• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Interested. Hopefully they'll follow Infinite Warfare and WWII's examples when it comes to post-release weapons. The pure RNG of BO3's system caused me to drop the game early. I don't like being put on a hamster wheel.

Jay1V

Oct 28, 2017
I expect a lot of people will buy the season pass for this game to get the BR maps which will undoubtedly be included in the map packs

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I'm a massive BO stan I have even dropped WW2 and gone back to BO3 because of how much better it is. I personally will never touch Zombies or the Battle Royale mode so I'm just hoping they have a nice multiplayer and I really hope it has some campaign.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't make zombies the over-complicated sad excuse of a story mode that is Blops2&3 zombies. Learn a thing or two from IW's or your very own Blops1, Treyarch.

Make it sometime between the cold war and modern day, and by modern day I mean actual modern day, Blops2 was set in 2025 and it was futuristic as fuck.

Don't fuck up the map design for the sake of BR.

A fool's hope, but for the love of god start releasing maps for free like every other goddamn dev out there.

Stop adding clown and dumb looking skins for soldiers, and don't add dabbing. For the love of god. No.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was a lot more excited back when this was supposed to be a new trilogy set in a different time era than the jetpack wall running horsefuckery.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
All they have to do is have the BLOPS 2 systems and gameplay with some new maps and a BR mode, and they will print money.

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
I'll check it out

Blops3 is one of the best MP CODs to date, and Treyarch, with the possible exclusion of early MW1/MW2 infinity ward, is easily the best modern COD dev

Also, for whatever reason I havent yet engaged with the Battle Royale genre, and COD mechanics may be what get me to finally try it

Oct 25, 2017
1 thing I actually liked from the rumors was Activision was looking to ditch the 1 year cycle if BO4 failed.
I'd love for Modern Warfare 4 to be supported for maybe 2 years.

Or at the very least come up with significant achievement rewards that carry over to every following game.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
1 thing I actually liked from the rumors was Activision was looking to ditch the 1 year cycle if BO4 failed.
I'd love for Modern Warfare 4 to be supported for maybe 2 years.

Or at the very least come up with significant achievement rewards that carry over to every following game.
Each COD game has 3 year development time not 1 year

Every year a COD is made by one of three companies either Sledgehammer, Infinity Ward, Treyarch

Edit:

Nvm im dumb didnt read your post properly lol

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I would love if they dropped the stupid Premium Pass or whatever it's called nowadays. BF will probably drop it, so CoD will be "the bad one".

Oct 25, 2017
Each COD game has 3 year development time not 1 year

Every year a COD is made by one of three companies either Sledgehammer, Infinity Ward, Treyarch

Edit:

Nvm im dumb didnt read your post properly lol
Yeah my bad I just meant the yearly COD release cycle.

I mean it could be a double edged sword as I certainly wouldn't want to be stuck with WW2 more than we already have, but something like MW. There's just so much potential it could last years.

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
Kinda excited for the new information but It will probably be a letdown. I think it will introduce some new things that I will probably not like.
WW2 was a good direction in its simplicity but a little poor in the execution.

NateSnacks

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
If they pull the campaign im sure they have enough data to back up their reasoning, but im the statistic that very much enjoys my yearly COD campaign. :(

TheBuck

Jan 22, 2018
VigilantPerfectBullfrog-size_restricted.gif

TheHyde

Oct 29, 2017
Most likely will pass on this. Only CoD that I have played in the last few years was Infinite Warfare, because of the interesting setting and excellent campaign. Unfortunately we will never go back to that universe because the MP portion sucked. But that is how you make CoD campaign, easily worth of admission alone.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
I was gonna get this on PS4 this time, but if it has exo suits, I will definitely pass. I can hardly aim on console in BOTG games and now everyone is gonna jump like a rabbit around me again? Nah...

HussiZooT

Beware the Monkey's Paw
Nov 16, 2017
I was hoping for a less futuristic setting. Maybe current times or even back to Vietnam.

But okay. Let's wait for the reveal event now.

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am excited for the battle royale mode. I am not really call of duty fan but call of duty games have solid gameplay and a battle royale mode would be interesting.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this takes place before black ops 3 but I bet it doesn't. I wish the campaign was like 1 and 2 but it doesn't have a campaign lol

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
So if they do announce a BR game, my main question is how many players? I know 100 is the standard, but I could see them going with something smaller, say 40 or 64, and a smaller map to help keep the tempo up and the game feeling like CoD.

VoidPlot

Nov 1, 2017
That girl and that guy are the same model characters for the BO3 Multiplayer I think Glad to see them back if true .

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
As someone who absolutely loved Black Ops 1, didn't care for Black Ops 2 and mostly enjoyed Black Ops 3, I'm fairly excited. I'm praying we're leaning more towards Black Ops 1 style MP so I'm hoping it's modern based. No more crazy movement. I really don't want to see a futuristic setting unless it's the very near future.

I hope and think we will see some campaign confirmation but I'm mainly interested in the multiplayer aspect. I don't expect it to be a total blowout where they show us a ton of stuff but I'd like to see enough to get a good idea of what the gameplay will be like. If the battle royale mode is a thing then I'd hope they show it in some form.

I don't especially care about zombies so I don't really want to see it at all in the event. I mean, zombies is a cool mode and I have fun with it sometimes but it's kind of the same shit every year. Don't waste time on it unless they're doing something special with it.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
MP with BR done by Raven maybe even some Zombies.

Also hopefully a better box art than this ad.

oh and Battle net used for PC users. RIP COD on Steam.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Black Ops 3 was my favorite CoD MP, so yeah, I'm interested to see more. Just really tired of the playerbase being split by paid map packs.