• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Black Mirror Season 5 - Coming June 5

Oct 25, 2017
Black Mirror feels like it's largely been on auto-pilot in the writing department for the last two seasons while everything else has gone up in quality. That said, still got chills watching the teaser and I'll be there day one. A return to the three episode format is a welcome return too.

Oct 25, 2017
Black Mirror feels like it's largely been on auto-pilot in the writing department for the last two seasons while everything else has gone up in quality. That said, still got chills watching the teaser and I'll be there day one. A return to the three episode format is a welcome return too.
Yeah, felt like since the Netflix switch up it went from examining our relationship with technology to cool situation where technology is involved.

Can't wait to see what's next though.

Oct 25, 2017
Tried watching this show once. Saw S1 E1, okay, that was cool let's check out E2 now... Wow. Nope, not my thing.
You do know that each episodes are self-contained if you saw the first 2 episodes, right?

But if it's the depressing side of the 2nd episode that made you go "nope", it's probably better if you stay away I guess. :P

Nov 21, 2017
Season 4 was a let-down to me, I feel like we'll never get the greatness of the 1st seasons, but I'm still interested in what they'll do this time around.
Thats just what the showrunners want you to think. If you remember again the final episode of season 4, the story compilation there was actually good if they wanted to focus on one

Also, it is said to have 3 episodes, but trailer looks like it has more

Oct 27, 2017
Season 4 was a let-down to me, I feel like we'll never get the greatness of the 1st seasons, but I'm still interested in what they'll do this time around.
Crocodile, USS Callister and Hang the DJ were all brilliant. Think people have unrealistic expectations for Black Mirror because they have enjoyed previous series more than current but you have to consider that the longer a premise like Black Mirror goes on the harder it's going to be to stay fresh and surprise you. The new episodes might be brilliant yet you won't get the same buzz because you've seen similar before.