• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Elliot Pudge

Oct 25, 2017
"three new stories" ?

three episodes or...? that'd be okay if they're movie length and "white bear" quality

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
My favorite show <3
Was not expecting anything so soon.
giphy.gif

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Black Mirror feels like it's largely been on auto-pilot in the writing department for the last two seasons while everything else has gone up in quality. That said, still got chills watching the teaser and I'll be there day one. A return to the three episode format is a welcome return too.

3bdelilah

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Any idea how long each episode takes? I know the first two seasons had three episodes (not counting White Christmas which was a bonus episode), but seasons 3 and 4 having six episodes kinda spoiled me.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Black Mirror feels like it's largely been on auto-pilot in the writing department for the last two seasons while everything else has gone up in quality. That said, still got chills watching the teaser and I'll be there day one. A return to the three episode format is a welcome return too.

Yeah, felt like since the Netflix switch up it went from examining our relationship with technology to cool situation where technology is involved.

Can't wait to see what's next though.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
IMDB lists 6 episodes, and I'm almsot sure I read an interview that said it was 6 also hmmm

Maybe more later in the year?

Qasiel

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
This reminds me I still need to watch Bandersnatch.

That being said, more Black Mirror makes me a happy man!

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
Tried watching this show once. Saw S1 E1, okay, that was cool let's check out E2 now... Wow. Nope, not my thing.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Got some nice actors for this season. Definitely going to watch. Hopefully with the smaller amount of episodes, they can focus more on each story.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Tried watching this show once. Saw S1 E1, okay, that was cool let's check out E2 now... Wow. Nope, not my thing.

You do know that each episodes are self-contained if you saw the first 2 episodes, right?

But if it's the depressing side of the 2nd episode that made you go "nope", it's probably better if you stay away I guess. :P

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
After season 4 and Bandersnatch my hype is at an all-time low.

EDIT: Seriously? Another fucking video game/VR episode? Come on Brooker, get some inspiration.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they're back to 3 episodes like back on C4. Hopefully that improves the consistency.

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this is good. Haven't enjoyed it as much since the switch to Netflix. Bandersnatch was an interesting idea but I would have preferred a normal episode.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Season 4 was a let-down to me, I feel like we'll never get the greatness of the 1st seasons, but I'm still interested in what they'll do this time around.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
I don't mind only 3 episodes at all, hopefully the wait between "seasons" will be shorter, and I'm pretty sure we'll get a Christmas episode.

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
S4 was excellent. USS Callister, Crocodile and Metalhead are among the best in the entire series.

I cannot wait for S5!

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Season 4 was a let-down to me, I feel like we'll never get the greatness of the 1st seasons, but I'm still interested in what they'll do this time around.
Thats just what the showrunners want you to think. If you remember again the final episode of season 4, the story compilation there was actually good if they wanted to focus on one

Also, it is said to have 3 episodes, but trailer looks like it has more

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017

Crocodile, USS Callister and Hang the DJ were all brilliant. Think people have unrealistic expectations for Black Mirror because they have enjoyed previous series more than current but you have to consider that the longer a premise like Black Mirror goes on the harder it's going to be to stay fresh and surprise you. The new episodes might be brilliant yet you won't get the same buzz because you've seen similar before.