they were. The younger generation has been brought up on disliking unions.

My old FC had a pretty decent turnover rate, though a lot of people would stay for months perhaps even a year or two.

Our leads would encourage us to bring water bottles to stay hydrated and encourage bathroom breaks. Of course, some would abuse that(staying in bathrooms for 10+ minutes), but it was never really an issue.

One of the worst things, though, were keeping up with rates. Every few months, they'd raise the rate per position a few more units per hour. If they saw the majority of a certain position in the FC perform at a certain rate above the minimum, they'd make that rate the new minimum.

Some of the nicest things available while working there were the benefits and financial aid for certain certifications. The benefits didn't cost much per paycheck and covered a decent amount. If you were to get certified in a certain profession through their program, they'd help you with bringing job recruiters/employers from your field so you can talk to them and offer your resumé.

An interesting thing they had, and I'm not sure if they still have it, but they'd offer their employees money once a year to quit. The catch was that you'd never be allowed to work at Amazon or any place owned by Amazon ever again. Most people never took that offer, just those who had better jobs lined up around that time.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
That jeff bezos is good people..surely the Washington Post and other news outlets will zero in on this right away....any day now....

By the way, what your thinking is conspiratorial and there is 'no evidence' of conspiracy anywhere in regards to tamping down on dehumanizing work practices, what are you talking about

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That jeff bezos is good people..surely the Washington Post and other news outlets will zero in on this right away....any day now....

By the way, what your thinking is conspiratorial and there is 'no evidence' of conspiracy anywhere in regards to tamping down on dehumanizing work practices, what are you talking about
Nice conspiracy theory, as if the famed WaPo would be anything but completely objective and bias free, regardless of who owns them.