• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I hope crash is battlenet exclusive as well because i fucking hate the steam only stance. It's worse than any console warrior bullshit because you just need to install a free launcher.

Decado

Dec 7, 2017
I hope Valve has plans for when all major publishers drop them. First EA, now Activion...wouldn't be shocked if Take2 and Ubisoft follow at some point. Possibly Bethesda.

I feel like Valve is in a position somewhat similar to Netflix, bit instead of being proactive, they are sitting on their hands.

Kuosi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Game is far from dead on PC, you just see a lot of hackers and the same faces. The Battle.net change will be good for removing hackers and the visibility to possible new players, along with cross-promotion deals between games could be very good for Blops 4. Dedicated servers are also a great thing to see.
Exclusive wow mount for buying CoD and suddenly the sales are good again

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I really think this is gonna bomb hard. Sure, COD never set the world alight on PC, but with Steam sales (even though they were infamously stingy) and a campaign I think a lot of people jumped in. So many lost sales.
COD1, 2 & especially MW were huge on PC, it's MW2 that forever soured PC gamers & COD never recovered on PC since, hell i still joke about "Not balanced for lean" among my friends.

GameZone

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Another big reason they go to Battle.net..

No more 30% of the money going to Valve.

And i think i will skip PC version anyway since I'm playing PS4 with every CoD since Ghosts orso.

Don't you think every publisher is aware of that? Yet 90% of publishers prefer to release their games on Steam. It's not like EA and Activision are the first publishers to discover the idea. They are taking risks. Black Ops 4 could flop like ever before on PC for all we know. It's not like every game with Battle Royale will become a huge success.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Many of the biggest games in the world continue to not be on Steam. Not sure what the hub-bub's about.

Battle.net as a platform has a lot of advantages over Steam, so I'm nonplussed about it.
I suspect that retention on the B.net platform will be better than on Steam's as well due to built-in features.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I play every CoD on PC and there are always people to play with. I'm never waiting too long for a match. What are you people talking about CoD being dead on PC, lol. WW2 has a steady 6-7k active players every day. Sure it's not a big number, but it's enough to find games quite quickly.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
It saves Activision money not having to share a cut with Valve and the Bnet Launcher is probably on 90% of PCs that have Steam anyway.

Makes sense for Activision to move all their games over to the Bnet Store.

Saty

Oct 27, 2017
Let's see what it does for their sales. WW2 was an upwards trajectory. Total sales on April 10th (last day of old Steamspy) had WW2 at ~960K owners while Infinite Warfare was at 525K. Basically double the sales in half the time.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
CoD is usually not played on PC but with how unpolished PUBG is I can't imagine it won't be popular on PC

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i'm fine with other clients but battlenet is pretty bad. i can leave steam running but have to tell overwatch to kill the battlenet whenever i boot it since otherwise it'll eat 20% of my cpu for no reason

Broadbandit

Oct 29, 2017
I don't know about you but I really don't like their social system since it's heavily focused on region restrictions both in and out of game. It's a hassle to play and communicate using it cross regions.

It's way behind a client like Steam in that way which makes it so great.

Guess I'm not sure what you are talking about Tec, I've never had an issue whispering another friend on bnet or partying up with anyone. I still utilize discord for all voice chat though

datamage

Oct 25, 2017
Exclusive wow mount for buying CoD and suddenly the sales are good again

More like, exclusive Soldier 76 skin.

I love how they slowly keep adding games to the launcher without being able to hide any of them. Also, if I cared about blops 4, I'd be annoyed that my CoD "collection" isn't in one place.

zerocalories

Oct 28, 2017
California
I play every CoD on PC and there are always people to play with. I'm never waiting too long for a match. What are you people talking about CoD being dead on PC, lol. WW2 has a steady 6-7k active players every day. Sure it's not a big number, but it's enough to find games quite quickly.

yes i agree, i also play cod only on pc and never really had a hard time finding games even a year after release

more echo chamber bs on the forums

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
This is going to fuck with my OCD. I've always owned every game on Battle.net since I love Blizzard games but now this will finally be the game that breaks that tradition. Was fun while it lasted ;_;

Dec 3, 2017
Much like Destiny 2, a pass from me. Maybe they wouldn't worry so much about that 30% if they actually priced their games reasonably during a sale. No one wants to pay $30 for Black Ops II - on sale - in 2018. Come on now. But yeah, doesn't make much sense to me. Most PC storefront platforms are horrendous, but I think Battle.net is second-best... but it's a distant second behind Steam. I'm sure Blizzard stuff does just fine - no doubt it does. I don't see how Destiny and Call of Duty benefit from a move like this.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
I hope crash is battlenet exclusive as well because i fucking hate the steam only stance. It's worse than any console warrior bullshit because you just need to install a free launcher.

I've never seen a Steam only stance. Why would anyone have an issue with a game being available in more than one place? That is definitely a rather console-like mindset of "exclusives". A lot of people don't like something not being on Steam, and there are plenty of reasons why that might be, just as someone might complain of something not being on Battlenet, GOG, Humble or any other number of services.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
So I'm gonna I've non blizzard games I'll never purchase shitting up my Battle.net UI? I already dislike Destiny being there

Tecnniqe

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Antarctica
Guess I'm not sure what you are talking about Tec, I've never had an issue whispering another friend on bnet or partying up with anyone. I still utilize discord for all voice chat though
Well if you want to play you need to both have the same region selected which will change the friends list region if you don't "belong" in that region and add each other all over again and as soon as they swap back to another region they just vanish again.

It made playing Destiny 2 terrible as you simply couldn't just "invite" them unless they rebooted and you had them on the right regions friend list, and if they had someone else with them both of them or you had to swap.

It's such a weird thing but it really kills the flow...

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I hope Valve has plans for when all major publishers drop them. First EA, now Activion...wouldn't be shocked if Take2 and Ubisoft follow at some point. Possibly Bethesda.

I feel like Valve is in a position somewhat similar to Netflix, bit instead of being proactive, they are sitting on their hands.
I can see both Ubi & Beth doing exactly that. But with all the indies & now Japanese games pouring in, Valve will be fine even if Western publishers pull out in the future.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
More like, exclusive Soldier 76 skin.

I love how they slowly keep adding games to the launcher without being able to hide any of them. Also, if I cared about blops 4, I'd be annoyed that my CoD "collection" isn't in one place.
If there was a Ghost skin for 76, im pretty sure a lot of people would buy BO4 on PC just for that & never play it.