• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
I don't get their adjusted score. You'd think Get Out would be in that position considering it only has 7 less reviews but 2% higher average?

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They did the same bullshit when Wonder Woman came out. RT called it the highest rated superhero film ever, despite the fact that other superhero films had a higher tomatometer and average rating.

Joliet Jake

Oct 27, 2017
2018 has been an incredible year for movies and it's only February. Paddington 2 is apparently the 7th best movie of all time too.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
lmao

This is worse than the people who think The Shawshank Redemption is the best film of all time because it's at the top of the IMDb 250

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe the algorithm uses the average score and not just the proportion of reviews that awarded 3/5 or above? (Thereby acknowledging that the 'freshness rating' isn't all that useful)

Illest1

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, a movie with a black director and an all-black cast getting in the top 5 biggest opening weekends of all time is pretty damn historic.

I can appreciate the milestone, but to label it a major historical event is a bit premature imo.

Will this change laws, quality of life, or anything on that level?

Again, a bit premature. It's a box office smash at this point.

NYR

Oct 27, 2017
Obviously it's not the best fucking movie of all time, but your pedantry and desire to rain on the parade are tired b
Not best movie of all time but deserves to be the best reviewed movie of all time. Riiiight. Again, you haven't even seen it so not sure why you are even in a position to not call it the best movie of all time yet.

And using facts to prove my point of view does not equal raining on a parade. Make sure to quote and call out the majority mentioning how silly it is this is ranked #1.

Lackless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's good but it ain't that good. Black Panther doesn't even hold a candle to The Godfather: Part II or Citizen Kane.

Deleted member 15326

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not best movie of all time but deserves to be the best reviewed movie of all time. Riiiight. Again, you haven't even seen it so not sure why you are even in a position to not call it the best movie of all time yet.

And using facts to prove my point of view does not equal raining on a parade. Make sure to quote and call out the majority mentioning how silly it is this is ranked #1.

It's rotten tomatoes man

breathe

Spidey

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Congrats to Citizen Kane for the number three slot, outside of Wizard of Oz it's now the Black Panther of non MCU movies.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
rotten-tomatoes-black-panther-ranking-1085465.jpeg

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/02/20/black-panther-ranked-best-movie-all-time-rotten-tomatoes/

Hahahahahahahaha! Suck it, Nazis.

Lol, don't forget Get Out which is also has a black lead and director is #5. So, technically Black movies are 40% of the top 5 movies while black population is only 14% of the U.S demographics.

All kidding aside, one must remember that the rotten tomatoes score doesn't measure the "quality" of a movie, but the universality of its acclaim amongst critics. if a movie is rated 3/5 by 300 critics, it will be ranked #1. even if another movie is ranked 5/5 by 280 critics and 2/5 by 20 critics.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Black panther has an 8.2/10 average rating. Most of the other films on that list scored much higher.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess it's just how RT wants to do things, but I'll never understand placing movies that have just released on 'all-time best' lists. Give it some time, damn.
. People are reactionary.
It's why we never give awards to movies that come out in the beginning of the year. We all forget by then. Give people time. They will cool down

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
damn. right up there with the greats. Citizen Kane, Wizard of Oz, Soul Plane, and the Gold Diggers of 1933.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
The gift that keeps on giving, the Black Panther story has been amazing. So glad for Coogler, Marvel and all the actors; they knew what the film could mean to many and didn't rush it at all. It was set up all the way back in Iron Man 2.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, if this is what it's going to take for Call Me By Your Name to get recognition then so be it.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's insulting to even call this a movie. This beautiful piece about alien space rocks and people turning into poorly rendered CG and punching eachother a hundred times so Disney can sell toys and make a bajillion dollars is humanity's greatest work of art, and I strongly feel we should send it into space so that the universe will one day know it existed

I don't hate the movie but come on