• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BillyMays

Banned
Mar 15, 2018
Pretty impressive

"The excitement for Black Ops 4 from fans all over the world has been amazing. It's an extraordinary bond our community has with this series and we're incredibly thankful for their support,"
said Rob Kostich, EVP and GM, Call of Duty. "The Black Ops 4 reveal trended #1 globally on Twitter, it broke franchise records for the most watched reveal in our history, and content from our community reveal event has already been viewed over 80 million times. Initial pre-orders are also strong through week one of reveal, and above last year."

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Black Ops has historically always been the biggest subseries, and I imagine having a lot more zombies content and Battle Royale will only help.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Game looks good, what can i say. I'll pick it up. Every once in awhile it's good for Era to realize we're a bit of an echo chamber, and there's a whole fuck ton of people out there less cynical than us haha

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
No body gives a shit about campaign apparently.
Its been ages since i've bought a CoD game, like, since last generation, but i do quite like the campaigns as pulpy as they are. Now having said that, this game having a BR mode has actually put it on the radar of my friend and I, and it might be fun to play a CoD game again after quite a hiatus. I hope no campaigns doesn't become the standard, but for this entry, it might be the right call.

Sub Level

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Zombies + BR + Rainbow Six in one package is gonna have some mainstream appeal, yea.

I'm just happy that they haven't announced a season pass yet.

Venom.

Oct 26, 2017
London
I think it should have a campaign. But I watched the reveal and loved the whole zombie backstory. I haven't bought a Call of Duty at launch for years but am considering this one!

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
People never learn. Good on them for the early preorder success but after all the nonsense with lootboxes in other competitors games and the seeming no campaign, I just think the "wait and see" approach is safer. Like others said, lets see what this Battle Royale like FIRST

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
People should REALLY stop predicting that a COD game is gonna fail.
520300ff2ad21b337f743e8d95606c9278ab500a_hq.gif

If I don' like something it must fail.

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
I think that most people are just curious about the BR mode, it just sounds so ridiculous for it to work in a COD game.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
CoD BR will be absolutely insane and HUGE!

i suspect this will be the biggest paid BR game in history.

Drey1082

Oct 27, 2017
The premier of Battle Royal in this game will be a huge moment at E3. For the mainstream media, this will probably be the moment of the show. It will definitely be the most covered, good or bad.

Oct 25, 2017
"No Story mode means no buy"

The Battle Royale pull is too strong, also the zombies stuff looks so fucking weird.

Have like no desire for the actual MP of this game.

FroMonk

Oct 25, 2017
I've long thought that COD is no longer a game for me or people like me, and the BO4 reveal proved it, IMO. There's not much else to say, really.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I wonder if we gonna have another thing like 2 years ago BF blew COD out with their reveal.

Probably not as people seem to care for this CoD a bit more than IW.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
The game looks amazing so this is good to hear. Really hope there's enough multiplayer maps at launch considering there's no campaign. I'm not overly dissapointed in the lack of a campaign with how terrible 3's was.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I wonder how much of the attach rate COD, BF, and RDR2 will take from Fortnite.

As for PUBG

giphy.gif

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Good for them! Hopefully they'll be successful!

I still won't buy it cause of the lack of story mode. But it's good to see that BR is working for them.

MacSalty

May 4, 2018
I'm really curious at this point if the hype/excitement is more built around a fourth entry in the series? Or that it's Battle Royale?