• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lackless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
wbNcwNF.jpg

EVUWeMN.jpg

Looks like Activision is the next publisher to completely drop Steam. No surprise honestly. CoD can sell on its own and they want the extra 30%.

MOD EDIT:
Exclusivity & Port Developer Confirmed in Video

Last edited by a moderator:

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
At this point I really don't care, I used to put 500+ hours into every CoD but it has been on such a decline for the past few years and the PC community is almost entirely dead anyway.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Battlefield could do it with BF3 because BF at the time the series was a PC focused franchise. CoD is practically a console only shooter with a PC port and with player numbers to match. This could flop to 'Infinite Warfare on Windows Store' proportions, especially as a MP game.

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PC cod is such a rotting corpse of a franchise that it kind of shocks me they still even bother putting them out

I feel really bad for the dudes who buy the season passes for the PC version. Might as well just literally light your wallet on fire :/

Tecnniqe

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Antarctica
Oh my god that's terrible considering Battle.net can't even let you play with friends and have friend list cross region without mombojumboing and swapping game versions and separate lists and what not.

God damnit.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Good, keep that trash exclusively on battle.net. They can take 100% share of revenue from each sale and shove it down their throats. Regardless, this stupid trend of platform exclusives inside of the PC gaming space sets a pretty bad precedent, even if its something like COD. Already Multiplatform exclusives don't help one bit and now we got this exclusive bullshit in PC gaming. Instead of offering better features and services first, these greedy publishers take a console like approach in PC gaming. The sooner this trend dies, the better.

Nokterian

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Euroland
Another big reason they go to Battle.net..

No more 30% of the money going to Valve.

And i think i will skip PC version anyway since I'm playing PS4 with every CoD since Ghosts orso.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
does it honestly matter what launcher its on? its CoD...on PC. which dev is doing this one this time? is it the one that actually tries with their pc port? Im always telling myself id like to come back to cod, but its still just the same shit year after year.

OP
OP
Lackless

Lackless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good, keep that trash exclusively on battle.net. They can take 100% share of revenue from each sale and shove it down their throats. Regardless, this stupid trend of platform exclusives inside of the PC gaming space sets a pretty bad precedent.

You must really hate Steam then because they're the ones who started selling games exclusively on a service.

Kuosi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Dont honestly care if its on steam or bnet, if the br mode is actually good it might be the first cod Ill buy in a long time

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
I really dislike that this is going to clutter up Battle.net, in a few years the amount of cod thumbnails will completely surpass everything else on the platform.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Cool. The more competition in digital game stores the better imo. I wish consoles had multiple digital vendors.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Expected.
Regardless of service provider, COD simply isn't competitive and hasn't been for years on PC.

I don't get the complaints like who doesn't have Battle net on their gaming PC's the no steam no buy stance is ridiculous

It's perfectly valid for anyone that finds that to be their preferred service provider.
While I don't do this with Battlenet (outside of everything that isn't Starcraft), I've done this with Origin and Uplay before, where my experience was painfully abysmal

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
The best service lol? Steam support feels like I'm back in 1999. It's abysmal.

This is quite outdated judging by the rather massive decline in these reports. It's more of a meme.
And I know this from my 9 months ago experience with having to stay on the phone with Blizzard for over 3 hours at my own expense just to provide my ID - for their own mistake for which I got no appology

DeusOcha

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Japan
I fucking knew it. I remember back on GAF when Destiny 2 was going to be on BNet and I predicted that this was the start of Activision shoving their shitty titles onto the platform just to compete with Steam, many cried foul back then.

I still hold my same stance. BNet isn't built to be a competitor to Steam, it's an online hub for Blizzard games and only Blizzard games whose game systems are built from the groundup with the digital platform in mind.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Man, you only go to Battle.Net if you want your game to die. Like Overwatch, you know, that shooter that's totally dead and no one plays?